Latest cap space

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And the White signing just about wraps the cap. Creative formulations needed now to add anybody else I’d guess. Deal those cards Snead, off the bottom if needed. :sunglasses:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
And the White signing just about wraps the cap. Creative formulations needed now to add anybody else I’d guess. Deal those cards Snead, off the bottom if needed. :sunglasses:
White likley has a void yr, so his $8.5 could be spread out over a void yr or two.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
White likley has a void yr, so his $8.5 could be spread out over a void yr or two.
Thanks, didn’t think of the void year. That’s probably true then because you wouldn’t want no cap come cut time.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It’s “the fluid season”… Every team dances around the cap until the deadline, much later than now.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Another thing that has to be considered is right now it's top 51. When the season starts it's 53 that are counted so that's another roughly $2 million of current cap space that we won't have after camp.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With everyone now accounted for except TWhite, we are at $14.3M. Less the draft pool difference (adding and subtracting the rookie salaries for the top 51 players) of $3.8M leaves us at $10.5M, less whatever we pay for TWhite. Then, after June 1st, we can also add $1.2M when Donald's retirement becomes official. (All according to overthecap.com)

What I'm trying to say is, I don't think we could rule out one more move, especially depending upon how much of TWhite's salary may be moved forward into a void year. Calais Campbell, come on down!

20hrswk

UDFA
With everyone now accounted for except TWhite, we are at $14.3M. Less the draft pool difference (adding and subtracting the rookie salaries for the top 51 players) of $3.8M leaves us at $10.5M, less whatever we pay for TWhite. Then, after June 1st, we can also add $1.2M when Donald's retirement becomes official. (All according to overthecap.com)

What I'm trying to say is, I don't think we could rule out one more move, especially depending upon how much of TWhite's salary may be moved forward into a void year. Calais Campbell, come on down!
Van Noy is not the perfect answer, but he was the 20th rated pass rusher out of 112 graded by PFF in 2023.
Ahead of Burns, C. Young, Reddick, Greenard, Sweat, Uche, Floyd, Hoecht, B. Young, Anderson Jr, Gary and about the same as Hunter & Clowney.

PFF says his contract should be 3mil for one year.
He would be a good vet add and we can afford 3mil.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well using hindsight it's clear they looked at this edge FA group and said "let's fix the OL instead and draft edge." Drawback is everyone knows that's what they want, so if one is there at 18 there's a chance someone jumps in front of them. Snead mentioned that of course they have discussed moves up and down, so I'd imagine if an edge they love gets close to them a trade up is possible due to that effect. And if not then a move down makes sense because they can fill DT or Corner, maybe even a surprise like ILB or S or one of those wideouts, and have that extra pick to fill their needs.

I just hope if they move down it'll be within round 1. But if they go lower then we'll get a round 2 pick so I suppose either way works.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like White's contract only counts for $3,485,294 against the cap this year according to overthecap.com. That leaves us with $11,546,513 for our top 51 contracts going into the draft.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Well using hindsight it's clear they looked at this edge FA group and said "let's fix the OL instead and draft edge." Drawback is everyone knows that's what they want, so if one is there at 18 there's a chance someone jumps in front of them. Snead mentioned that of course they have discussed moves up and down, so I'd imagine if an edge they love gets close to them a trade up is possible due to that effect. And if not then a move down makes sense because they can fill DT or Corner, maybe even a surprise like ILB or S or one of those wideouts, and have that extra pick to fill their needs.

I just hope if they move down it'll be within round 1. But if they go lower then we'll get a round 2 pick so I suppose either way works.
This might be as unpredictable a pick as they have had when drafting in the first rd. I know it's been a long time and hard to remember a draft when they had a 1st, but this yr they can trade up, trade down, sit and take a dynamic WR, a top Edge, one of the top 2 DT's, and maybe even a CB. Then of course a potential shocker and taking a QB. And you can make a good argument for just about anyone of those scenarios.

It will be an interesting night.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We've all discussed the multitude of players the Rams could draft and the trades up or down they may make, but my hope is that they stay where they are and draft the best player available and according to their needs. That would be Edge, D-Tackle, or Corner. I believe there will be at least a star or two right there at #19 and I hope they get it right. Trading down might get them an extra pick but I am afraid they will lose out on someone special at #19. I know they found tremendous talent outside of round 1 last year but how many teams can do that consistently. I want another stud on defense and I truly believe one will be there at #19.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...

In other words, bring on that sly veteran cap cut!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This might be as unpredictable a pick as they have had when drafting in the first rd. I know it's been a long time and hard to remember a draft when they had a 1st, but this yr they can trade up, trade down, sit and take a dynamic WR, a top Edge, one of the top 2 DT's, and maybe even a CB. Then of course a potential shocker and taking a QB. And you can make a good argument for just about anyone of those scenarios.

It will be an interesting night.
Yeah this is an advantage of having a lot of needs. I think they outperformed their roster quality last season. So there's a significant variety of needs, any of which could potentially end up being the pick. This means as it pertains to sitting there at 19 and taking the best player on your board, just in terms of hitting on the pick, it becomes a bit of a strength.

I expect a team will move up in front of us for one of those needs. Maybe a wideout, edge, left tackle, defensive lineman, corner, etc., etc. Because looking at the mocks it feels like they are in a very good spot for their need positions, so the odds of that occurring increase. It feels likely to me that there will be a lot of QBs going off the board and there will be a player the Rams have ranked high on their board sitting there. Fun part is trying to anticipate their desires and who that will be.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I think we are on the outside looking in when it comes to projected elite talent. 4 Qbs. 1 TE. 3 WRs. 2 OTs. 2-3 Edge. 3-4 Corners. So that’s 15 to 17 players and we are at 19. So i dont think we pick at 19 and since we dont have enough roster spots for the number of draft picks we have I expect a trade up or a trade back and then lots of movement in later rounds to for example get a better second round pick…

I dont know what to make of the DT class but I guess thats what we are looking at if we stay put.

This draft needs to happen already!

muggmeister

Rookie
I think we are on the outside looking in when it comes to projected elite talent. 4 Qbs. 1 TE. 3 WRs. 2 OTs. 2-3 Edge. 3-4 Corners. So that’s 15 to 17 players and we are at 19. So i dont think we pick at 19 and since we dont have enough roster spots for the number of draft picks we have I expect a trade up or a trade back and then lots of movement in later rounds to for example get a better second round pick…

I dont know what to make of the DT class but I guess thats what we are looking at if we stay put.

This draft needs to happen already!
You may just criticized here for making sense...lol. Tend to agree with your thinking however, but every single draft 2 to 3 perceived top players slide in the first. Just stay patient and if someone falls, especially in a position of need I'm sure McSnead will act accordingly, at least I hope they do.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
White's contract tells me drafting a CB high is not off the table.
This is what my position has been all along. His signing doesn’t change things at all, especially when nobody knows when he’s gonna come back and what ability he’s gonna have left.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
This is what my position has been all along. His signing doesn’t change things at all, especially when nobody knows when he’s gonna come back and what ability he’s gonna have left.
Are you talking about TE?