looks like the Dodgers were robbed of back to back World Series

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I agree extra draft picks is a piss poor punishment. However the measures you propose would never be agreed to by the MLB owners or the players union. You have made a good case for the tangential effects of cheating but it will likely have to remain a self policing issue between teams.

I know my suggestions are over the top and would never be put into affect. I was stressing my point is all. But, self policing? What is this, the NCAA? The punishment has to be real or this type of thing will continue. Coaches leave these cheating organizations and carry the cheating knowledge with them. It can't become the norm or the sport will be ruined.

Wow, very interesting indeed, check this out
Mookie Betts slash line at Fenway Park:
Career: .319ba/ .387 OB%/ .542 slugging/ .930 OPS
2018: .364ba/ .461 OB%/ .657 slugging/ 1.118 OPS
2019: .314ba/ .408 OB%/ .569 slugging/ .977 OPS

Furthermore, how about JD Martinez?
2018 .334ba/ .405 OB%/ .683 slugging/ 1.051 OPS
2019 .274ba/ .346 OB%/ .552 slugging/ .918 OPS

Yes Martinez is another good example. That entire team played way above their talent level in 2018. I thought it was hard to believe but just chalked it up to the energy of a new younger manager, who was driven by his Yankee hatred. Cora brought some energy to that team. Here the SOB was cheating the whole time.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
I know my suggestions are over the top and would never be put into affect. I was stressing my point is all. But, self policing? What is this, the NCAA? The punishment has to be real or this type of thing will continue. Coaches leave these cheating organizations and carry the cheating knowledge with them. It can't become the norm or the sport will be ruined.
Yes self policing. That is what MLB does. The anti-trust exemption is powerful. Unless the owners decide to do something severe as you suggest don't expect anything that removes ownership of team. Perhaps low hanging fruit will be banned or penalized but the biggest deterrent would be taking away the World Series trophy and the very real asterisk in the records book.

BTW I'm enjoying seeing that worm Luhnow twist in the wind. It wasn't enough for him to take the Cardinals proprietary system to the Astros while claiming sole credit. He also had to cheat.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I never expected the league to give to Championship to the Dodgers, but the Astos should still have to relinquish theirs.

5 mill and 2 draft picks? Teams would pay alot more than that to win a Championship.
The punishment should make the Championship unworthy.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Each and every player on that team knew WTF was going on, they should all be fined and suspended.
How about the effects on a guy like Yu Darvish? He had free agency looming and he certainly got a smaller contract directly due to this cheating.
I think there will be some serious outrage over this, these penalties announced should only be the beginning.
BTW, Altuve hit over .400 at home that series, but only .211 on the road. Think knowing what pitch is coming might help a great deal? I sure do.
Damn shame, I really was a fan of his, but no more. He's just a garden-variety cheater.

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
In addition to the punishments imposed by MLB, they affix an asterisk next to the Houston Astros World Series Champions 2017*.

Heck, Ford Frick attached it to Roger Maris' 61 HR record undersevedly so.

This time deservedly so!!

Last edited:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
But holy fuck
the Red Sox are gonna be next to have the ax fall — it’s not just the cheating Astros but the cheating Red Sox
So awesome that MLB doesn’t address those negatively affected like The DODGERS. Then what about other teams and their players — they need to be stripped of their titles otherwise this is all just bullshit. Like Poway said - just look at Altuve’s numbers for how this cost LA 2 World Championships!

Read this great tweet:
Dodgers scored 12 runs in Game 5 not cheating. Astros scored 13 stealing signs from the CF fence. Robbery!

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Granted I am Sox fan and incredibly disappointed by all this....but let’s not lose sight of something. We lived through the steroid era and which pretty much every team had a player on their roster that did steroids....taking steroids is cheating.

I am sorry for any fans that feel like they got cheated, mostly by the Sox, don’t give 2 craps about the Astros.

But the outrage is laughable as it is likely your team at one point had steroid users on the roster...

I will leave now

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
at the very least, remove the houston and boston as champs. to the teams, it is still worth it as they "won" the title in their sport. and obviously making sure it was legit is no longer a concern in this society as LSU had a football sponsor handing out money recently to recruits and even was fined ($800,000) i think ? but the payoff is that LSU is now the #1 team in the country with a chance at a TITLE. (sorry to go off tangent there).
until the punishment fits the crime, the crime will continue and the cheaters shall get what they want in a society trained to adore them. how quaint.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
maybe the dodgers should be given the draft choices from those two cheating franchises. better than nothing. its stories like this that keep me watching addams family reruns instead of live sporting events i think.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Granted I am Sox fan and incredibly disappointed by all this....but let’s not lose sight of something. We lived through the steroid era and which pretty much every team had a player on their roster that did steroids....taking steroids is cheating.

I am sorry for any fans that feel like they got cheated, mostly by the Sox, don’t give 2 craps about the Astros.

But the outrage is laughable as it is likely your team at one point had steroid users on the roster...

I will leave now

2CCE8650-69B9-40C7-A332-330786C142DD.jpeg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I will leave now
If other teams including my own cheated by using video or technology to steal signs my outrage goes matched for them too don't assume that it wouldn't. As for steroids it's well know that the vast majority of the league was cheating with them and it's laughable by MLB that some known cheaters are in the HOF and some aren't (side note some people with voting for this should have their votes removed but that's another story).

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
This is so much fucking worse than what Chris Correa did. And hell, it lends credence to his saying that Luhnow stole from our database.

Fuck the piece of elephant shit that is Jeff Luhnow.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
I would be okay with the punishment if they had to relinquish the World Series Win as well.

Make it a non World Series year just like 1994.
In addition to the punishments imposed by MLB, they affix an asterisk next to the Houston Astros World Series Champions 2017*.

Heck, Ford Frick attached it to Roger Maris' 61 HR record undersevedly so.

This time deservedly so!!
Asterisk and shouldn't get to keep the trophy. Shouldn't get to mention it ever. I hope players of playoff teams the Astros cheated file a class action suit against the club and the players that cheated.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
This is so much fucking worse than what Chris Correa did. And hell, it lends credence to his saying that Luhnow stole from our database.

Fuck the piece of elephant shit that is Jeff Luhnow.
Luhnow taking the Cardinals proprietary system to the Astros then taking credit for it is what pissed off and motivated Correa to hack their database. Luhnow should get the Pete Rose treatment.