Jonah Jackson injury

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
He wasn't going to be playing anyway in preseason. With the injury update, I would assume he will get back to practice prior to our opener
I bet he stays on the injury list as a "gametime" decision right up until gameday no matter his actual condition.

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
The Rams history of bad luck and this seasons unfortunate injury line up so far is getting worrisome. I know it's a long season and we have depth, yada yada, but please let the rams have better luck going forward, starting.... now! go rams.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
He wasn't going to be playing anyway in preseason. With the injury update, I would assume he will get back to practice prior to our opener

No but he’s losing valuable reps in practice. We need that O-Line to be one cohesive unit

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
The Rams history of bad luck and this seasons unfortunate injury line up so far is getting worrisome. I know it's a long season and we have depth, yada yada, but please let the rams have better luck going forward, starting.... now! go rams.
Yes, starting NOW because the schedule starts out with 5 straight NFC teams.
This is not the year to start out injured.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
How I see some of you...

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Any injuries suck but they are a part of the game.

Of the Rams' 22 starters in 2023, only 7 started every game; and, that does not reflect any one who played the first sixteen games, before sitting-out the 49ers game to close-out the Regular Season.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Nah. Move Avila back to LG and put Limmer at C.
If he's on IR I could see this as a possibility but I can't see how they'll do that for preseason or even a few games. Avila stays at Center probably even if JJ were to go on IR too unless the LG option just drops trou.

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, hell. Nobody said it was going to be easy to win the Super Bowl this year but that's why we get to keep 53. Don't worry about it. Might be a blessing in disguise. Our roster is much deeper than it has been I think.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Aleric Jackson's injury is not that serious. J Jackson's will take a couple weeks for full recovery, but he wasn't going get many more snaps before the season starts anyway. Now backups are going to get lots of work.
Notebook will take over LT, who will take over J Jackson's spot? McClendon? Bruss? Miller? Larson?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Jonah Jackson has a shoulder injury, a team source said, and will miss some time although there is optimism that recovery won’t stretch significantly into the regular season.

Then you have this so who knows

View: https://x.com/AdamGrosbard/status/1818695167521751157

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rams say Jackson is day to day with a shoulder injury. More of an update expected tomorrow when Sean McVay speaks with media <a href="https://t.co/SHvDJorLUN">https://t.co/SHvDJorLUN</a></p>&mdash; Adam Grosbard (@AdamGrosbard) <a href="
View: https://twitter.com/AdamGrosbard/status/1818744351662747934?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
">July 31, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:

WestCoastRam

Legend
Aleric Jackson's injury is not that serious. J Jackson's will take a couple weeks for full recovery, but he wasn't going get many more snaps before the season starts anyway. Now backups are going to get lots of work.
Notebook will take over LT, who will take over J Jackson's spot? McClendon? Bruss? Miller? Larson?
Thomas and Accuri getting all the reps there at least since Jackson out per Jourdan.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Expect him to miss at least a couple gms this season. Dude can't stay healthy.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Expect him to miss at least a couple gms this season. Dude can't stay healthy
He stayed healthy over his first two seasons, then missed 9 out of 34 games in the last two. Not sure that is fairly described as “can’t stay healthy.”

oldnotdead

Legend
Limmer makes the most sense. This gives them the option of moving Avila to LG for a game or two and start Limmer at C. Or simply let Beaux start at LG until Jackson returns. Limmer makes the most sense. He's better blocking on the second level than Noteboom, more mobile than McClendon. He plays with a mean streak.

No matter what they have a few weeks to get it sorted out

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Oh jeez. I hope the injury bug ain't starting early. Hopefully its nothing that causes him to miss the first game in Detroit.
Better now than latter.There’s a lot of time still.He does need that gtime to jell though with the offense.
The Rams need to find there depth chart & will give other players a chance to step up.
There is going to be a lot of tough CUTS , & the hope is a couple players emerge from training camp & preseason.
—Getting the starters healthy by Game 1 & ready to GO!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Limmer makes the most sense. This gives them the option of moving Avila to LG for a game or two and start Limmer at C. Or simply let Beaux start at LG until Jackson returns. Limmer makes the most sense. He's better blocking on the second level than Noteboom, more mobile than McClendon. He plays with a mean streak.

No matter what they have a few weeks to get it sorted out

In THEORY you maybe right,in reality Limmer is 2nd string who might not make the squad?
—You tout Macallister all offseason
& now you have him being cut.

I saw Ryan Wendell & told him he had some be uts to make .That his built some good relationships with his players.He takes pride in that & we’ll see what happens.

Noteboom was playing some real good guard last season. He is next guy up.

Maybe later in the season what your saying about Limmer might be The Truth & what’s best for The Rams & there future.

-good post , short & sweet,unlike me more often than not.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Bummer. Hope he's ok.

Since it is camp I would take long looks at Thomas, Limmer and McAllister. I'd try to keep Boom as fresh as possible.
We must have short-term memory because as I recall, Noteboom absolutely sucked at guard and was only a fair left tackle.
Since he's a veteran, high draft pick and now a second stringer, the coaches seem to agree.