Kaepernick agrees on extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
bill.gif

Big fan of this deal!

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Well then... Guess I'm in the minority thinking he's a pretty good player haha. I hope he struggles, but I think this forum really doesn't give the man enough credit. He knows how to win, and was pretty close in the SB too. He'll probably going to keep learning and getting better, he's still young. Doesn't help that the team is surrounding him with better talent. :mad:

Better talent? The team's been loaded since he got there.

It's the only reason why you have the outlook you do in the first part of your post.

Well then... Guess I'm in the minority thinking he's a pretty good player haha. I hope he struggles, but I think this forum really doesn't give the man enough credit. He knows how to win, and was pretty close in the SB too. He'll probably going to keep learning and getting better, he's still young. Doesn't help that the team is surrounding him with better talent. :mad:

He's a slightly above average player, not worth $21m per, and that Super Bowl team is the most talented their going to get.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think we got something for all his running. He won't do it much against us anymore. It will hurt too much!

FRO

Legend
He took over a team that barely lost in a conference championship game. So he inherited a great team. Probably the best offensive line in the game. A RB like Gore, receivers like Davis and Crabtree. Then they got him Bolden. Guy is surrounded by talent. Also he is older than Bradford.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
the talent is going to start to go down as they wont be able to afford good players like they have been while paying their QB $1 mil a season.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
They probably think that he capable of doing that... which is why you pay that kind of money. Its no different for any other QB... he has to learn to play from the pocket... outside of the pocket he is outstanding. Against the Seahawks they held him in check passing all game. The Hawks also slammed the Niners run game. The only reason they were in the game offensively and lead throughout was because of his ability to make plays with his legs

The only thing to like about it is the money they have now tied up ...but he like Sam has a rocket arm, can make any throw, is smart... and unlike Sam is very athletic and can make plays with his feet... huge ones.

I'd rather him not be a 49er... because his upside makes me ill
I'm sure they think he's capable. Just was kind of wondering why they would bank on it when it's anything but certain. Even Steve Young said it's something he has to learn to do because the other aspect of his game is the one that can be removed from the equation. I'm not bagging on the guy (except to say it's awesome that they're tying that much money up in him). And I'm not quite sure why you had to throw Bradford in there when making your player comparisons though. We're not talking about him.

A55VA6

Legend
He is a good player. But nowhere near that contract.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
They probably think that he capable of doing that... which is why you pay that kind of money. Its no different for any other QB... he has to learn to play from the pocket... outside of the pocket he is outstanding. Against the Seahawks they held him in check passing all game. The Hawks also slammed the Niners run game. The only reason they were in the game offensively and lead throughout was because of his ability to make plays with his legs

The only thing to like about it is the money they have now tied up ...but he like Sam has a rocket arm, can make any throw, is smart... and unlike Sam is very athletic and can make plays with his feet... huge ones.

I'd rather him not be a 49er... because his upside makes me ill
I was about to start counting down you make somekind of post about how Colin Caepernick is the greatest QB of all time and blah blah blah... looks like you beat me to it.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Wow! Webster's just updated their dictionary.

Overpay: to pay (someone) more money for a job than is deserved

Synonym: Colin Kaepernick

Example: The 49ers overpaid Kaepernick for his new contract extension.

Picture:
image.jpg

ED_29

I'm sure they think he's capable. Just was kind of wondering why they would bank on it when it's anything but certain. Even Steve Young said it's something he has to learn to do because the other aspect of his game is the one that can be removed from the equation. I'm not bagging on the guy (except to say it's awesome that they're tying that much money up in him). And I'm not quite sure why you had to throw Bradford in there when making your player comparisons though. We're not talking about him.

I threw in Bradford because the Rams have made a similar investment and like the Rams he has a big arm, is tall, can make every throw and is extremely smart... they are banking on the issues they have had at WR and his ability to play from the pocket are connected

I pretty much said that in my original response though

ED_29

Wow! Webster's just updated their dictionary.

Overpay: to pay (someone) more money for a job than is deserved

Synonym: Colin Kaepernick

Example: The 49ers overpaid Kaepernick for his new contract extension.

Picture: View attachment 1973

IDK... when your team goes to a SB and is within a throw of winning it outright and then loses the NFC Championship to the Hawks on the road the next year... its hard for me to say that they overpaid

What it does though is even the playing field in terms of the salary they have to pay out. That's for sure... and that is a good thing

Last edited by a moderator:

ED_29

I was about to start counting down you make somekind of post about how Colin Caepernick is the greatest QB of all time and blah blah blah... looks like you beat me to it.

yeah that's what I said lol!... I should have started counting down you getting sensitive about me having a different opinion about him than you do

I don't know anything about him being the greatest QB of all time. I do know that I wish he wasn't their QB

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
IDK... when your team goes to a SB and is within a throw of winning it outright and then loses the NFC Championship to the Hawks on the road the next year... its hard for me to say that they overpaid

What it does though is even the playing field in terms of the salary they have to pay out. That's for sure... and that is a good thing
I+hate+this+post+so+much+_0bb5b1c3ba3d9846bc432c65aa97aadf.gif