Lost Advanced Ancient Global Civilization

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
animation domination lol GIF by gifnews

ufo lol GIF by Justin Gammon

Aak, Aak ...

alien mars attacks GIF

james cameron aliens GIF by foxhorror
Scheming Area 51 GIF

Hate Dont Like GIF by Cameron McClain
Mars Attacks is a great movie.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Alright, that's fair. I thought Styrofoam and plastic took longer to degrade. Glass is 1 million years though. None of these mother fuckers used glass? (Also, people are bitching about 50 years to break down Styrofoam? Get a new hobby)

Edit: hold up. These civilizations are super advanced and they couldn't come up with materials more durable that what we have? Again, not buying it. No left over glass, no left over structures except things built with materials ancient non-advanced civilizations used, nothing. Just some stone blocks and a handful of pyramids. Do any of you belive that if we ceased to exist suddenly that our civilization right now would be completely undetectable in 100k years?

These are good questions. In the earth’s massive history of 4.5 billion years, a million probably wipes a lot out.

This is an interesting read. I’ve grabbed their conclusion, but it talks about plastics, climate impact in the archeological record, etc.

I added a second article link, but it was similar.

Was There a Civilization on Earth Before Humans?​

If an earlier species’s industrial activity is short-lived, we might not be able to easily see it. The PETM’s spikes mostly show us Earth’s timescales for responding to whatever caused it, not necessarily the timescale of the cause. So it might take both dedicated and novel detection methods to find evidence of a truly short-lived event in ancient sediments. In other words, if you’re not explicitly looking for it, you might not see it. That recognition was, perhaps, the most concrete conclusion of our study.

But this doesn’t explain the Pyramids and those boxes. We aren’t talking millions of years with those, as these articles talk about.

Those boxes are puzzling part in the timeline for me.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
These are good questions. In the earth’s massive history of 4.5 billion years, a million probably wipes a lot out.

This is an interesting read. I’ve grabbed their conclusion, but it talks about plastics, climate impact in the archeological record, etc.

I added a second article link, but it was similar.

Was There a Civilization on Earth Before Humans?​

If an earlier species’s industrial activity is short-lived, we might not be able to easily see it. The PETM’s spikes mostly show us Earth’s timescales for responding to whatever caused it, not necessarily the timescale of the cause. So it might take both dedicated and novel detection methods to find evidence of a truly short-lived event in ancient sediments. In other words, if you’re not explicitly looking for it, you might not see it. That recognition was, perhaps, the most concrete conclusion of our study.

But this doesn’t explain the Pyramids and those boxes. We aren’t talking millions of years with those, as these articles talk about.

Those boxes are puzzling part in the timeline for me.
And unless that civilization was vastly more intelligent than us (for no particular reason), then they wouldn't have been able to make those things either. Less time on earth is less time for technological advancement, meaning they would have worse tools than we do.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
And unless that civilization was vastly more intelligent than us (for no particular reason), then they wouldn't have been able to make those things either. Less time on earth is less time for technological advancement, meaning they would have worse tools than we do.

Some of the stone pots we’ve found. Perfectly symmetrical, and wafer thin.

You’d break those with pounding tools. How the heck were those made?

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Some of the stone pots we’ve found. Perfectly symmetrical, and wafer thin.

You’d break those with pounding tools. How the heck were those made?
Super carefully.

On a serious note, I don't have all the answers. I'm just saying we claim to know a shit ton about the history of the planet with a ridiculous amount of detail. Details about animals we've never seen and environments we've never experienced. We even claim to know how galaxies/stars/planets formed despite the fact that we've never seen one from start to finish and can't actually tell where anything is at in the process because we've never actually seen the process. Yet somehow in all of this accepted omniscience about shit we've never seen we missed entire civilizations that built things that still exist today? Giant stone blocks are one thing. Pyramids are one thing. But now you're talking about wafer thin (thus exceedingly fragile) pottery. It doesn't hold up to reason.

Q729

Legend
Super carefully.

On a serious note, I don't have all the answers. I'm just saying we claim to know a shit ton about the history of the planet with a ridiculous amount of detail. Details about animals we've never seen and environments we've never experienced. We even claim to know how galaxies/stars/planets formed despite the fact that we've never seen one from start to finish and can't actually tell where anything is at in the process because we've never actually seen the process. Yet somehow in all of this accepted omniscience about shit we've never seen we missed entire civilizations that built things that still exist today? Giant stone blocks are one thing. Pyramids are one thing. But now you're talking about wafer thin (thus exceedingly fragile) pottery. It doesn't hold up to reason.
What if our way of understanding is just not aligned with how these past civilizations worked? What if all these stone structures that lasted were just a part of the picture. All the crazy ass hi-tech glass/metal shit was built around the simple pyramids but eroded away after millions of years. I'm just throwing ideas against the wall here, so I'm not saying this is absolutely how it was. Just stuff to think about. Hell, it still gets me how they can fly space probes all over the place by just looking at numbers and shit. They ain't flying that shit around looking at a screen like a video game. Crazy stuff.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
What if our way of understanding is just not aligned with how these past civilizations worked? What if all these stone structures that lasted were just a part of the picture. All the crazy ass hi-tech glass/metal shit was built around the simple pyramids but eroded away after millions of years. I'm just throwing ideas against the wall here, so I'm not saying this is absolutely how it was. Just stuff to think about. Hell, it still gets me how they can fly space probes all over the place by just looking at numbers and shit. They ain't flying that shit around looking at a screen like a video game. Crazy stuff.
We would still likely have a fossil record from their development, even if we don't have one from the height of their civilization.

Q729

Legend
We would still likely have a fossil record from their development, even if we don't have one from the height of their civilization.
We do— the Pyramids and all those "no way they built that stuff with primitive tools" objects.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I‘ve heard arguments about geopolymers. That makes sense to me, assuming it was possible, and even then we’d find mold marks on some of these items.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Earthquakes are said to be what cracked the limestone coatings on the pyramids, and then the locals stole the limestone many years later to use for themselves. If humans can find a use for something, they've been known to go to any length to obtain it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Earthquakes are said to be what cracked the limestone coatings on the pyramids, and then the locals stole the limestone many years later to use for themselves. If humans can find a use for something, they've been known to go to any length to obtain it.
Them's some sharp and acute earthquakes.

This world has some extreme mysteries. It would really be cool to see some of them truly explained with facts. I just don't see it happening.

Therefore, religions, conspiracists, and science will never agree.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
We do— the Pyramids and all those "no way they built that stuff with primitive tools" objects.
Bones homie. I'm taking about bones. We have T Rex bones, triceratops bones, stegosaurus bones, Neanderthal bones, and fossils of those weird horse shoes crabs from 480 million years ago but we have nothing (bones) from these things? Just some shaped and stacked stones? I'm sorry. I'm not convinced.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Them's some sharp and acute earthquakes.

This world has some extreme mysteries. It would really be cool to see some of them truly explained with facts. I just don't see it happening.

Therefore, religions, conspiracists, and science will never agree.

Nor do I, not in my time anyway.

I have zero respect for organized religion and even less for most conspiracists, so this leaves me at the mercy of science, which is always evolving. New discoveries are made almost everyday thru science, but I'm afraid we may all have to wait a good long time for answers to questions on the meaning of life or a well cut 100 ton stone that's been around longer than anybody can remember.
jmo.

Q729

Legend
Y
Bones homie. I'm taking about bones. We have T Rex bones, triceratops bones, stegosaurus bones, Neanderthal bones, and fossils of those weird horse shoes crabs from 480 million years ago but we have nothing (bones) from these things? Just some shaped and stacked stones? I'm sorry. I'm not convinced.u
Bones homie. I'm taking about bones. We have T Rex bones, triceratops bones, stegosaurus bones, Neanderthal bones, and fossils of those weird horse shoes crabs from 480 million years ago but we have nothing (bones) from these things? Just some shaped and stacked stones? I'm sorry. I'm not convinced.
Lol. I told you. They blasted off to another star system. Or we misinterpreted dinosaur bones.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Y
Bones homie. I'm taking about bones. We have T Rex bones, triceratops bones, stegosaurus bones, Neanderthal bones, and fossils of those weird horse shoes crabs from 480 million years ago but we have nothing (bones) from these things? Just some shaped and stacked stones? I'm sorry. I'm not convinced.u

Lol. I told you. They blasted off to another star system. Or we misinterpreted dinosaur bones.
If they left the star system all the previous bones would still be here. Unless you're suggesting they did up every one of them who ever died (including before they developed real civilization) and took the bones with them.

Q729

Legend
If they left the star system all the previous bones would still be here. Unless you're suggesting they did up every one of them who ever died (including before they developed real civilization) and took the bones with them.
Lol took the bones with them. I'm not sure. Good questions though. It's fun speculating what might have happened. So many possibilities-- even some we can't even imagine; constrained by our present understanding of the universe.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
One theory about why the giant stones were used in the ancient megalithic buildings is that the ancients knew that they would be the only thing that could survive long enough to send a message to future civilizations.

There are a bunch of "messages" built into the Great Pyramid.

Our civilization today even has it's own message made for survivors of the collapse of our civilization built out of tons of carved granite. There's a cool mystery about it's creator but it was made out of stone because he knew it's the only thing that can survive the amount of time it needs to. Check it out... The Georgia Guide Stones.