LA Lakers , Let;s Rock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Jerry Buss, yes Doctor Jerry Buss they are a rockin.........

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sooooooo No one else watching lol.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I rarely watch pro basketball, even highlights. It's probably because I never grew up with a St. Louis team. But I do pay attention to players (favorite five in the current era are Damien Lillard, Donovan Mitchell, DeMarre Carroll, Kristaps Porzingis, and Giannis.)

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Sooooooo No one else watching lol.

I'm a Lakers fan -- watched the first two games - stuck at work at the moment - so keeping an eye on the score - 58-54 .. Heat are up at the half ... any highlights?

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
After watching the Knick vs the Lakers in 70, with Willis playing on 1 leg. been a fan ever since, something about West I always thought wa special...

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Well this o e is over 3/1 Lakers.

Nice Game.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Go Lakers!!! Streamed all 4 games. Game 4 was exciting. LA had a great defensive effort and key contributions from the "other guys."

Will be thrilled to have Lebron win one for us!!

Funny though, I disliked him and Rondo before they became Lakers. Always wanted their teams to lose. Other than Kyle Turley, I can't think of any players that I strongly disliked as much before they came to the Rams.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just curious here. A championship is a championship and nothing takes it away.
That said, as a Laker fan, does it feel like a win with the current roster makeup? Not a single player of any importance is a Laker developed player. No "homegrown" guy, or at least a Kyle Lowry type guy who spent years with the team before winning.

fearsomefour

Legend
That said, as a Laker fan, does it feel like a win with the current roster makeup? Not a single player of any importance is a Laker developed player. No "homegrown" guy, or at least a Kyle Lowry type guy who spent years with the team before winning.
Looking back at their draft history the last ten years....a lot of bad picks.
Doesn’t bother me.
NFL is the most draft dependent sport I think.
Basketball the least.
Makes sense given the small rosters.

fearsomefour

Legend
Didn’t see this thread until now.
Grew up on the coast and am a lifetime Lakers fan.
Been a long time.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looking back at their draft history the last ten years....a lot of bad picks.
Doesn’t bother me.
NFL is the most draft dependent sport I think.
Basketball the least.
Makes sense given the small rosters.
That's why I said a Kyle Lowry type. He was in Toronto for 8 seasons before winning. I cant think of a single player that you'd say was a true Laker.
Toronto had Siakum and Lowry,
Golden State had Curry, Green and Klay,
Spurs had Ginobli, Leonard and Duncan
Heat had Wade etc, etc

fearsomefour

Legend
That's why I said a Kyle Lowry type. He was in Toronto for 8 seasons before winning. I cant think of a single player that you'd say was a true Laker.
Toronto had Siakum and Lowry,
Golden State had Curry, Green and Klay,
Spurs had Ginobli, Leonard and Duncan
Heat had Wade etc, etc
Yeah.
I thought the Lakers drafted Kuzma but I was wrong.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Go Lakers!!! Streamed all 4 games. Game 4 was exciting. LA had a great defensive effort and key contributions from the "other guys."

Funny though, I disliked him and Rondo before they became Lakers. Always wanted their teams to lose. Other than Kyle Turley, I can't think of any players that I strongly disliked as much before they came to the Rams.
Incognito and Sehorn.

Lakers - Same as yours plus add Rick Fox, Steve Nash, and Cousins. Didn't care for the Lonzo pick either.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah.
I thought the Lakers drafted Kuzma but I was wrong.
He counts in my book, was a draft day acquisition. I dont think of him as a key player, but that's because I dont watch their games, that's why I ask a Laker fan!

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.

I see what you're saying -- and it certainly doesn't feel the same as anything with Kobe but to win basketball games you need the best players and if you can get the best players then get them. A bit different in the NFL due to the number of players required.

Many fans feel the same way. I didn't mind them before they came to the Lakers - however I'm a lot more relaxed about basketball than I am about Football.

He counts in my book, was a draft day acquisition. I dont think of him as a key player, but that's because I dont watch their games, that's why I ask a Laker fan!

Agree. Caruso and Kuzma I would consider the only homegrown Lakers -- not key players but good contributors.

fearsomefour

Legend
Kuzma just recently started to really hustle on defense.
Makes him a much more valuable player.
He’s still young.
If he can get just a little more consistent hitting his shots he will be a major rotational guy.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I don't know about all this true Lakers stuff. Whenever they come to us and play and contribute to the winning they become true Lakers. Every once in a while there's a hater saying "Oh you bought a team" like they said about the Dodgers. So what? The deals don't always work out, it's not always easy to get players from other teams to come aboard. Once all is said and done, and the trades are finalized, the contracts signed for, they become Lakers. I don't use the word true in this sense because it can be used to negate an accomplishment.

The only thing concerning me on the subject is not being able to hold onto top draft picks. Russell, Lonzo, Ingram, all looked to be Lakers of future importance at the time. Wasted picks, but then again we can say look where it all got us in the present.

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I see what you're saying -- and it certainly doesn't feel the same as anything with Kobe but to win basketball games you need the best players and if you can get the best players then get them. A bit different in the NFL due to the number of players required.

Many fans feel the same way. I didn't mind them before they came to the Lakers - however I'm a lot more relaxed about basketball than I am about Football.

Agree. Caruso and Kuzma I would consider the only homegrown Lakers -- not key players but good contributors.
I disagree about Caruso. He is very key with his hustle off the bench.