LA Rams LB Cory Littleton earns 9th best free agent available in 2020 honors by Pro Football Focus

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I have to say goodbye to Cory Littleton just like I said goodbye to Rodney McLeod. Homegrown talent Snead picked up either in the late rounds or undrafted that leaves for another team just as they’ve developed into a solid starter.
It stung at first but then I got over it.
It’s always a case of the Cap and being a deep team.
Look at the talent lurking:
Kiser
Copeland
Ogbonnia
Gaines
Darious Williams
And I like Reeder
Polite
There is a lot of other developing talent on this team that will step up next season — despite our fixation with improving the poor performance of last years Offensive line - we have lots of young talent that deserves the chance to turn into solid starters. Just like Littleton and McLeod. Guys like Allen, Noteboom, Edwards, Corbett, Evans + will be a lot better next year and more in unison.

We have guys like Kupp, Rapp, Ebukam, Christian, etc... John Johnson 3, Higbeast — i mean holy shit — This organization knows how to acquire talent.

Players Snead and Co acquire and develop who go on to greener pastures will continue to be something we Ram fans will have to deal with every two to three years. It’s a sign of a healthy team.
I wish Cory Littleton well but we’ll be bringing on more affordable and younger replacements soon.
Go Rams!

Lot of wisdom in this post, Dieter.

Some great ‘real world’ perspective for us. Take a bow, sir!

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams regime seems to prefer extensions. But with Litteton you have to wonder...

What if we would have offered him $9 million per season starting last year? So his pay would have been bumped for 2019. Five year deal averaging $9 million a year with high guarantees since he's been a durable and reliable player.

His agent probably weighs that against getting $14 million per year in free agency, but the caveat being he's an NFL player who could have sustained an injury that could have jeopardized that.

Even trying an extension with guaranteed money may have worked because again, the NFL is dangerous.

We'll probably never know if the Rams even tried.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Rams picked up Kenny Young in the Peters trade last year. He will be in the mix for snaps at ILB after Littleton departs.
Cant pay everyone.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
It may hurt a little but the fact is the Rams are not in a position where they can keep Littleton and Fowler and it my also be time to move on from Withworth. Sometimes you have to see what the other guys on the roster can do when given the opportunity either because of injury or not being able to afford some of your better players. It may be time to say goodbye and good luck.