Latest cap space

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The other thought I have on cap space ...

Currently (according to overthecap.com), we have $20,760,851 in cap space, not including the contract numbers for Jimmy G, KCurl, Rozeboom and Murchison.

Let's say Jimmy G and Curl are both about $4.5M against the cap for this season, Rozeboom is $1.5M and Murch is $3M. That leaves us at $7.26M. Draft picks should take almost $12M, but are replacing those players at the bottom of the 51-man accounting for the team, so would actually mean an increase of maybe $3-4M. Let's go with $4M to be conservative.

This would leave us with $3.25M to spend, plus the $1.2M after June 1st when the Donald retirement hits the books. So, let's say $4.5M. It could jump by up to $2.8M more if we trade/release Tutu and Hunter Long, bringing it to $8.3M max. The only way we have more than that is through restructures - looking at you Matt Stafford (up to $19,860,000 can be made available through restructuring his contract).

What does all this mean? It likely means that we will be waiting until the June 1st cuts before bringing anyone else significant on board, and even then the level of significance isn't high unless there is some movement via restructure.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good God, I hope not. I'm thinking more like a shade over the veteran minimum.

Guess we will see.
I'm hoping for the same, but trying to be conservative in the amount of cash we may have. An extra 1.5M could potentially go a long way.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The other thought I have on cap space ...

Currently (according to overthecap.com), we have $20,760,851 in cap space, not including the contract numbers for Jimmy G, KCurl, Rozeboom and Murchison.

Let's say Jimmy G and Curl are both about $4.5M against the cap for this season, Rozeboom is $1.5M and Murch is $3M. That leaves us at $7.26M. Draft picks should take almost $12M, but are replacing those players at the bottom of the 51-man accounting for the team, so would actually mean an increase of maybe $3-4M. Let's go with $4M to be conservative.

This would leave us with $3.25M to spend, plus the $1.2M after June 1st when the Donald retirement hits the books. So, let's say $4.5M. It could jump by up to $2.8M more if we trade/release Tutu and Hunter Long, bringing it to $8.3M max. The only way we have more than that is through restructures - looking at you Matt Stafford (up to $19,860,000 can be made available through restructuring his contract).

What does all this mean? It likely means that we will be waiting until the June 1st cuts before bringing anyone else significant on board, and even then the level of significance isn't high unless there is some movement via restructure.
Draft picks won't be a net cap hit of $12 million. They'll replace people already accounting for cap hits of lets say $850k each for a total of $9.3 million. So the $12 million roughly the draft picks would cost would be a net increase of the cap of about $2.7 million.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Draft picks won't be a net cap hit of $12 million. They'll replace people already accounting for cap hits of lets say $850k each for a total of $9.3 million. So the $12 million roughly the draft picks would cost would be a net increase of the cap of about $2.7 million.
I like $2.7M more than $4M, but I am trying to be conservative. Definitely aware of the differences between adding it and knowing that it replaces other salaries - Apologies if I wasn't clear on that.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Psycho_X

Legend

Barring some crazy shit happening with a stud player becoming available for trade I am happy for this I think. There's no one out there available worth pushing money on two older vets down the road needlessly to get at this point. If Kupp comes back healthy and they can both stay healthy for two more seasons (hell one would be good but I'm greedy) than their contracts are worth it. Both contract would basically be done by that point and if they move on/retire there's no lasting repercussions. We got a two year window.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Also Dave Ragone is working with him. Makes me hope he does better with him than he did Mitch T.(Mahomes -lol). The QB carousel continues .

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Well everyone was quick to judge Stenson Bennett. The Rams are about family & looking after each other.That is the Foundation (envirment)Sean Mcvay has built.

What has happened to Stenson will only make him a better man.He is put in an excellent situation playing behind 2 of the better Qab’s in The NFL
Stetson

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
This means we have around $7M left of cap if my guesses are anywhere near right. Looks like it’ll be post draft cut signings for depth.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
$7m is a good amount. I could see them circling back to Witherspoon if the draft doesn’t result in a round 1-2 CB and no other good CB/LB/DT guy gets cut around the league. Then pocket the rest or use it elsewhere.

dang

Legend
Pffffttttt…need more vet leadership on that defense. Was hoping for a DE/Edge vet at least.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Pffffttttt…need more vet leadership on that defense. Was hoping for a DE/Edge vet at least.
Still might get one but not recognize his name.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
OTC has up-dated for the Kamren Curl and Cristian Rozeboom contracts.

Curls' 2024 cap hit is $4.2M; and Rozeboom is at $1.4M.

WestCoastRam

Legend
What do you think Tutu gets in a trade? I just don't know that anything they get will be more valuable than letting him play the season.
Flawed.. but.. knows the O and can make some plays. Hopefully he's your number 5 guy.. but right now, he's number 4.
Hard to see him get moved in this deep class of WRs but sometimes things go down a certain way for a team in the draft and they end up with a hole even on draft day.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
-btw ,thanks..

I’m happy for him.I don’t think by him coming back it changes The Rams passing on a QB in 2024.

I do think he has a chance to do well,only because The Rams never gave up on him.The evaluation process is(was) what it is.They might have given up on him as moving forward without him.

What STETSON did was not acceptable to what The Rams CORE believes are.I believe he put Stafford in a tough spot.That’s a guess & when things went down KELLY’s statement about Matthews knowing young players went over like a stinky Fart in Church.

—You BET(Ohtani) that it had an effect on The Rams rookies in 2023.Those PLAYERS( class of 2023) stepped up & everyone of The Biggest Draft Class in modern Day made it on The Rams roster.

It’s amazing & a testament to McSnead & hope far I believe they have come to have had such an awesome rookie Draft Class.We don’t know how good this group will be,but they gave us Ram Fans Super Bowl Dreams & still Dreaming of another one(won).

I’ll be cheering for Stetson & The Hope he can(might) bring to all those who have & are struggling through addiction .

You know if your from California YES in 1 passed after a week of counting votes.The Rams (players & organization) give back to the community .It’s NO JOKE if you believe in NO.I think hope,awareness,support,family,ext.. extra . You know it becomes a pattern & all that goes to waste.There’s only so much someone can do & it comes down to looking in the mirror & knowing who you are.

We all struggle in some way or form.No individual is the same .You can CLONE the F’ out of us & we all would be different.

I just know this could be a feel good story,but Stetson has always been an Under DAWG(Georgia) & won 2 National Championships as a walk on.He wasn’t a #1 draft pick like Baker Mayfield .He is following through the same foot steps as being a Ram QB.

He was & is no Johnny Football & he didn’t go run to Vegas & beat his Girldfriends (Ear)Drum.He went into ReHab & obviously took it seriously .The Rams weren’t enablers & made him WORK & EARN his place as a RAM!!

There is a lot that had to go into this & for Stetson will always have addiction he will have to fight through or with!!! For what he will represent is what I think ALL US RAM FANS should CHEER for.The jury will be forever out on his STORY!! There have & will be players that go through the TOUGH Path of Life & Addictions.

—I wish all Rod members & Rambly well !!

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jimmy G's number should come in at around $2.9M according to Jourdan on Twitter:

"Jimmy G’s cap number is appx. $2.85/$2.9M. It has a lot of play time, starts, snaps, wins and playoffs incentives."

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Jimmy G's number should come in at around $2.9M according to Jourdan on Twitter:

"Jimmy G’s cap number is appx. $2.85/$2.9M. It has a lot of play time, starts, snaps, wins and playoffs incentives."
Hope that’s true. We maybe would have $8M + left in cap then

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
For weeks, OTC has been updating the Rams' 2024 cap situation ahead of Spotrac ... in one instance by an entire week. Well Spotrac is fighting-back a little. It has updated for the Garoppolo contract; and it shows my Dobbelganger as having a $3.2M cap hit.