Kobe Bryant Dead in Helicopter Crash.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I feel so bad. And just really sad.
Grew up with the Lakers of the 60’s, and I’m not, (and never really was), a huge basketball fan. But always watched his games.
But I loved Kobe the Laker, Kobe the Man, Kobe the Mamba, Kobe who was human and fucked up, Kobe who imo redeemed himself, and Kobe the happy Father.
Jesus. My heart really goes out to his wife and daughters.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I was a Lakers fan before I was a Rams fan. This shakes me to my core.

An amazing athlete, husband, father and man. One of the best, if not the best, redemption stories of our times.

Yes, the Sheriff is reporting now 9 fatalities.

Same. I became a Laker fan in '72/73... started out in spite (I was mad at my dad who hated the Lakers and loved the Knicks), but I truly came to love them.

I remember Magic's first game (it was WILD), Kobe's first game... the Shaq trade...

I'm just SHOOK right now... think I'm fine and then I see or remember something else and there's more tears...

I'm about to watch that short movie that won him the Oscar (I watched it earlier, but the end was cut off in the twitter link.... and it's gonna rip me to shreds again, I just know...

Edit: Yep, I was right... dude was ALL HEART...

Gonna try to watch the Lakers' next game on Tuesday... that's gonna be something else...

Last edited:

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Same. I became a Laker fan in '72/73... started out in spite (I was mad at my dad who hated the Lakers and loved the Knicks), but I truly came to love them.

I remember Magic's first game (it was WILD), Kobe's first game... the Shaq trade...

I'm just SHOOK right now... think I'm fine and then I see or remember something else and there's more tears...

I'm about to watch that short movie that won him the Oscar (I watched it earlier, but the end was cut off in the twitter link.... and it's gonna rip me to shreds again, I just know...

Edit: Yep, I was right... dude was ALL HEART...

Gonna try to watch the Lakers' next game on Tuesday... that's gonna be something else...

Sounds like our Lakers fandom started about the same time.

I listened to the Lakers on the radio starting in 1971. They won the Championship that year against the Knicks. Chamberlain, West, Goodrich, McMillan, Hairston. Will never forget that year and my imagination seeing the games in my head listening on the radio.

It just dawned on me that we have just lost our next Lakers ambassador to bring us to the next one. We have not been without one in over 50 years.

Today is just so sad for so many of us. It touches my childhood. Powerful.

We pray for Kobe, his family, and all the others affected by this most unfortunate tragedy.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
4yjduGV.jpg

…..

Legend
As a lifelong Laker fan, I’m really struggling with this.

I thought I was doing ok, or maybe I was just rejecting the news, I really don’t know. ..but then my work day ended and I headed home. While waiting on take out Chinese, I took out my phone and began reading the reactions from across the world. Instantly It began to hit me and the lump I my throat started. Doc Rivers barely being able to get through his pre game interview....man...tough. I had to step out and go sit in my truck for privacy.

My dinner was ready in 10 minutes. I’m sure I let it sit for 30 before I finally put down my phone, wiped my eyes and went back inside.

in some twisted way I’ve found comfort in the love being shown for Bean this afternoon. I’m riveted by the unending love and praise. I’m sad...but proud. And I don’t know how to feel about that.

I hate to compare, but I can recall in my lifetime only two other tragic events that shook across multiple generations and continents likes this. Princess Diana, and Dale Earnhardt. Alot would say Michael Jackson and I get that.. Some would add Payne Stewart or Roberto Clemente for thier impacts. But for us in our world...this is tough man. Really really hard to understand and accept.

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
I only saw him play in person once back in 2012 against the Nuggets. Not a basketball fan with only a modicum of knowledge of the game other than you have to shoot the ball into the net, this tragic news of Kobe's death in a copter crash this morning has bummed me out all day long. One cannot grow up in Los Angeles without knowing who Kobe was and what he represented to the city and to the Lakers. One of a handful of athletes who transcend their sport, Kobe was a legend in the sports and entertainment world. He was known around the globe. I have friends and family in Israel who have been texting me all day long. This is something we just cannot understand. I think of Buddy Holly, Patsy Cline, Jim Reeves, Ken Hubbs. Roberto Clemente, Ricky Nelson and others who have died in aviation crashes. Don't understand the ways of the Good Lord; I guess He or She has good reasons for taking them before living a full life. So long, Kobe.

The World Mourns!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Same here. I was obsessed with the Showtime Lakers as a kid, but only one basketball jersey ever, #8.
I was fortunate to go to a game in Oakland vs the Warriors Magic's rookie year. My family was and is rooting for for the Warriors and about 5 minutes into the game I became a Lakers fan.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Been a Laker fan all my life, Jerry West was my favorite at the start. Kobe had my respect because he wasn’t just an amazing athlete but a stand up guy. A true role model is gone today. Very very sad indeed.

…..

Legend
Mercedes Dome in Atlanta lit up tonight in Lakers purple and gold.

Great job Mr Blank!

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
I've been a Lakers fan my whole life like many others here. My first memory was watching them lose to the Bulls in the NBA Finals with my dad at home. I think I cried when they lost (I was a pretty sensitive young child). I've been a fan ever since, although I haven't followed basketball that much for the past 5 or 6 years.

They say that life is short and you're never promised tomorrow. I feel like Kobe truly understood and lived with this in mind. His passion and dedication towards the game of basketball and anything else he set his mind to was second to none. While his life was cut way too short, I find some solace knowing that he truly embodied "live every day like it could be your last."

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Being born in 91, MJ's career was ending when one truly begin's to understand and watch sports as a young teen, so Kobe was the premier superstar of my generation, especially if you're a fan of basketball. His drive, work ethic, and passion is so reknown. Even if you're not a fan of his, you have to respect his mentality.

I've never mourned so much for someone I've never known. This hurts a lot. To this day, mentally I say "Kobe" when I throw something away. It'll hit differently going forward.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
This day has been unbelievably difficult for me and my wife. So much Laker history and memories in our home.

There is something that left my soul today I need to get back. And experience has taught me that time will fill the void. In the mean time.........

Our thoughts and prayers are with all who were involved and feel this loss.

All us fans are far from being alone with these feelings.

Life is good.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I remember being about 8 years old and I finally got my own TV in my room. It was a 13" black and white TV with rabbit ear antenna.

For some reason it would pick up basketball games and I was enamored. That's when I discovered The Lakers.

I've been a fan ever since and when Kobe came around...he quickly became my favorite. As his career went on, he cemented as my favorite player ever.

Yesterday...wow...I was shook...shit, I still am a bit. I try to make the effort to think of the other 8 people killed. But the tears I shed...were for him. May he Rest is Peace! #MambaForever

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
So many people around the country, and even the world, are feeling the pain. I've been a Laker fan since the early 70's when they won that 33 in a row and won the championship. This news hit me as hard as when Magic announced he had HIV. I was always torn who was my favorite. Kobe or Magic.

I always admired Kobe's drive to be the best. If Kobe was just the phenomenal athlete and player he was, not the guy who demanded his teammates give 100 percent along with him, I doubt they win those last two titles. Magic made others better on the court. Kobe made others better off the court so they can be better on the court.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
So.
So far it looks like 2 other girls were involved as well.

1 with her mother.
1 other with both parents.
Kobe and his daughter.
The Coach of the team
The Pilot.

Crushing.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Going to be tough for a long while. I still can't come to grips with it. All I can really say right now. So down.