Logan Bruss, OG Pick #104 - 3rd Round

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Bruss was a finalist for the 2016 Joe Thomas Award, given to the top high school offensive lineman in Wisconsin. He started six games (three at right tackle, three as a blocking tight end) as a redshirt freshman in 2018. Bruss switched positions during 2019 (12 starts at right tackle, one at right guard) and in 2020 (one at right tackle, five at right guard), when he was named third-team All-Big Ten. He was a second-team all-league selection in 2021, starting nine games at right tackle. Bruss missed three games due to neck and shoulder injuries during the season and opted out the team's bowl game to get healthy for the NFL draft. -- by Chad Reuter

oldnotdead

Legend
Oh yeah they stuck to the plan. RG to shore up the run attack. He's a rookie starter at RG. It's why I've always looked at Shelton as probably starting at LG. Edwards was a marginal starter and they need an upgrade at LG. They didn't give Shelton a 2 year prove-it deal to be a backup.

Bruss IMO can be better than Corbett. He needs work on his pass protection technique, but has the mobility they want in the run game. I like this pick.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Interesting that that psssd on other higher rated OGs. Including Kinnard. I hope they are right this time because we really need an OG stud

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great Pick competition at RG
Could also in McVay fashion sit for a year and take over LG next year if we don't resign Edwards. Either way a pick that makes sense. I would have loved Bryant or Otten but this pick makes a ton of sense.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I like that he's played RG. Hopefully he can get up to speed quickly and own that position for next couple of years

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Interesting that that psssd on other higher rated OGs. Including Kinnard. I hope they are right this time because we really need an OG stud
I'm gonna trust Liam for passing on an OL he knows well.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Fantastic pick. I love the potential upside to Bruss. While I'm disappointed we didn't get Otton, I'm perfectly fine with the guard from Wisconsin, and I had a feeling he could be the pick because of Havenstein and Edwards being from the same school.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Fantastic pick. I love the potential upside to Bruss. While I'm disappointed we didn't get Otton, I'm perfectly fine with the guard from Wisconsin, and I had a feeling he could be the pick because of Havenstein and Edwards being from the same school.
Reminds me of a Fisher pick. Bruss is a refrigerator on wheels.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Very happy with this pick. It's not sexy, but it's the kind of pick that nets tangible results.

1 sack in 3 years and none in the past two years including playing RT and RG in the Big 12 and playing against guys like Aiden Hutchinson... yeah, this guy is sneaky good and he's a bulldozer in the run game while also being a guard who can pull as well as anchor and drive.

There's a reason McVay looked excited and I get it.

dang

Legend
Different analysts assign different grades. You need to look at 5 different ones to get a consensus (vs relying on one source).