looks like the Dodgers were robbed of back to back World Series

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Each and every player on that team knew WTF was going on, they should all be fined and suspended.
How about the effects on a guy like Yu Darvish? He had free agency looming and he certainly got a smaller contract directly due to this cheating.
I think there will be some serious outrage over this, these penalties announced should only be the beginning.
BTW, Altuve hit over .400 at home that series, but only .211 on the road. Think knowing what pitch is coming might help a great deal? I sure do.
Damn shame, I really was a fan of his, but no more. He's just a garden-variety cheater.
Great post

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was hoping for more but we’ll have to live with that.

Me too. The players should be hit with hefty funds and stripped of WS rings. of

Granted I am Sox fan and incredibly disappointed by all this....but let’s not lose sight of something. We lived through the steroid era and which pretty much every team had a player on their roster that did steroids....taking steroids is cheating.

I am sorry for any fans that feel like they got cheated, mostly by the Sox, don’t give 2 craps about the Astros.

But the outrage is laughable as it is likely your team at one point had steroid users on the roster...

I will leave now

Every team had steroid users. Two teams were recording signs. If every team or even a majority was doing the same then it would be laughable. Cora learned it/started the cheating while in Houston and brought it to Boston. The outrage is understandable when you consider this cheating got both teams into World Series. Other teams were cheated out of the opportunity directly due to the cheating. The Red Sox sucked in 2019 without the cheating. I doubt they win the League Championship if they hadn't been cheating in 2018.

Cora is a scumbag. Your Red Sox fandom is clearly clouding your viewpoint imo.

This is so much fucking worse than what Chris Correa did. And hell, it lends credence to his saying that Luhnow stole from our database.

Fuck the piece of elephant shit that is Jeff Luhnow.

did you read his quotes? ". I am not a cheater, everyone who knows me knows that I am not a cheater". LOL. If he didn't stop it then he's a cheater.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get it that it sucks and all but still, Altuve career stats:
Home: 621 games .364 OBP .464 Slg .828 OPS
Away: 622 games .363 OBP .462 Slg .825 OPS
Dude can just flat out rake.

Alas, Shoeless Joe has paid for his team’s sins so Altuve gets sort of the same fate

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Baseball has always been corrupt and full of cheating. Records are tainted and meaningless.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I get it that it sucks and all but still, Altuve career stats:
Home: 621 games .364 OBP .464 Slg .828 OPS
Away: 622 games .363 OBP .462 Slg .825 OPS
Dude can just flat out rake.

Alas, Shoeless Joe has paid for his team’s sins so Altuve gets sort of the same fate
I

While I agree that Altuve has been a great player, his homerun to clinch the ALCS was an unlikely scenario without knowing the pitch. Altuve is a line drive hitter. He tomahawked a high slider. It was an uncharacteristic swing. It didn't look right. The pitch was meant to be where he doesn't hit well. Yet he perfectly adjusted his swing to meet the pitch.

Aaron Judge removed his tweet congratulating Altuve on his MVP. I'm glad he did. Good or not Altuve was using the information just like every player on that team. That's a team full of first round picks and top international free agents, yet they still cheated. Altuve is scum like the rest of them. It's a shame players are getting off the hook.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Pete Rose was banned for betting on baseball games. His betting didn't affect the outcomes of games. If Pete deserved what he got for tainting the image of baseball, then Cora definitely deserves it. Ban him. I would have banned Hinch and Lunhow too.
I agree they should be banned. The Red Sox cheated after MLB put the word out to stop. I suspect their cheating extended back to '13 in some form.

The Rose ban is justified because games are easily thrown. Gamblers eventually start to lose and that is when those who want to bet on a certain outcome can get to the manager or player to throw a game.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Pete Rose was banned for betting on baseball games. His betting didn't affect the outcomes of games. If Pete deserved what he got for tainting the image of baseball, then Cora definitely deserves it. Ban him. I would have banned Hinch and Lunhow too.
Theoretically it didn't. But if you know you're betting on your team tomorrow or you didn't bet on them today are you going to put your best relievers in when you didn't bet? Are you more likely to give your stars a day off on days you didn't bet on them? That most certainly affects the outcome of games.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So Houston was proven to have cheated, big time fines and suspensions. So its fair to call them cheaters, right? So why does the buck stop there?
When does the fountain of youth in Houston that has resurrected the arms of Verlander, Morton, Mcullers etc get looked at?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I agree they should be banned. The Red Sox cheated after MLB put the word out to stop. I suspect their cheating extended back to '13 in some form.

The Rose ban is justified because games are easily thrown. Gamblers eventually start to lose and that is when those who want to bet on a certain outcome can get to the manager or player to throw a game.
Theoretically it didn't. But if you know you're betting on your team tomorrow or you didn't bet on them today are you going to put your best relievers in when you didn't bet? Are you more likely to give your stars a day off on days you didn't bet on them? That most certainly affects the outcome of games.

I thought that he didn’t bet on his own team

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So Houston was proven to have cheated, big time fines and suspensions. So its fair to call them cheaters, right? So why does the buck stop there?
When does the fountain of youth in Houston that has resurrected the arms of Verlander, Morton, Mcullers etc get looked at?

McCullers is a rookie. But yeah. They claim it’s analytics. It's hard to believe.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I thought that he didn’t bet on his own team

He didn't bet on them to lose. But as was stated, he didn't bet on them every day, and it affected his lineup decisions and bullpen usage. Plus made him open to blackmail by bookies - one of the reasons for the blanket ban on betting on MLB.