LOL Jets fire GM

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
he Lakers, until this recent stretch, had only missed the playoffs 9 times dating back to 1948. That's an amazing accomplishment.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

In MIA they are glad he's gone. Lots of Dolphins fans here and he is widely hated.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even worse, it pretty clearly belongs to the Yankees - 27 World Series, plus 13 other pennants.
The Yankees haven’t had a losing season since 1992
And have had only 6 losing seasons in the last 50 years

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Who the hell is Gase what has he done - nothing for Miami now the Jets are letting him run the team until a new GM is installed. Explain his pov to their new star RB and MLB if I were both of them I would be super pissed. The old GM all his previous first round picks minus Lee were homeruns I'm now Gase is going to running the team.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Jets suddenly look like a mess.

WTH

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Jets and Cardinals are surely paving a new path.
Hire a HC who was a failure in his last stop and was fired, and then let him tear down the team.
This ought to be interesting.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Flying by the seat of their pants.

J.... E.... T.... S.... "What The Fuck!"

Kevin

Pro Bowler
'MeMbEr WhEn EvErYoNe WaS bLaStIn ThE sTeElErS fOr NoT sIgNiNg Le'VeOn BeLl?

Looks like the Steelers remained true to how they operate historically and got the last laugh.
The Steelers did stay true to how they operate but they might not be laughing this season if their draft picks don't contribute and Connor has lingering issues after his leg injury.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Steelers did stay true to how they operate but they might not be laughing this season if their draft picks don't contribute and Connor has lingering issues after his leg injury.
Which is just one of the what if’s that all 32 teams have. Some teams have multiple what if’s.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame

Hey! That’s not fair. NY gets the most incompetent Mayor AND most incompetent football coach/GM??!
-Cleveland factory of sadness

Jets resume looking like a mess.

WTH
fixed it, CGI. (y)

Flying by the seat of their pants.

J.... E.... T.... S.... "What The freak!"
I see what you did there. Jets. Flying. Seat of pants. Kind of an aeronautical butt fumble?

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ious-consideration-for-jets-front-office-job/

NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah reportedly under serious consideration for Jets front-office job

Mike Mayock went from the NFL Network's lead draft analyst to Raidersgeneral manager on New Year's Eve, a day after the Raiders and coach Jon Gruden put the finishing touches on a 4-12 season. Five months later, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Mayock's successor at the network, Daniel Jeremiah, could be in the running for a position in the Jets front office.

View: https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1128705828867977218?s=21

The Jets fired general manager Mike Maccagnan on Wednesday.

CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora thinks Eagles vice president of player personnel Joe Douglas could be high on the list of candidates to succeed Maccagnan.

View: https://twitter.com/jasonlacanfora/status/1128686629605056515?s=21

This is noteworthy because Douglas and Jeremiah are close friends. "A potential package deal for the Jets," Schefter tweeted.

Jeremiah, 41, was a scout for the Ravens, Browns and Eagles before joining NFL Network in 2012. Part of the reason he left the NFL for television was because he was working all the time. Jeremiah broke into the league as a personnel assistant for the Ravens, a job previously held by Douglas.

"Those two years in the office were probably the toughest two years for our family, just because my wife, we lived two minutes away from the facility, and I never saw her," Jeremiah told The Athletic's Sheil Kapadia last month. "So that was a hard, hard, hard time. Especially with two little kids. She's away from her family. And I'm not really around. So that was a hard, stressful period."

This also isn't the first time an NFL team has been interested in luring Jeremiah back into the fold. Kapadia reports that teams have already called but adds that "he can afford to be picky."

Longtime family friend Chris Mortensen, who has been at ESPN since 1991, told Kapadia, "[Jeremiah] had an opportunity to be a head of a personnel department at two different NFL franchises. With one of them, they probably would've promoted him to general manager within a year. And he thought about it, but he decided to just stay put and trust God as we like to say."

Jeremiah, who now has four children, has said that he wouldn't close the door on returning to the league but it sure sounds like he loves his current set up.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Something is up there, Magic walked out so it cannot be good. He spent a lot of time recruiting LeBron James

Love the Lakers, but until a new owner is found or Jeanie has an epiphany, they are doomed. I thought Jim Buss (always wearing a hat because he's bald, take it off Jim, we know you're bald) was bad, but Jeanie with her partner in crime Linda Rambis are the worst things to happen to Tinseltown since Ed Wood!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Love the Lakers, but until a new owner is found or Jeanie has an epiphany, they are doomed. I thought Jim Buss (always wearing a hat because he's bald, take it off Jim, we know you're bald) was bad, but Jeanie with her partner in crime Linda Rambis are the worst things to happen to Tinseltown since Ed Wood!

I agree, nice person but not capable of doing the job.

The Lakers need a GM that can handle the position while she takes a back seat. Or sells the team. But I don't care if she keeps it, just get a competent person in place, and Magic wasn't that guy. This is a more than full time job and I think he figured out he couldn't devote the time to it with all of the other businesses he is involved with. I was wondering how he was going to manage it all and now I know.

They need someone aggressive that will finish the roster off while they have LeBron. Otherwise they wasted the effort and money to get him. And I'm sure they promised they would do just that so if they don't he will start raising a stink.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
'MeMbEr WhEn EvErYoNe WaS bLaStIn ThE sTeElErS fOr NoT sIgNiNg Le'VeOn BeLl?

Looks like the Steelers remained true to how they operate historically and got the last laugh.

Well, Le'Veon Bell still got his contract, so I am going to have to say no.

I don't think Maccagnan is a good GM, but letting Gase basically have that power is stupid. He's not a coach who has any business being anywhere near personnel decisions.

dang

Legend
I don't know much about Gase but he appears to be against the ropes, taking some pretty solid punches and praying for the Bell to save him!!

Last edited: