Jonah Jackson injury

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Oh jeez. I hope the injury bug ain't starting early. Hopefully its nothing that causes him to miss the first game in Detroit.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Ugh. Really hope to hear its minor. A labrum or something would really throw a wrench into our plans for a dominating interior OL.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Bummer. Hope he's ok.

Since it is camp I would take long looks at Thomas, Limmer and McAllister. I'd try to keep Boom as fresh as possible.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Episode 5 Reaction GIF by Heels

It’s still July.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Other OL I thought did well, Warren McClenden at RT strong guy, Mike McAllister might be pushing Limmer for backup C, and Logan Bruss looks much better. He might even have a chance to make the team i he shows in pre-season.
We're gonna see a lot from these backups in pre-season.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Logan Bruss looks much better
First time I've noted someone complimenting him. I like reading it and if true then he should be a no-brainer to slide into that role while Jackson rests up or whatever.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
It's early. I'd rather get all the little nagging injuries out of the way now to dominate during the season.
Right? Most upper body injuries can heal before latter half of the season. That being said, it's most unfortunate it happened along the o line. Continuity is king in the trenches imo.

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's kind of a weird injury but glad it's nothing serious. I get a pinched nerve along my scapula every now and then and it's amazing how everything you do involves that area and muscle group. Can't even take a deep breath without whole body freezing up from pain. Get well Jackson we need you for the long haul.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah. Move Avila back to LG and put Limmer at C.
Problem with that is the OL needs to be conditioned to respond as a unit to the center calls. Avila has been back to the position and sharpening his skills there and getting everyone on one page under his calls, so I don't know that it's wise to fuck with that.

Jackson will return. So logically it is easier and less impacting to the line overall to have a depth interior OL step up for a brief window and then you also use that to sort who's your preferred first guy off the bench in that regard.

Some will say that person is Boom. But I would prefer to have an iOL for the interior spots and reserve Boom for the tackle spots.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Problem with that is the OL needs to be conditioned to respond as a unit to the center calls. Avila has been back to the position and sharpening his skills there and getting everyone on one page under his calls, so I don't know that it's wise to fuck with that.

Jackson will return. So logically it is easier and less impacting to the line overall to have a depth interior OL step up for a brief window and then you also use that to sort who's your preferred first guy off the bench in that regard.

Some will say that person is Boom. But I would prefer to have an iOL for the interior spots and reserve Boom for the tackle spots.
Bubble wrap for Boom! ~ Merlin

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
He wasn't going to be playing anyway in preseason. With the injury update, I would assume he will get back to practice prior to our opener