Kareem Hunt Speculation Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have a hard time believing that any NFL trade story is going to be broken by someone with less than 100,000 Twitter followers, while escaping the attention of all the attention-hounds in the "mainstream" of sports media who are constantly fighting to scoop each other.

Of course, there is that whole concept of tree rodents with ocular disabilities procuring quercus samples on occasion, so...
Wow! Digging deep into that fertile mind….or maybe a Thesaurus

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We won a superbowl with these same RB’s, Williams should provide the Sony factor when he gets back.

I would love some juice like Hunt but priority need to be edge. The Von Miller hole is massive.
I see the opposing view. Defense is rated #3 right now, but if we don’t get some semblance of a run game, Stafford will be in a wheelchair before the end of the season. I started a thread before the season started asking about our comfort with the durability of our RB room…yes we drafted the Notre Dame stud, but I’m unwilling to risk the rest of the season on the shoulders of a rookie that has played on ST play before getting injured. We need help to make play action serviceable again.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Point is, there are no guarantees that a 2nd round back will amount to more than a proven player.
Okay, but they also come with a rookie contract. Hunt is hitting FA after the year. He's not worth a second.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay, but they also come with a rookie contract. Hunt is hitting FA after the year. He's not worth a second.
I dont think Hunt is worth a second, my point had nothing to do with him. I dont think drafting an RB in 2nd round is any type of guarantee, if it was then Akers would be our guy.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I haven't given up on Cam Akers yet, especially as a back-up RB. He looked pretty strong and plenty fast enough last year after he came back from the injury, so I really don't think he's lost a step. And the other backs haven't proven they're reliable, so I wouldn't give him away for nothing. Now, if he yelled at McVay in front of the team... that's another story. But I would not give up a HIGH draft pick for another back. It's been a tough year for the Rams, so I'm not surprised that some frustration has set in, but Cam may come in handy towards the end of the season. Again, I just don't want them to give him away for nothing. JMO

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I haven't given up on Cam Akers yet, especially as a back-up RB. He looked pretty strong and plenty fast enough last year after he came back from the injury, so I really don't think he's lost a step. And the other backs haven't proven they're reliable, so I wouldn't give him away for nothing. Now, if he yelled at McVay in front of the team... that's another story. But I would not give up a HIGH draft pick for another back. It's been a tough year for the Rams, so I'm not surprised that some frustration has set in, but Cam may come in handy towards the end of the season. Again, I just don't want them to give him away for nothing. JMO
I want to agree with this, however I feel like once McVay is "done" with a guy, there's no coming back.
I would expect to see Akers waived if not traded by the deadline. Hope I'm wrong

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Which specific video addresses this?

Seems like a questionable source TBH
The first video it goes to was 9 months ago. I don't think anyone wants to sit through 7 or 8 half hour videos to find it. If its there.

fearsomefour

Legend
I wouldn't give anything but a very low pick for Hunt.....I personally wouldn't give any pick for him actually. But, if it had to be done, a low pick would be the limit for me.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Signing Hunt or any RB should be seriously entertained based on our current RB room. Hunt by far is the most talented RB available that is an actual 3-down back.