Logan Bruss, OG Pick #104 - 3rd Round

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I have no way of knowing this other from very far away in the free state of Florida but I can predict there will be a very big battle between Tremayne Anchrum who entering his 3rd TC & the newly arriving rookie Logan Bruss for the starting RG post.

Both TA & LB have played primarily RT in their college careers but LB has started @ RG six times & TE three times in his first 3 seasons out of four @ Wisconsin. This indicates very good versatility. This may end up being one of the better 3rd rd selections for Snead may be better than even Noteboom.

TA was a full-time RT with 37 starts with a Clemson team record of 2,516 career snaps played as permanent team captain, with two National Championship Games. Poor guy was raised with 3 sisters here in the deep south near me I bet he had to pee off the back porch a ton! TA was a starting OG in HS. He has the usual height for an NFL center being under 6-2 inches tall He has the overall arm length greater than most starting LT's in the NFL. TA has a very odd makeup for an OL'er. Large big 10 inch hands that would come in convenient in those close-in trench fights. BY now you might be thinking I am counting on TA to break out big in this Ram OL'er this season & you will be right.

Certainly would not bother me if the Rams big 3 Ram starting OG's in 2022 season end up being Edwards / Anchrum & Bruss!
I like that take. What I think I'd like to see (on occasion) is TA at guard and LB as the sixth lineman who has experience catching the football and running the occasional route. In short, I'd like more diversity in the running game.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like that take. What I think I'd like to see (on occasion) is TA at guard and LB as the sixth lineman who has experience catching the football and running the occasional route. In short, I'd like more diversity in the running game.
I'm sorry, but what I'd like to see is Logan - who mainly played OT in college - play only guard in the pros, so he can pick up the intricacies. Let's not ask too much of him initially.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I have no way of knowing this other from very far away in the free state of Florida but I can predict there will be a very big battle between Tremayne Anchrum who entering his 3rd TC & the newly arriving rookie Logan Bruss for the starting RG post.

Both TA & LB have played primarily RT in their college careers but LB has started @ RG six times & TE three times in his first 3 seasons out of four @ Wisconsin. This indicates very good versatility. This may end up being one of the better 3rd rd selections for Snead may be better than even Noteboom.

TA was a full-time RT with 37 starts with a Clemson team record of 2,516 career snaps played as permanent team captain, with two National Championship Games. Poor guy was raised with 3 sisters here in the deep south near me I bet he had to pee off the back porch a ton! TA was a starting OG in HS. He has the usual height for an NFL center being under 6-2 inches tall He has the overall arm length greater than most starting LT's in the NFL. TA has a very odd makeup for an OL'er. Large big 10 inch hands that would come in convenient in those close-in trench fights. BY now you might be thinking I am counting on TA to break out big in this Ram OL'er this season & you will be right.

Certainly would not bother me if the Rams big 3 Ram starting OG's in 2022 season end up being Edwards / Anchrum & Bruss!
Agree, people are writing off Anchrum, but like Allen, he has been in the system for 3 yrs now... He has a great background as you said, former RT at Clemson, but built for inside. He will be good competition for Bruss and could easily start the season.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Agree, people are writing off Anchrum, but like Allen, he has been in the system for 3 yrs now... He has a great background as you said, former RT at Clemson, but built for inside. He will be good competition for Bruss and could easily start the season.

JMO, but I believe Bruss wins the RG job early and Anchrum/Shelton will be competing to start at LG next year after Edwards moves on in free agency.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Allen was a starter much earlier in his career than Anchrum & Anchrum did not impress at all last preseason.
The urgency to get Bruss says a lot to me about how they perceive what is in house.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Allen was a starter much earlier in his career than Anchrum & Anchrum did not impress at all last preseason.
The urgency to get Bruss says a lot to me about how they perceive what is in house.
Well, he got hurt in preseason and tough to judge a linemen who is playing with guys who won't make the team.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Well, he got hurt in preseason and tough to judge a linemen who is playing with guys who won't make the team.
I’m just judging what I saw, looking at how he was handled as far as the roster goes. He didn’t play in a game and they made guard their top priority in the draft. Contrast that with their approach last year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah if Bruss doesn't win the job immediately it means they effed up the pick. McVay said they needed a starter which means they don't see any of their depth types capable of playing at the required level and they have been right every time re: the OL under McVay.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I’m just judging what I saw, looking at how he was handled as far as the roster goes. He didn’t play in a game and they made guard their top priority in the draft. Contrast that with their approach last year.
You mean when all the talk was about Corbett moving to center?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Well I’d say the depth is that much better now than when Brian Allen came up. Anchrum was a 7th rd pick
Vs Allen being a 3rd rd pick who maybe even The Rams traded up for?
As I recall was not a Fan.
Lost a Rod beat because Anchrum was part of a trade in which The Rams used to draft him with 1 of 3 7th rd picks. The reason why he was drafted was his talent for such a mature young player.
If you compare the 2 players yes it’s night & day in players.Brian Allen is a Center.Bonifay’d wants to say different & he was right from OTA’s last season 2021 where he was the 2nd string RG. IMO I was upset all around at a lot of things.Was ALWAYS against Austin Corbett playing center.Thought it was DUMB,& then not the biggest fan of Coleman Shelton.
Now since going to OTA’s I became a Brian Allen fan in the sense of what was best for The Rams.IMO Allen & Shelton make up for a nice Center group.Shelton has proven himself as a solid veteran swing C/G & Allen as a center. Both are resigned & fill that Austin Blythe Brian Allen thing that should have happened.
In 2019 Mcvay screwed up Big-Time by not address 2 open Guard spots & giving Brian Allen a starting spot.Now if BRUSS doesn’t play in the preseason I’ll be upset.IMO he has to earn the spot & get NFL experience IMO. I’ll continue————

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Tre Anchrum is a very young player who is now coming to age.Last Preseason he was a starting RT going against Denver & Von Miller.That experience made him feel like he made it in The NFL going against the best DE/OLB in the NFL.
Anchrum is only 23 years old & going into his 3rd season.He is an undersized Tackle.It’s hard to say how good he is as a guard?
It’s obvious The Rams have a starting RG spot to fill.Who that player is is still to be determined,but Bruss fits what The Rams we’re looking for & believe he can fill that position.
—I don’t doubt The Rams & there believe in scouting & developing players.There was a lot of extra work scouting Guards in 2022 than most positions I’m sure.To have a player like Bruss on the draft board late was a surprise.If he got away it would have been well documented on there thoughts about the young Guard.
The FACT is Bobby Evans,ColeMan SHelton,Or Anchrum aren’t Fighting for that Starting Right Guard position there crazy!!! Bruss does not come in without a FIGHT!! If not everyone is SOFT!!! IMO it will be a Fun little battle that Bruss should win in the long run. I’d even add Brewer in the mix as well who has a chance to prove himself.

The 3rd string Center spot should be interesting as well ?