LA Rams 2022 rookie class: Projecting the roster battles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This draft is like the opposite of last year's, where you have players who are ready to play. Bruss was a guy they targeted to start and is good in both run/pass. Durant and Kendricks are both slot ballhawks who shouldn't have any problem if called on, even if one is a bit small and the other is limited athletically. Williams is a better pass blocker day one than anyone not named Akers.

I wonder if last year's group was a bit too much development after they did their end of year self-scout or whatever because there's a clear difference.

I’ll put Rod coin on Quinten Lake makes more of an impact than
Durant in 2022.

I am starting to think Taylor Rapp gets traded ? The depth The Rams have after this draft with all the DB’s.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah - amazing how much younger these players look.Just showing my age I guess.
OTA’s are just going to start up.The Rams will make the younger players earn there spots,as well as pushing the veterans.
I don’t know if I made it clear? I can not see Shelton playing in the preseason at all either way.

—Bobby Evans I don’t know about because last season he started out as The Rams RG.Next thing he knows is he was fighting for a roster spot.IMO Bobby Evans is going to have a different mind set.
I also question Anchrum ? He is a 6’2 RT. That right there Imo is a losing battle.He really has to impress & improve ? We have awhile to continue this.
If Bobby Evans did not get a clue from early last season and begin then to change his "mindset" he will never will,,,,, it's way too late even now going into June to now get concerned with his long past shoddy overall effort. He should have lived @ Whitworth's house in the gym sleeping in his sleeping bag night & day! Since you like to recall some of the many things I have said in the past.......IF this 4 yr young veteran Evans makes the 2022 MR53 week#1, it will be as the #9 Ram OL'er & it will be in the capacity attached as a Swing OT RESERVE position.

I do not see the shortness of Anchrum @ RT as you. From the waist up Anchrum is the size of an NFL OT 34 inch arms massive chest 10-inch hands 26 reps even with those extra-long arms????...but he has a Dick Butkus type lower body. Could end up being a nice combo behind Havenstein. When you review all that has been written about him Anchrum looks to be built for this Ram offense & this Ram OL. IMO Anchrum is a RT and an emergency reserve OG.

• Quick out of stance and into his work
  • Anchrum does an excellent job of getting to landmarks laterally as a move blocker and has above-average body control to adjust and capture his second-level blocks.
  • good quickness and leverage & sturdy build with big bubble
  • Pass slides are rhythmic and smooth
  • Above-average bend and agility
  • Quality lateral slides to mirror in protection
  • Excellent range to find proper positioning on outside zone
  • Accurate targeting run fits, using inside hands at proper pad level
  • Fluid and controlled adjusting and striking second-level targets

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If Bobby Evans did not get a clue from early last season and begin then to change his "mindset" he will never will,,,,, it's way too late even now going into June to now get concerned with his long past shoddy overall effort. He should have lived @ Whitworth's house in the gym sleeping in his sleeping bag night & day! Since you like to recall some of the many things I have said in the past.......IF this 4 yr young veteran Evans makes the 2022 MR53 week#1, it will be as the #9 Ram OL'er & it will be in the capacity attached as a Swing OT RESERVE position.

I do not see the shortness of Anchrum @ RT as you. From the waist up Anchrum is the size of an NFL OT 34 inch arms massive chest 10-inch hands 26 reps even with those extra-long arms????...but he has a Dick Butkus type lower body. Could end up being a nice combo behind Havenstein. When you review all that has been written about him Anchrum looks to be built for this Ram offense & this Ram OL. IMO Anchrum is a RT and an emergency reserve OG.
I would agree here, I believe Anchrum can fill in at RT and I believe the Rams might also be able to trade Evans. Now maybe they can't, but I know this, A.J. Arcuri will outwork him I guarantee it. Which will lead to Bobby Evans being traded or given his outright release IMHO.

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I would agree here, I believe Anchrum can fill in at RT and I believe the Rams might also be able to trade Evans. Now maybe they can't, but I know this, A.J. Arcuri will outwork him I guarantee it. Which will lead to Bobby Evans being traded or given his outright release IMHO.
I think Anchrum not seeing the field in his first 2 seasons says more about him than anything else.
Alaric Jackson got PT as a UDFA rookie… Evans was still ahead of him on depth chart.
He’s popular because he’s a blank slate, imo.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

• Quick out of stance and into his work
  • Anchrum does an excellent job of getting to landmarks laterally as a move blocker and has above-average body control to adjust and capture his second-level blocks.
  • good quickness and leverage & sturdy build with big bubble
  • Pass slides are rhythmic and smooth
  • Above-average bend and agility
  • Quality lateral slides to mirror in protection
  • Excellent range to find proper positioning on outside zone
  • Accurate targeting run fits, using inside hands at proper pad level
  • Fluid and controlled adjusting and striking second-level targets

You always bring it. That’s what I love about your postings. I do like to challenge you stay true to your stance. You make perfect sense.

There are a couple things I have to see to believe.IMO Carberry will have a better idea on The Rams Offensive Lineman.Right now I’m still at the past.
Agree Bobby Evans should have been more into Team(We) & don’t know if staying in town should have been something he should have been more involved in ? Anchrum didn’t seem to be there either though ?

Anchrum seemed to take a step back or was injured,so a little confused on his development.He is only 23 which shows so much room for growth.He looked a little beef the last photo I saw ?

Bruss should be the starting RG but when & how is my bigger question.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

You & Bonifay’d both took a dislike in Bobby Evans last preseason,if not before that.Struggling with The depth & starters.Coleman Shelton I’d say I’d have to Eat Crow with.Resigning him though with Allen & Noteboom we’re Big. Maybe that makes Evans very trade able ?

I’m thinking Rapp will get traded. Rapp & then RAMsey’s future with The Rams later might be worth looking into with draft picks?
Examples of Goff,Cooks, &Peters ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think Anchrum not seeing the field in his first 2 seasons says more about him than anything else.
Alaric Jackson got PT as a UDFA rookie… Evans was still ahead of him on depth chart.
He’s popular because he’s a blank slate, imo.

That is my thinking on Bobby Evans. He has started over Noteboom at Guard the last couple years ? Playoffs was what got me.
Carberry though was a new OL coach & Shelton seemed to take over the swing spot. AJ Jackson showed that he is the backup LT.

It’s a new season so OTA’s imo more so than last season will mean more to how the season might playout.Point being Carberry’s knowledge.

I could also say Bobby Evans get cut or traded as well ? I could also see him as the starting RG.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Bonifay’d- just from the photo it’s self is where I start to find clues & see what Carberry has up his sleeve.

Now Brian Allen was injured & playing hurt,so my guess is he might take a little longer getting up to full speed?

Edwards 73 is a lock at LG. He & Noteboom feel comfortable together & never understood some saying how bad he played ? The Rams won the SuperBowl with him starting there. Has taken reps there for 3 seasons,but 19 he played more RG. Both Corbett & he switched though.

Shelton is the one who is snapping it Stafford so we have that & know he is at the least a swing C/G.

The RG is Tremayne Anchrum right there.He looks more compact coming into camp from photos I noticed early.He looks like his body type is more of a guard than ever.

Just saying as of Day 1

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
HENDO looks chunky & Mcvay says he is having a HAM(ie) issue.

Your Center from San Jose State ? Is he the woman child looking guy.

oldnotdead

Legend
From what I hear, Dixon isn't a lock to win the P job. McVay is giving Dicker every opportunity to win the job. I think a lot will come down to his ability to be a consistent holder for Gay. If he does and doesn't kick himself out of a job, they would go with Dicker over Dixon. Dixon's block rate is troublesome apparently. Also, Dicker gives them a backup kicker should Gay get hurt or sick. If Dicker can improve his consistency in his distance and inside the 20 performance he will get the nod regardless of whatever Dixon does.

Interesting to say the least. What the Rams like is his hang time. That's what DeCamillas really wants and Dicker is his guy apparently. Hang time was an issue with Hekker last year. To improve his hang time he sacrificed distance. He had two consecutive down years with 2021 down from 2020. I'm glad Hekker got his ring and strange how it came in the worst season of his career.

There's one UDFA rookie likely to make the roster.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
From what I hear, Dixon isn't a lock to win the P job. McVay is giving Dicker every opportunity to win the job. I think a lot will come down to his ability to be a consistent holder for Gay. If he does and doesn't kick himself out of a job, they would go with Dicker over Dixon. Dixon's block rate is troublesome apparently. Also, Dicker gives them a backup kicker should Gay get hurt or sick. If Dicker can improve his consistency in his distance and inside the 20 performance he will get the nod regardless of whatever Dixon does.

Interesting to say the least. What the Rams like is his hang time. That's what DeCamillas really wants and Dicker is his guy apparently. Hang time was an issue with Hekker last year. To improve his hang time he sacrificed distance. He had two consecutive down years with 2021 down from 2020. I'm glad Hekker got his ring and strange how it came in the worst season of his career.

There's one UDFA rookie likely to make the roster.

I’d bet against Dicker right now.Dickerson already looks comfortable with Gay.

There will be a couple that make the squad.Well AJ Arcuri looks like he will make it.Drafted though.

Benton Whitley I’m curious about & few couple others.Brayden Thomas ?

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I’d bet against Dicker right now.Dickerson already looks comfortable with Gay.

There will be a couple that make the squad.Well AJ Arcuri looks like he will make it.Drafted though.

Benton Whitley I’m curious about & few couple others.Brayden Thomas ?
So how can you tell that Matt Gay is more comfortable with Riley Dixon already? Lets see how Dicker & Dixon punt before we make that assessment although Dixon is an excellent holder so if Gay is comfortable it would make sense.

I'm interested to see Whitely (Holy Cross) Thomas (North Dakota State) & Keir Thomas of Florida State. Whitley has good measurables at 6'4 260lbs, but lacks strength and struggles against the run. Brayden Thomas lacks the athleticism as he wins on schemes & stunts & Keir Thomas is shorter at 6'2, but thicker at 275lbs and strong anchor, however, does not have the quick twitch to pressure the quarterback consistently.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
So how can you tell that Matt Gay is more comfortable with Riley Dixon already? Lets see how Dicker & Dixon punt before we make that assessment although Dixon is an excellent holder so if Gay is comfortable it would make sense.

I'm interested to see Whitely (Holy Cross) Thomas (North Dakota State) & Keir Thomas of Florida State. Whitley has good measurables at 6'4 260lbs, but lacks strength and struggles against the run. Brayden Thomas lacks the athleticism as he wins on schemes & stunts & Keir Thomas is shorter at 6'2, but thicker at 275lbs and strong anchor, however, does not have the quick twitch to pressure the quarterback consistently.

I say that because the starting punter,kicker & snapper we’re together.It was #11 Dickerson,plus of his experience.He also has a relationship with the Special teams coach .

I saw a couple quotes of Whitely.He comes from Holy Cross, but has nice size & is going to work hard.These young players are always fun to see under the lights.

Morris comes from Hofstra,& has some ties back East.He is proud of that. Raheem IMO is such a Excellent Coach. He just gets it & gets a long with everyone.He knows what buttons to push.

The thing that’s going to be great is Bobby Wagner & Morris together.They are going to be so good.Wagner was talked about on Cowherd & LA was the reason he is a Ram. I’m sure it was more than just LA & coaching staff is a big part.
I’ve been trying to put it all together & the photos I saw last night panted a picture of what Wagner is going to mean to The Rams.
First Ernest Jones(#53) looks like such a different player.He already is taking things to the next level.Howard is going to add such depth. Bobby Wagner is going to sport #45 & his health is going to show up early.He looks great & will be A TEAM Captain!! The play calling he & Morris will have should be special. Add new ILB coach & the defense should have more wrinkles.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The play calling he & Morris will have should be special. Add new ILB coach & the defense should have more wrinkles.
I expect it will earn Raheem Morris a Head Coaching opportunity I like him early on in either Carolina or Arizona trying to read through the tealeaves, but obviously, we will have to see how it plays out.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I say that because the starting punter,kicker & snapper we’re together.It was #11 Dickerson,plus of his experience.He also has a relationship with the Special teams coach .
Well, if he's going to earn a roster spot, let's get the name right....Riley Dixon.

Pictured here against the Rams #9.
1653576834555.png

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I expect it will earn Raheem Morris a Head Coaching opportunity I like him early on in either Carolina or Arizona trying to read through the tealeaves, but obviously, we will have to see how it plays out.

My guess is he goes into the college ranks ? Then again the way recruiting has changed makes it tougher,but I think he wants stability & influence young life’s.

Kevin O’Connell got the Vikings HC job. All reports I got earlier in the process was Raheem had the job. Then all of a sudden it was between O’Connell & another coach.

The cool thing about Morris is his relationship with Sean Mcvay.He would have been the HC if he’d gone to the booth.His outlook on life is so positive.He is a RAM at Heart.He didn’t side track the goal of winning a SuperBowl.
I think Ram fans missed the point early about who he is & what he has meant.I think the coaching structure is better than last season.Mcvay said it was the best ever last season.I like the change & the challenge of the staff & togetherness of the players.

Point being as an example of Ernest Jones walking off the field the last preseason game.If any Ram Fans recall Micha Kiser was the starter at the beginning of camp like your buddy Bobby Evans.Your other buddy who was 2nd string RG became the starting center through the process.
Raheem Morris told Jones remember this feeling of starting & prepare the same way each day & week. We are going to need you & to stay ready.

Morris stats are for losers. The Rams traded Kenny Young & plugged in E. Jones.Micah was signed to Denver the week before from the practice squad & started but was enjoyed in Denver.

Von Miller became a Ram.Yes Troy Reeder had a bigger role.Jones was The Rams starting LB though for Young.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do not think a guy who is 6-5/313 pounds can be considered a womanchild looking guy.
HENDO looks chunky & Mcvay says he is having a HAM(ie) issue.

Your Center from San Jose State ? Is he the woman child looking guy.

2022 NFL Draft Profile: San Jose State OT Jack Snyder​

The Spartans offensive tackle was integral to SJSU’s rise. What does he bring to the NFL that could help bolster a pro offense?

A potential gem in an evolving NFL.

It takes a team effort to climb to the top of the mountain in college football, though some contributions are harder to see than others. The havoc you didn’t see during the San Jose State Spartans’ improbable run to a Mountain West championship in 2020 was due in no small part to athletes like offensive tackle Jack Snyder, who grew with the rest of the team over four years as a starter.

Now that he’s no longer a mainstay in the South Bay, however, the question now is whether Snyder has shown enough to continue his football journey into the National Football League.

Measurables (taken from SI.com and DraftScout.com)​

Height – 6′ and 4 5/8″
Weight – 313 pounds
40-yard time – 5.15 seconds
10-yard split time – 1.75 seconds

Arm length – 31 1/8″ ( BonifayRam's remarks here .....This short length in his arms usually directed OL'ers who played other OL posts towards the NFL center post where those short arms are a great advantage same for those larger hands).

Hand size – 9 3/4″
Wingspan – 77 7/8″
Vertical jump – N/A
Broad jump – 9′ and 1″ (or 109″)
Shuttle time – 4.58 seconds
3-cone drill time – 7.7 seconds
Bench press – 25 reps

Strengths​

There are few, if any, offensive line prospects who enter the NFL Draft with more college reps under his belt than Snyder, who finished his San Jose State career with a whopping 52 starts (and 57 total games). In that time, he improved year after year at least according to Pro Football Focus, peaked in 2020 after leading all Mountain West tackles in run blocking and pass blocking, accruing a 90.9 overall grade that was tied for the fourth-best figure of any Group of 5 athlete.

In particular, Snyder has stood out in pass protection, possessing the requisite balance and quickness to defend outside against edge rushers.

Strengths
There are few, if any, offensive line prospects who enter the NFL Draft with more college reps under his belt than Snyder, who finished his San Jose State career with a whopping 52 starts (and 57 total games). In that time, he improved year after year at least according to Pro Football Focus, peaked in 2020 after leading all Mountain West tackles in run blocking and pass blocking, accruing a 90.9 overall grade that was tied for the fourth-best figure of any Group of 5 athlete.

Attachments

• 1653580567320.png
    1653580567320.png
    131.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Do not think a guy who is 6-5/213 pounds can be considered a womanchild looking guy.

2022 NFL Draft Profile: San Jose State OT Jack Snyder​

The Spartans offensive tackle was integral to SJSU’s rise. What does he bring to the NFL that could help bolster a pro offense?

A potential gem in an evolving NFL.​

It takes a team effort to climb to the top of the mountain in college football, though some contributions are harder to see than others. The havoc you didn’t see during the San Jose State Spartans’ improbable run to a Mountain West championship in 2020 was due in no small part to athletes like offensive tackle Jack Snyder, who grew with the rest of the team over four years as a starter.

Now that he’s no longer a mainstay in the South Bay, however, the question now is whether Snyder has shown enough to continue his football journey into the National Football League.

In particular, Snyder has stood out in pass protection, possessing the requisite balance and quickness to defend outside against edge rushers. Here, you can see him (#55 in blue) matched up on three straight plays with San Diego State’s Keshawn Banks (#2 in white):
Snyder listed already as the 3rd Center, I look for him to evolve as IMO, he get a ton of reps in preseason as I expect the will set both Allen & Shelton.