Kenny Young Traded

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We save the remainder of his $2 million base pay. Lets be honest in the off season he was one of the top candidates to be let go to save money and it happened about mid season. You have to think Jones gets the nod but you never know.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

All do respect to Mike Klis (Broncos insider), but they already had "room" for Ernest Jones.

The Rams could have just started Jones and moved Young into a reserve role, keeping him around for depth/insurance in case of injury. Right now, I think the only ILBs are Reeder, Jones and Howard; and those three are not inter-changeable. Plus, I don't think there is an ILB on the Practice Squad.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
This one is a serious head scratcher. Sure hope there’s another part of this equation.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I’d rather they had traded Reeder. Young makes plays. He stuffed one of the Lions fourth down tried on his own. He plays fast and tackles well. This is a very strange move.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
We save the remainder of his $2 million base pay. Lets be honest in the off season he was one of the top candidates to be let go to save money and it happened about mid season. You have to think Jones gets the nod but you never know.
He would have signed elsewhere in free agency; and might have gotten-back a late round 2023 comp pick.

This trade nets a move-up of about 40 spots late in the 2024 Draft (Rams' seventh for the Broncos' sixth); and leaves the Rams very thin at ILB ... unless there is something brewing.

dang

Legend
There’s obviously something brewing. I hope it’s to shore up the run defense but it could be to add another CB.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

kenny young, goes to sleep - "yes, we're 6 and 1".

kenny young, wakes up in the morning, gets a call from les snead - "oh no, we're 3 and 4".

TheBunk

Rookie
I’d rather they had traded Reeder. Young makes plays. He stuffed one of the Lions fourth down tried on his own. He plays fast and tackles well. This is a very strange move.
Didn't Reeder pick of Wentz in the end zone when we played the Colts?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I never thought Young was part of the defensive problems. This one is a head scratcher. Unless they have more moves planned. Remember when they traded Marcus Peters? There was a reason for that and we all know what that was.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Broncos might have asked the Rams to give up the 6th to take Reeder. :laugh4:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

kenny young, goes to sleep - "yes, we're 6 and 1".

kenny young, wakes up in the morning, gets a call from les snead - "oh no, we're 3 and 4".

And going from mild weather to....

giphy.gif