Jonah Jackson injury

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
Doom time?
Naw it's

1722535215741.png

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We must have short-term memory because as I recall, Noteboom absolutely sucked at guard and was only a fair left tackle.
Since he's a veteran, high draft pick and now a second stringer, the coaches seem to agree.
Boom is a fine backup at all spots but center.

I have given the dude a lot of criticism over the years, particularly in his guard performances early on. And power rushers remain his weakness. But he has improved to the point he could start at multiple spots. Not excel, but he can get the job done and that is very valuable on a depth chart.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
He stayed healthy over his first two seasons, then missed 9 out of 34 games in the last two. Not sure that is fairly described as “can’t stay healthy.”
Just remember that when he keeps missing gms. Especially the important ones.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I have a bad feeling about Jonah Jackson. It is just a gut thing for me right now that I hope is indigestion. Hate to even admit it or type it at this point but it's the truth.

I love his tape. Love how he plays. And the question of whether he's a win as a signing comes down to whether he's available for us during the playoffs. We need to hit the playoffs with enough health basically and he's part of that equation I think. If we hit the playoffs healthy, and he's part of a dominant OL and we win another title, then it's a win as a signing for sure.

But some guys struggle to live up to big contracts. And it's the ones who have those nagging injury histories who seem to struggle in that regard. Also I respect the philosophy of the Detroit leadership, I think they see things the right way and they knew him and let him walk. So we'll see. Not saying the guy's gonna be a FA bust. Just concerned for no good reason so I hope he returns and has a great season for us.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Well…aren’t you a ray of sunshine!
I just don't have blind faith brother. I've seen him miss important gms that ended up as loses. Specifically the nfccg. That's a red flag for me. Other than that I have zero issue with jonah. Great player when he's available.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I have a bad feeling about Jonah Jackson. It is just a gut thing for me right now that I hope is indigestion. Hate to even admit it or type it at this point but it's the truth.

I love his tape. Love how he plays. And the question of whether he's a win as a signing comes down to whether he's available for us during the playoffs. We need to hit the playoffs with enough health basically and he's part of that equation I think. If we hit the playoffs healthy, and he's part of a dominant OL and we win another title, then it's a win as a signing for sure.

But some guys struggle to live up to big contracts. And it's the ones who have those nagging injury histories who seem to struggle in that regard. Also I respect the philosophy of the Detroit leadership, I think they see things the right way and they knew him and let him walk. So we'll see. Not saying the guy's gonna be a FA bust. Just concerned for no good reason so I hope he returns and has a great season for us.

TALK about HALF Full ? I guess my question is is this reoccurring? I’m not going to get to worried right now.I’d say AJack is the concern if Johan isn’t 100%
—Like I’ve said a long that having Joesph Noteboom as The 6th Man helps like taking tums

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Guy missed OTAs and most of camp now... not ideal.

But not the end of the world. Put this in the DO NOT LIKE category.
He has a 3 year contract- WTF? Plus he was at OTA’s. Getting 100% for the season is the goal.It’s not like he is a rookie who has no idea what The NFL is all about.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Lions let J Jackson walk due to his penchant for being unavailable with multiple injuries over his career. They wanted someone more reliable.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Let's not go all pessimistic just yet. It's only for the preseason, according to McVay. Let's see how J-Jax does in the regular season after recovery.

TexasRam

Legend
I’m just trying to be optimistic when i say I am not worried.

JJ does have an injury history so it’s easy to get worried.

Saffold overcame injury history and so could JJ.

I’d much rather have the injury now then Later in the season and I would much rather have this injury then a career or season ending one.

It’s all about that playoff run baby.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Jackson has bruised shoulder and that is going to keep him out? At this point is there anyone not banged and bruised a little and expecting to be that way until February??

Might as well say he’s getting some vet time. Not really doing anything between now and September anyway. Take some time, get some more mental reps and be available in Detroit.

They want to build as the season goes, keep stacking blocks.

Still not worried

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
My guess is the Rams are having a more physical training camp than usual, and players are adjusting and getting dinged as a result. Especially up front.

Just a theory.