Kobe Bryant Dead in Helicopter Crash.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I've heard the same Rhody.
His eldest, 13 yr old daughter was with him.
Fuck.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fate...I just read a story that said that his thirteen-year-old, Gianna, was a basketball star who wanted to go to UConn.

Life just isn't fair at all.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Local news it seems is reporting it was him, his 13 year old daughter a teammate of hers and that kids parent along with the pilot all 5 died in a crash on the way to his basketball academy in thousand oaks.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
20200126_131927_Film4.jpg

Miss you already Mamba!

Memento

Name
Jemma
All of my thoughts go to the families of those affected. Kobe's wife and daughters must be especially devastated, and I can't possibly imagine how they feel.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Freaking unbelievable, I hope his daughters were not on that helicopter. RIP Kobe

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I feel numb. My family followed his career for 20 years. We yelled and rooted for the Lakers every playoff year. We felt like he was a part of our family. When I saw the news on my phone app I prayed it was a hoax. A sad day for all of us. :cry:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash; 13-year-old daughter Gianna also reportedly among victims
Cassandra Negley
Cassandra Negley
Writer
Yahoo SportsJanuary 26, 2020, 11:45 AM PST

Kobe Bryant dead at 41
Yahoo Sports Videos
5e2e0e77da8e8308da2c5246_o_U_v2.jpg

Scroll back up to restore default view.
Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash in Calabasas, California, Sunday morning, Yahoo Sports confirmed. His daughter, Gianna, was also on board as was another player and parent en route to a travel basketball game, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported.
Bryant played his entire 20-year career for the Los Angeles Lakers and won five NBA championships prior to retiring in 2016. He was named Finals MVP twice and league MVP in 2008. Bryant was 41.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department responded to reports of a helicopter that crashed into a hillside and caught fire, NBC Los Angeles reported. The crash was called in at 9:47 a.m. local time, per the report, and flames that spread a quarter acre were put out by 10:30. The fire department reported no survivors.
The helicopter, a Sikorsky S-76, crashed under unknown circumstances with five people on board, according to the Federal Aviation Administration. An investigation is ongoing.
CNN’s transportation expert said the flight data shows the helicopter tightly circling downtown Los Angeles before heading out to Calabasas. It departed John Wayne International Airport and followed U.S. Route 101 before turning left toward the Calabasas hills, per a compiled Aviation Safety Network report.
Flighttrader shared the path on Twitter and Eric Leonard of NBC Los Angeles has the radar track.

Bryant and his wife, Vanessa, have four daughters: Gianna, Natalia, Bianca and Capri, who was born in June 2019.
TMZ first reported the news.
Kobe’s daughter, Gianna, reportedly on board
Gianna Bryant, Kobe’s 13-year-old daughter, was one of the four passengers killed in the crash, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported.

Gianna is also a basketball player and coached by her dad. He credited her with getting him back into watching the game and they’ve been seen courtside and NBA and WNBA games over the past few months. He proudly spoke about his daughter and what she would bring to her own legacy on the Jimmy Kimmel show in October 2018.

Kobe Bryant was killed in a helicopter crash, per reports. (Lintao Zhang/Getty Images)

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Thread in General Sports Talk.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Fucking tragic. And the two kids on board... Jesus. RIP.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Sad day.

Actually horrible.

This was a big loss for a lot of people.

Laker Nation lost one of it's greatest sons and so did NBA Nation.

Fucking horrible. And a 13 year old too.

Ugh.

Enjoy beautiful things as they last.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
think it's being reported now that there were 9 on board

Memento

Name
Jemma
Now they're reporting nine people on board. I swear, I'm gonna be sick.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I was a Lakers fan before I was a Rams fan. This shakes me to my core.

An amazing athlete, husband, father and man. One of the best, if not the best, redemption stories of our times.

Yes, the Sheriff is reporting now 9 fatalities.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Here's to you #8/24 you embodied competitive sports and were an icon for my boys. Love and respect Kobe.

11745.jpeg