Joseph Noteboom the athletic post raider game article

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
“He’s one of those guys that, honestly, he’s got the right character and attitude to be a really good football player,” Whitworth said.

That to me says a lot, right there. Not just the comment, but who made it.

Even before preseason, there seemed to be a cautious buzz around Noteboom. It’s nice to see that continue.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
We all agree on NOteboom.....he will be ok if he plays this year....and that makes me feel confident if Whit can't go.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A very good performance by the backup OLine especially Noteboom.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very enthused about the oline in this game (run blocking was good game 1 too)
And Noteboom really looks good.

JYB

Starter
The idea that the Rams could hit the lottery on a 4th round pick and nail a LT of the future is so unlikely that I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.

A 4th round pick who is ALREADY better than Greg Robinson ever was. ::)

fearsomefour

Legend
He is a skater.
First time an O lineman being on ice skates is a good think, haha.
Seriously though, it helps explain his balance.
Grob was always lunging and losing his feet, playing without balance. Noteboom shows excellent balance. I'm sure Grob is a better athlete but at some point a guy has to have actual skills and technique.
I've been very impressed with Noteboom.
Allen has been solid.
Demby less so. But, they certainly have some potential with Demby.
Being able to dress Noteboom, Allen and Blythe gives the Rams great flexibility along the OL in terms of depth.
The Rams usually dress 8 OL on game days I think.
Noteboom provides depth at both T spots as does Saffold.
Allen and Blythe provide depth on all three interior positions.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We all agree on NOteboom.....he will be ok if he plays this year....and that makes me feel confident if Whit can't go.
I'm this minus a little bit of optimism lol .I love Noteboom, Demby, and Allen but I hope none of them have to play important minutes until at least next year .

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Disagree on Demby he had several mental lapses today. Hopefully he reviews tape and can improve himself.
He was out of position right? Maybe he's better suited to stay at guard.

TexasRam

Legend
He was out of position right? Maybe he's better suited to stay at guard.

i was able to rewatch the game just now.

Demby’s mishaps were at RT. he is just not quick enough to handle faster DE’s.

i think he can have a nice Career
at guard as he shows power and uses his wide body well, but he will
need a little work on his hand engagement.

Noteboom looks like a seasoned Veteran with his quickness and technique, i can see him getting the start at RG while brown is out.

Allen is able to get push and is quick afoot as a guard shooting to the second level but needs a lot of work in pass protection and may never see starting time as a Ram as his pass protection has so far to go.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Noteboom put up a second straight solid outing. He is just super quick with his feet. I see him definitely as a LT. Doesn't show huge push like the greats but has the makings of a future solid starting LT.

I didn't get to review Demby today yet but I did see him with one mishap at least. He was coming off a really good game vs the Ravens so hoping for good things. He has the skills and build for the position, may need some growth.

Brian Allen- Better game but doesn't appear to me to have the size to be a starter. Blythe and Eldenkamp are light years ahead of him.
I disagree. Allen looked good, not great, but good, as he maintained his balance and leverage, and that will be a big help in overcoming his lack of size. Eldrenkamp was late and weak in his blocking, and at times looked confused as to what his assignment actually was. Keep in mind though, he also played OT.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

need a little work on his hand engagement.

Noteboom looks like a seasoned Veteran with his quickness and technique, i can see him getting the start at RG while brown is out.

Allen is able to get push and is quick afoot as a guard shooting to the second level but needs a lot of work in pass protection and may never see starting time as a Ram as his pass protection has so far to go.
Cheers . If we come out of this with a starting left tackle, guard, and depth at center I'll be ecstatic .

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I disagree. Allen looked good, not great, but good, as he maintained his balance and leverage, and that will be a big help in overcoming his lack of size. Eldrenkamp was late and weak in his blocking, and at times looked confused as to what his assignment actually was. Keep in mind though, he also played OT.

Anyone who doesn't think Allen played well yesterday wasn't paying attention. He might have been the top graded guy on the unit tbh, he's in that mix. I can't remember him being beaten, he was knocked back a little from time to time (especially by the round 2 pick the Raiders had in there that they were moving around) but held his ground. Sealed off the run game. Sealed in the pass game. If it wasn't for the greater miracle of the Rams maybe finding a starting LT in round four he'd be gettin all kinds of buzz right now.

He looked equally good at OG, but holding it down at C to include line calls was just extremely impressive.

Oh and re: his size... That dude has like 200 lbs in his ass alone. He isn't really undersized, he's a damn fireplug in the manner of the old school centers. And that's part of his leverage advantage IMO. Dude is strong in his core and doesn't get overpowered.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
M. Hurst was giving Allen a good battle if I recall correctly

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

As to Demby I concur with your assessment and in fact, was referred to as Rodger Saffold Lite by our own @Memento which I thought was right on target. I believe as Demby develops, he might be able to play RT, but right now, he's a guard and seems more comfortable inside.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
M. Hurst was giving Allen a good battle if I recall correctly

P.J. Hall was the dude I was alluding to. He's gonna be a player for the Raiders. Incredibly quick punch off the snap, just crazy, needs to work his mechanics to follow that first step.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I kept an eye on DWilliams and Lucas. Can't say they played better than the rookies. they need to step up their game if they want to make the roster.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Demby did look overmatched at RT, sure looks like a good fit as a backup G. With Brown out the first 2 games, a roster spot will be open. Lucas or Williams look to be inline for that spot until Brown is active. Noteboom, Blythe, Allen have the other 3 backup spots locked down, IMO.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Demby did look overmatched at RT, sure looks like a good fit as a backup G. With Brown out the first 2 games, a roster spot will be open. Lucas or Williams look to be inline for that spot until Brown is active. Noteboom, Blythe, Allen have the other 3 backup spots locked down, IMO.

I expect a backup center/guard to make the squad too. Allen is likely the center of the future and could handle it now - but a game day active reserve needs to play multiple positions, and I don't think Allen is ready to backup guard.