List the UDFA you believe who is most likely to make the 53-man roster.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Do you think we tried to trade up to 95, 96, 97, 98 to get Payton Wilson once he started dropping? Picking him up would have solved all these "problems" we've had finding a 2nd LB.

I think now that we have solidified most areas of the roster, we can finally next year draft a 2nd LB and make the defense that much better.
Wilson was that player I wanted. There were a couple other afterward The Rams passed on ,but nothing like him.The Steelers got a steal. Shula trust this LBer group though.

It will be something to watch if who comes away with the starting job.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don't want to have doubts.... I'd rather not even be thinking about the ILB that lines up opposite EJ. But here we are.....again. It's just very frustrating to know that the season where the Rams kept 2 ILBs on the field longer than we do now, we had the #1 defense in the NFL. What makes it even more frustrating is that during that season where we ended with the #1 Defense in the NFL, our starting ILBs were Kenny Young, and Micah Kiser..... then an undrafted Troy Reeder when Kiser got hurt. Not exactly 3 great ILBs...but solid players in a solid scheme. Look.... I understand the diminished value of ILBs...but I just believe we've gone too far. I'd feel better about Rozenboom if I could actually point to some on-the-field, non-special teams play that actually earned him his spot. But we shouldn't forget when we initially cut Rozenboom, he was only a special teams guy.....we brought him back from the Kansas City Chiefs PRACTICE SQUAD to add depth due to injuries. Again, brought back from a PRACTICE SQUAD to add depth due to injuries. We didn't bring him back because of anything he had done in a real football game. We drafted EJ....we traded Kenny Young...Kiser never really came back from his injury.... We won a Super Bowl with Reeder and EJ... We let Reeder walk...and who do we bring in to fill his spot....NOBODY. We elevate Rozenboom to a starting spot...based on NOTHING that happened in a game that counts with him playing ILB.

I'm not making up out of thin air a scenario I'd like the Rams to follow.... I just wish we stuck with the same plan that has worked previously.... Corey Littleton was on the practice squad, made plays on special teams, got a chance and showed he was a worthy starter leading us to an NFC title.... Kiser was developed, got his chance, and made plays in games starting at ILB....I believe he got defensive player of the week the first game he started in the NFL. Troy Reeder was undrafted, made plays....made plays in games as a rookie, earned his spot, and won a super bowl with us. Travin Howard...drafted, developed...made plays on the field, earned a starting spot but never got to take advantage of it because he got hurt in training camp before the season started. But again, Travin made plays in NFL games even before his INT in the NFC title game.

We've had a formula that's worked...that's what I would prefer we would have stuck with. Last years group of UDFAs ...in my opinion had the potential to develop the same way Kiser, Littleton, and Reeder did. Ryan Smenda, DeAndre Square, Kelechi Anyalebechi, Jaiden Woodbey.... there was some talent in that group that to me would have been worth stashing on the practice squad. But not only did Rozenboom get to sit out the preseason....again, after being given a starting job without doing ANYTHING in a real game as an ILB.... we didn't keep any of those young ILBs on the practice squad.

I just don't see what Rozenboom brought to the table where we should have avoided the strategy that worked for us in the past.

bottom line is even if Rozenboom improved during the season, he was our worst defensive starter according to PFF grades. That shouldn't surprise anyone who watched the games last year. If EJ goes down...we are screwed. Not only do we need a solid player to play next to him, we'd need a decent replacement if he got hurt, and currently we don't have that. Hummel has flashed a bit, Reeder is back again....but my real hope is that Olakunle Fatukasi, Omar Speights, or Elias Neal show enough to at least stick around on the practice squad to get the type of development Littleton, Kiser and Reeder got.

Well Q. Lake could be that Mark Barron type. The INT Rosenboom had really bosted his confidence.So I think your wrong about Christian maybe being improved as well.
I see a lot of Dime packages that will be in place.

Tano

Legend
I don't want to have doubts.... I'd rather not even be thinking about the ILB that lines up opposite EJ. But here we are.....again. It's just very frustrating to know that the season where the Rams kept 2 ILBs on the field longer than we do now, we had the #1 defense in the NFL. What makes it even more frustrating is that during that season where we ended with the #1 Defense in the NFL, our starting ILBs were Kenny Young, and Micah Kiser..... then an undrafted Troy Reeder when Kiser got hurt. Not exactly 3 great ILBs...but solid players in a solid scheme. Look.... I understand the diminished value of ILBs...but I just believe we've gone too far. I'd feel better about Rozenboom if I could actually point to some on-the-field, non-special teams play that actually earned him his spot. But we shouldn't forget when we initially cut Rozenboom, he was only a special teams guy.....we brought him back from the Kansas City Chiefs PRACTICE SQUAD to add depth due to injuries. Again, brought back from a PRACTICE SQUAD to add depth due to injuries. We didn't bring him back because of anything he had done in a real football game. We drafted EJ....we traded Kenny Young...Kiser never really came back from his injury.... We won a Super Bowl with Reeder and EJ... We let Reeder walk...and who do we bring in to fill his spot....NOBODY. We elevate Rozenboom to a starting spot...based on NOTHING that happened in a game that counts with him playing ILB.

I'm not making up out of thin air a scenario I'd like the Rams to follow.... I just wish we stuck with the same plan that has worked previously.... Corey Littleton was on the practice squad, made plays on special teams, got a chance and showed he was a worthy starter leading us to an NFC title.... Kiser was developed, got his chance, and made plays in games starting at ILB....I believe he got defensive player of the week the first game he started in the NFL. Troy Reeder was undrafted, made plays....made plays in games as a rookie, earned his spot, and won a super bowl with us. Travin Howard...drafted, developed...made plays on the field, earned a starting spot but never got to take advantage of it because he got hurt in training camp before the season started. But again, Travin made plays in NFL games even before his INT in the NFC title game.

We've had a formula that's worked...that's what I would prefer we would have stuck with. Last years group of UDFAs ...in my opinion had the potential to develop the same way Kiser, Littleton, and Reeder did. Ryan Smenda, DeAndre Square, Kelechi Anyalebechi, Jaiden Woodbey.... there was some talent in that group that to me would have been worth stashing on the practice squad. But not only did Rozenboom get to sit out the preseason....again, after being given a starting job without doing ANYTHING in a real game as an ILB.... we didn't keep any of those young ILBs on the practice squad.

I just don't see what Rozenboom brought to the table where we should have avoided the strategy that worked for us in the past.

bottom line is even if Rozenboom improved during the season, he was our worst defensive starter according to PFF grades. That shouldn't surprise anyone who watched the games last year. If EJ goes down...we are screwed. Not only do we need a solid player to play next to him, we'd need a decent replacement if he got hurt, and currently we don't have that. Hummel has flashed a bit, Reeder is back again....but my real hope is that Olakunle Fatukasi, Omar Speights, or Elias Neal show enough to at least stick around on the practice squad to get the type of development Littleton, Kiser and Reeder got.
Couldn't have said it better

This is my main worry about this season

If EJ goes down, we are probably screwed

I will repeat myself. That game with Reeder and Rozeboom starting was a complete utter nightmare on defense.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Couldn't have said it better

This is my main worry about this season

If EJ goes down, we are probably screwed

I will repeat myself. That game with Reeder and Rozeboom starting was a complete utter nightmare on defense.

I know I'm on an island with this, but I probably liked Reeder more than most people. Again, because of moments in actual games where he stepped up and made plays. Reeder played a lot during the Super bowl season, and the covid season where we had the best defense. Obviously if EJ went down, Reeder would be in his spot...and his experience would make it workable. As I mentioned, I just think we should develop one of the young guys.....even if its on the practice squad ... We've done it before.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Well Q. Lake could be that Mark Barron type. The INT Rosenboom had really bosted his confidence.So I think your wrong about Christian maybe being improved as well.
I see a lot of Dime packages that will be in place.
Well... I do believe drafting Kichens shows we are going safety heavy in nickel and dime.....with 4 safeties being used in Dime.

But let's hope we don't use Lake like Barron. Although unlike Rapp, Q is actually a great pass defender....over use of him in the box....like with Barron...we'll get ran over. Barron wasn't a real ILB... having him at ILB in our base defense was not an optimal thing.

We need real ILBs ....stout.... and after Barron left, and we did have 2 stout ILBs...we had the best Defense in the NFL, even with 2 fairly average ILBs...

that was also with AD up front..and now with him gone, to me it's even more important we get solid at ILB with AD gone.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I know I'm on an island with this, but I probably liked Reeder more than most people. Again, because of moments in actual games where he stepped up and made plays. Reeder played a lot during the Super bowl season, and the covid season where we had the best defense. Obviously if EJ went down, Reeder would be in his spot...and his experience would make it workable. As I mentioned, I just think we should develop one of the young guys.....even if its on the practice squad ... We've done it before.
Confused Kevin James GIF by TV Land

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Do you think we tried to trade up to 95, 96, 97, 98 to get Payton Wilson once he started dropping? Picking him up would have solved all these "problems" we've had finding a 2nd LB.

I think now that we have solidified most areas of the roster, we can finally next year draft a 2nd LB and make the defense that much better.
I doubt they tried .... Over the last 6 to 7 seasons they have said through their actions that they don't value the ILB spot. They don't pay the position (except for signing Bobby Wagner) and almost never draft one higher than the 4th round

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This was not a good class for ilbs. The Rams picked better players at other positions.

There are a few experienced ILBs on the market. I hope they sign one. That or someone behind Rozeboom shows enough to surpass him and Reeder.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This was not a good class for ilbs. The Rams picked better players at other positions.

There are a few experienced ILBs on the market. I hope they sign one. That or someone behind Rozeboom shows enough to surpass him and Reeder.
I absolutely believe that the Rams will be looking at the post June 1st cuts pretty thoroughly for a Linebacker. They have done such a good job getting depth pretty much everywhere else, that it would be almost criminal to go into the season with Ernest Jones and a bunch of jags.

Even if they are thinking that they are only going to have one inside Linebacker most of the time, that means that if Jones goes down we are absolutely screwed for the second level of the defense, especially against the run.

dang

Legend
I absolutely believe that the Rams will be looking at the post June 1st cuts pretty thoroughly for a Linebacker. They have done such a good job getting depth pretty much everywhere else, that it would be almost criminal to go into the season with Ernest Jones and a bunch of jags.

Even if they are thinking that they are only going to have one inside Linebacker most of the time, that means that if Jones goes down we are absolutely screwed for the second level of the defense, especially against the run.
I’m going to beat the dead horse and say if Rozeboom and Reeder are the ILB depth on the 53 man roster - the Rams defense has an Obvious Achilles heel.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IMO, this does not happen as often as people post about it. When is the last time the Rams added a post June 1st cut? Does not happen as often as it used to plus the Rams really don't value the ILB position. They brought back Troy Reeder, which I am against and hope they like Omar Speights better because I actually think Speights offers the coverage ability that Rozeboom, Hummel & Reeder do not offer, but I also believe Reeder was brought back because he can call the defense if something happens to Jones, however, Reeder just does not offer enough on the field IMHO.,

Memphis Ram

Legend
I hope it's CB Cameron McCutcheon from last year's UDFA class.

Otherwise, Kendrick is the only big CB on the current roster.:thinking: