LA Rams 2022 rookie class: Projecting the roster battles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bonifay’d- just from the photo it’s self is where I start to find clues & see what Carberry has up his sleeve.

Now Brian Allen was injured & playing hurt,so my guess is he might take a little longer getting up to full speed?

Edwards 73 is a lock at LG. He & Noteboom feel comfortable together & never understood some saying how bad he played ? The Rams won the SuperBowl with him starting there. Has taken reps there for 3 seasons,but 19 he played more RG. Both Corbett & he switched though.

Shelton is the one who is snapping it Stafford so we have that & know he is at the least a swing C/G.

The RG is Tremayne Anchrum right there.He looks more compact coming into camp from photos I noticed early.He looks like his body type is more of a guard than ever.

Just saying as of Day 1
Shorty Anchrum is practicing in the OL post I projected him to be in early last month. I also am still projection him to start in that same post when the regular season opens.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Do not think a guy who is 6-5/213 pounds can be considered a womanchild looking guy.

2022 NFL Draft Profile: San Jose State OT Jack Snyder​

The Spartans offensive tackle was integral to SJSU’s rise. What does he bring to the NFL that could help bolster a pro offense?

A potential gem in an evolving NFL.​

It takes a team effort to climb to the top of the mountain in college football, though some contributions are harder to see than others. The havoc you didn’t see during the San Jose State Spartans’ improbable run to a Mountain West championship in 2020 was due in no small part to athletes like offensive tackle Jack Snyder, who grew with the rest of the team over four years as a starter.

Now that he’s no longer a mainstay in the South Bay, however, the question now is whether Snyder has shown enough to continue his football journey into the National Football League.

Measurables (taken from SI.com and DraftScout.com)​

Height – 6′ and 4 5/8″
Weight – 313 pounds
40-yard time – 5.15 seconds
10-yard split time – 1.75 seconds
Arm length – 31 1/8″
Hand size – 9 3/4″
Wingspan – 77 7/8″
Vertical jump – N/A
Broad jump – 9′ and 1″ (or 109″)
Shuttle time – 4.58 seconds
3-cone drill time – 7.7 seconds
Bench press – 25 reps

Strengths​

There are few, if any, offensive line prospects who enter the NFL Draft with more college reps under his belt than Snyder, who finished his San Jose State career with a whopping 52 starts (and 57 total games). In that time, he improved year after year at least according to Pro Football Focus, peaked in 2020 after leading all Mountain West tackles in run blocking and pass blocking, accruing a 90.9 overall grade that was tied for the fourth-best figure of any Group of 5 athlete.

In particular, Snyder has stood out in pass protection, possessing the requisite balance and quickness to defend outside against edge rushers. Here, you can see him (#55 in blue) matched up on three straight plays with San Diego State’s Keshawn Banks (#2 in white)

Strengths
There are few, if any, offensive line prospects who enter the NFL Draft with more college reps under his belt than Snyder, who finished his San Jose State career with a whopping 52 starts (and 57 total games). In that time, he improved year after year at least according to Pro Football Focus, peaked in 2020 after leading all Mountain West tackles in run blocking and pass blocking, accruing a 90.9 overall grade that was tied for the fourth-best figure of any Group of 5 athlete.

In particular, Snyder has stood out in pass protection, possessing the requisite balance and quickness to defend outside against edge rushers. Here, you can see him (#55 in blue) matched up on three straight plays with San Diego State’s Keshawn Banks (#2 in white):

Yeah - he puts it in a Man Bun.Maybe he gives his hair away for a cause.

He looks like he might fit in early & become the backup.Is going to learn & take the place of another Spartan in Kolone.Probably the practice squad center.
He seems comfortable in his own skin. Saw a couple photos of him in college.He looks like a pup.Thinking the longer hair was before & not now.
This rookie class have a lot of Funky styles. E. Jones though has a new Hairstyle & number.
This Michigan State kid looks the part as your All-American Tackle from head to ties.There is another big guy as well that I think might standout ?

I do think Anchrum is going to get a lot of looks playing RG. Wondering about Evans & if he was hurt at all last season that carried over.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Snyder listed already as the 3rd Center, I look for him to evolve as IMO, he get a ton of reps in preseason as I expect the will set both Allen & Shelton.

He is the type of udrfa The Rams find.He will get a good look & chance to succeed.Plus not far from home.
Kolone isn’t worth keeping,but brings the veteran attitude that shows young players they will stick with you & always give players a chance.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Do not think a guy who is 6-5/213 pounds can be considered a womanchild looking guy.

2022 NFL Draft Profile: San Jose State OT Jack Snyder​

The Spartans offensive tackle was integral to SJSU’s rise. What does he bring to the NFL that could help bolster a pro offense?

A potential gem in an evolving NFL.

It takes a team effort to climb to the top of the mountain in college football, though some contributions are harder to see than others. The havoc you didn’t see during the San Jose State Spartans’ improbable run to a Mountain West championship in 2020 was due in no small part to athletes like offensive tackle Jack Snyder, who grew with the rest of the team over four years as a starter.

Now that he’s no longer a mainstay in the South Bay, however, the question now is whether Snyder has shown enough to continue his football journey into the National Football League.

Measurables (taken from SI.com and DraftScout.com)​

Height – 6′ and 4 5/8″
Weight – 313 pounds
40-yard time – 5.15 seconds
10-yard split time – 1.75 seconds

Arm length – 31 1/8″ ( BonifayRam's remarks here .....This short length in his arms usually directed OL'ers who played other OL posts towards the NFL center post where those short arms are a great advantage same for those larger hands).

Hand size – 9 3/4″
Wingspan – 77 7/8″
Vertical jump – N/A
Broad jump – 9′ and 1″ (or 109″)
Shuttle time – 4.58 seconds
3-cone drill time – 7.7 seconds
Bench press – 25 reps

Strengths​

In particular, Snyder has stood out in pass protection, possessing the requisite balance and quickness to defend outside against edge rushers.

Strengths

6’5” 213 is he a shooting guard???

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, I was just giving Bonifay a hard time.
:sur:Yep I got that wrong.......numbers have never been my strong point. Should have re-read my remarks but the horseflies & deer/yellow flies were impatiently waiting on me outside for me to crank up my lawn mow & get distracted.

Sure appears that thus UDFA signing came to the best place possible to attempt to make his dreams come true. Carberry could really use an interior OL like this to make this team one way or another.

Last edited:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
He is the type of udrfa The Rams find.He will get a good look & chance to succeed.Plus not far from home.
Kolone isn’t worth keeping,but brings the veteran attitude that shows young players they will stick with you & always give players a chance.
The Rams have had a lot of success turning College tackles and moving them inside.
Corbett
Edwards
Anchrum
Brewer
Evans

Some more successful than others but that's what they do.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Rams have had a lot of success turning College tackles and moving them inside.
Corbett
Edwards
Anchrum
Brewer
Evans

Some more successful than others but that's what they do.
Well it started with Aaron Kromer & you have to add Demby & Noteboom because they are both better examples than a couple of your Ram choices .
Zak Kromer is still around,but Les has taken more towards that concept. Bruss is a good example.I don’t know about Shelton’s college days. I know Bonifay’d would though.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
:sur:Yeppers I got that really wrong.......

Sure appears that thus UDFA signing came to the best place possible to attempt to make his dreams come true. Carberry could really use an interior OL like this to make this team one way or another.

Don’t know who your taking about but, yeah-Yeppers!

Oh Yeah - didn’t want to correct Bonifay’d,but his response was excellent.

Last season The Rams. Com & NFL site which basically are to of the same did that with AJ Jackson ALL SEASON. In fact I’ll go check now to see if nit has been updated?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
AJ Jackson is listed at

6’7 285 ? Can that be true ? Thought they had him at 6’7 235. Is he that skinny in the butty ?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
AJ Jackson is listed at

6’7 285 ? Can that be true ? Thought they had him at 6’7 235. Is he that skinny in the butty ?
6'7 285lbs is correct, he switched his diet in college and follows a cardo workout regime very similar to Andrew Whitworth. BTW, Jackson is now donning #77.

fearsomefour

Legend
AJ Jackson is listed at

They never update the weight stats.
A guy will be drafted at say, 278 lbs.
He will be in his 10th year in the league and still listed the same weight even though his whole body has changed and he's likely closer to 350 lbs or whatever.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
6'7 285lbs is correct, he switched his diet in college and follows a cardo workout regime very similar to Andrew Whitworth. BTW, Jackson is now donning #77.

Nice - saw that & at first was thinking it was Noteboom.Joesph Noteboom though has made a name for himself with #70. I look forward to him having a solid season.
I have skinny legs & most people with an average built are easily 20lbs over my weight.Still hard to believe looking at Jackson though.Curious to see how he is going to look this preseason.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
They never update the weight stats.
A guy will be drafted at say, 278 lbs.
He will be in his 10th year in the league and still listed the same weight even though his whole body has changed and he's likely closer to 350 lbs or whatever.

Interesting how that happens.It’s not like the team doesn’t have that info right there each season. I get the height thing. Lol - still we shrink when we get older.

We should all do as Fred Dryer dies every morning & turn upside down on are head.Got love that guy he is OG that has always beat to his own drum.
He use to have one of the best motors in the game.Rumor was you could actually hear him always to at least the whistle.