Kenny Young Traded

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Kenny Young is the third leading tackler on the team. He’s fast too. They must love Brown. I guess this is the time to gamble but damn the ilb room looks thin.
And we finally got it "shored up" after they were bad last year.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Its a little weird. But paired with the Havenstein restructure you have to wonder if we are getting ready to trade for somebody.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams free up 3+ mil in cap space with Havenstien restructure couple days ago. Trade away Kenny Young today. I smell another move coming. Who takes Young's roster spot?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Huh, that's an interesting one. Put me in the "they must have something in the works." camp, makes a lot more sense in that context.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A trade for Myles Jack would be interesting, but the NFL might have to officially designate the Jags as the Rams minor league club at that point.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He would have signed elsewhere in free agency; and might have gotten-back a late round 2023 comp pick.

This trade nets a move-up of about 40 spots late in the 2024 Draft (Rams' seventh for the Broncos' sixth); and leaves the Rams very thin at ILB ... unless there is something brewing.
If we'd cut him we wouldn't have got a comp pick in return it's only for players that play out their contract and leave in free agency. As for something else brewing what? We have minimal money available and Denver has about 5 times as much and could have easily gone elsewhere if another ILB was available and here's the list of guys that are free agents next year. These guys like Young are the ones typically traded.

Here's the list of top paid ILB's this current year we really have to go down to about Jarrad Davis for guys we can afford realistically without more cuts.

It's is a very real possibility this was a 2 part move. One to cut some salary and 2 to clear the way for Jones to start.

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1452705634189647874

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1452707276096098305

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1452713684610916355

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have not been a Young fan this year. He seems to do ok in space,
But when it comes to lining up on a run play and finding and filling the correct gap
he has been horrendous.
That being said Reeder is worse. Poor tackling , Poor pursuit angles to tackles
I haven't been happy with either

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1452705634189647874?s=20

Agreed. And, if you are unhappy with a guy like Young, just bench him. Later on, if the rookie gets hurt, you'll be glad you still have someone with talent to put in. You really don't want to see the street free agent types starting for you in December.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Agreed. And, if you are unhappy with a guy like Young, just bench him. Later on, if the rookie gets hurt, you'll be glad you still have someone with talent to put in. You really don't want to see the street free agent types starting for you in December.
I'm not sure were done making moves.

RamWoodie

Legend
I don't particularly like it...but I'm willing to stand down in a "wait and see" mode for now.

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
ShovelPass is nice enough to post Snap Counts every Monday, so I went back and checked Kenny Young's Percentage of defensive plays per game; and the results are interesting.

Game 1 (Bears) ... 100% of the defensive snaps
Game 2 (Colts) ... 64% but this was the game he was ejected
Game 3 (Bucs) ... 100%
Game 4 (Cardinals) ... 99%

Here's where it gets interesting

Game 5 (Seahawks) ... 65%
Game 6 (Giants) ... 56%
Game 7 (Lions) ... 55%

So, Young was essentially playing every single snap on defense until the Arizona game; and then his snaps are cut-down significantly, and then further reduced. Seems like the Rams had quickly moved-off him.

I just hope the solution is not, like yesterday, more Reeder in passing situations.

Last edited:

Ellard80

Legend
The restructure of Havenstein yesterday plus this move makes me feel a trade is in the works .

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
If we'd cut him we wouldn't have got a comp pick in return it's only for players that play out their contract and leave in free agency.
No, I understand that.

I'm saying why cut him at all?

As I posted above, if they want to start Jones ... terrific.
However, keep Young around for depth and insurance in case of injury. They only have 3 ILBs right now; and none on the PS.

So keep him for the remainder of the season and then his contract expires; and he becomes a free agent and signs elsewhere.

Without a corresponding move, it seems like an odd trade.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Snead felt bad for stealing Justin Hollins from the Broncos so he gave them Young for what amounts to as the equivalent of a 9th round pick

Psycho_X

Legend
Random. Hopefully for some surprise, kick ass Snead move we don't know about yet.
Real Housewives Of Atlanta Ok GIF