Jim Harbaugh HC, to the LA Chargers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
First, it was a comment on a lot of things in general. Not just this thread. It has to do with this plus whining about Lions dirty hits, some Rams player getting snubbed, Morris, McVay, officials, and all that. All fans do it some, but when it gets incessant it looks worse for the complainer ... hence the Karen comparison.

You seem to think this was directed at you, specifically. It wasn't, But if it hits close enough to home for you to react this way then it's really a "you" think. Has nothing to do with me.

Well, since it was not directed at anyone this is an odd reaction by you. It's fine if you want to be mad at football but if you are part of the Karen complaint culture and it struck home, that is fine. It may help you in the long run.

Aubrey Plaza Ok GIF by truTV’s The Chris Gethard Show

Sure, that'll be happening when you do the same.
You are the one throwing out the insults. You did it first. Otherwise I had no problem with you, up until that point. I actually like most of your posts. But you are pushing boundaries by randomly calling names. If you don’t direct it at a specific person, it doesn’t erase that it’s an insult and you know it will land somewhere. You directed at a group of people.

It’s odd that you insult anyone that doesn’t like Harbaugh and think nobody should take offense to it. Why wouldn’t they? Do you like being called names? Harbaugh is a total asshole in my opinion. I felt that way back when he coached the 49ers. Then some of his rule breaking at Michigan backed it up. I don’t know why it offends you unless you are a Michigan fan or know him personally.

You still don’t know what a Karen is apparently either, but that’s fine.

It also struck a nerve for me, because you are relatively new here and openly are breaking forum rules. That’s why I said play nice. One negative comment usually begets another. It’s a simple concept to understand. I know that you can do it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Doubt it. If he made Kaepernick look like a good quarterback, he will do wonders for Herbert. Everyone can hate him all they want, and I certainly understand the distain for him, but ol Jim has been a winner everywhere he goes. He’s a good coach and his track record proves it. It’s a great move for a team that has to face Patty Mahomes for the next “x” amount of years.
I think Kaepernick’s success was mostly Greg Roman’s doing, and the fact that they used the read option offense, which was new to the NFL and defensive coordinators weren’t sure how to defend it. It was Greg Williams and Jeff Fisher who figured that if Kaepernick tucks it and runs, then he is essentially a runningback and can be hit like one. That was the beginning of the end for Kaepernick’s read option offense. Once he had to read defenses and stay in the pocket he was not good. At one point Roman tried only giving him half field reads to simplify things.

So Kaepernick’s success was more of a gimmick than him actually being good.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
You are the one throwing out the insults. You did it first. Otherwise I had no problem with you, up until that point. I actually like most of your posts. But you are pushing boundaries by randomly calling names. If you don’t direct it at a specific person, it doesn’t erase that it’s an insult and you know it will land somewhere. You directed at a group of people.
Yes. And they deserve it an it is allowed. It was not at you. it jus happened to be in a thread you were posting in.

It’s odd that you insult anyone that doesn’t like Harbaugh and think nobody should take offense to it. Why wouldn’t they? Do you like being called names? Harbaugh is a total asshole in my opinion. I felt that way back when he coached the 49ers. Then some of his rule breaking at Michigan backed it up. I don’t know why it offends you unless you are a Michigan fan or know him personally.
It was not just about Harbaugh critics. I couldn't care less about him one way or another. I just used a response to a Harbaugh to make comment on all the complaining I have seen on various topics lately.

And I liked it to people wanting to see the manager over their barista being bad or rude or whatever. It was not directed at one person, nor restricted to Harbaugh's critics. I am not a Michigan fan or a Michigan hater.

You still don’t know what a Karen is apparently either, but that’s fine.
Well, that's your opinion. I think I do know. We disagree.

It also struck a nerve for me, because you are relatively new here and openly are breaking forum rules. That’s why I said play nice. One negative comment usually begets another. It’s a simple concept to understand. I know that you can do it.
If you think anything I post is out of bounds, report it.

I cannot help it if it struck a nerve with you. If I say something not directed at anyone in particular and you get offended, well, that is something I cannot control

And I don't take offense to negative comments. I respond with my opinion on the matter. But in reading the rules, in no way do I see that post as against them. Maybe if I said someone specifically was a Karen, like someone said XYZ stinks and I quoted them in the response and personally and said "Don't be a Karen" then I can see your point.

This was not even a response to a response that had you in it. So, if you want to think it was about you, that is your right. But it wasn't and as I said, not even limited to Harbaugh --- had to do with that and all the other things I mentioned in the first response.

If I wanted to make a negative comment toward you, you'd know it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yes. And they deserve it an it is allowed. It was not at you. it jus happened to be in a thread you were posting in.

It was not just about Harbaugh critics. I couldn't care less about him one way or another. I just used a response to a Harbaugh to make comment on all the complaining I have seen on various topics lately.

And I liked it to people wanting to see the manager over their barista being bad or rude or whatever. It was not directed at one person, nor restricted to Harbaugh's critics. I am not a Michigan fan or a Michigan hater.

Well, that's your opinion. I think I do know. We disagree.

If you think anything I post is out of bounds, report it.

I cannot help it if it struck a nerve with you. If I say something not directed at anyone in particular and you get offended, well, that is something I cannot control

And I don't take offense to negative comments. I respond with my opinion on the matter. But in reading the rules, in no way do I see that post as against them. Maybe if I said someone specifically was a Karen, like someone said XYZ stinks and I quoted them in the response and personally and said "Don't be a Karen" then I can see your point.

This was not even a response to a response that had you in it. So, if you want to think it was about you, that is your right. But it wasn't and as I said, not even limited to Harbaugh --- had to do with that and all the other things I mentioned in the first response.

If I wanted to make a negative comment toward you, you'd know it.
It was on the Harbaugh thread. And I know that it wasn’t directed at me because I hadn’t posted on that thread yet. But I picked up on the generalization. However it’s not constructive criticism nor is it attacking a post. It attacks posters. Which is against the rules.

When this forum was created it was intended to get away from the trends of toxic forums, and create a friendlier environment. Why not just try to fit that mold?

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Why not just try to fit that mold?
I post the way I post. I observe a behavior and I comment on it. As I said if you think it is against the rules, report it. If it is taken down then you will know it was against the rules. If it stays then maybe you are being too sensitive on this issue because it struck a nerve, I don't know. Only you can answer that.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I post the way I post. I observe a behavior and I comment on it. As I said if you think it is against the rules, report it. If it is taken down then you will know it was against the rules. If it stays then maybe you are being too sensitive on this issue because it struck a nerve, I don't know. Only you can answer that.

Look, I love the vast majority of your posts, and I love the knowledge you bring...but you have to know that insulting anyone, even if it's a generalization, is against the forum rules. I've been here since 2010, and the rules don't change for anyone, not you, not me, not anyone.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Look, I love the vast majority of your posts, and I love the knowledge you bring...but you have to know that insulting anyone, even if it's a generalization, is against the forum rules. I've been here since 2010, and the rules don't change for anyone, not you, not me, not anyone.
I think this is going way out of purporting. Calling a nebulous group, not Morris critics, not Harbaugh critics, not officials critics, not people complaining out Lions, not McVay critics, not 49ers critics, not Goff critics Karens is not an insult to anyone. It is a description with a connection to behavior. Actions. It wasn't Poster XZY is a Karen. Or Poster ABC or Posters that think the 49ers are terrible.

Criticism of behavior (complaining, whining, etc.) just cannot be against the rules. And if you do think it is, by all means, I urge you (or anyone) to report it and let the moderators delete it. Maybe that is the way to go.

If making fun of actions is against the rules, then just about anything could be construed as against the rules.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I think this is going way out of purporting. Calling a nebulous group, not Morris critics, not Harbaugh critics, not officials critics, not people complaining out Lions, not McVay critics, not 49ers critics, not Goff critics Karens is not an insult to anyone. It is a description with a connection to behavior. Actions. It wasn't Poster XZY is a Karen. Or Poster ABC or Posters that think the 49ers are terrible.

Criticism of behavior (complaining, whining, etc.) just cannot be against the rules. And if you do think it is, by all means, I urge you (or anyone) to report it and let the moderators delete it. Maybe that is the way to go.

If making fun of actions is against the rules, then just about anything could be construed as against the rules.

Again, I've been here for a very long time. This forum is supposed to have the atmosphere of a bunch of us at a bar, shooting the shit with each other in a positive way. You know, friendly vibes. Everyone complains about something; it's just human nature, but so long as it's not dragging down the friendly atmosphere, it's all good. It's just that a fair few of us happen to complain about Harbaugh being an NFL coach because of his history of coaching the Whiners (the team, not the people).

Again, love your posts. It's just that calling a nebulous group on this forum "Karens"...well, it's a little bit much? I mean, you don't have to apologize or anything. Just a little bit of caution from me.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
A It's just that a fair few of us happen to complain about Harbaugh being an NFL coach because of his history of coaching the Whiners (the team, not the people).
Well, as I said it was not about Harbaugh at all. But it seems a few took it that way. I am not a Harbaugh fan ... so I wasn't defending him in any way.

Just a little bit of caution from me.
Appreciate it. Thanks

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Karen or Brandon in your context are derogatory terms.

There is no need for it, no matter who you direct it at.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Karen or Brandon in your context are derogatory terms.

There is no need for it, no matter who you direct it at.
I have heard you. And they were meant to mock behaviors I was seeing - to be derogatory.

I get your feelings. I disagree. And if it's a problem for you just report it, I have no problem if you do that. We can see what happens.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

As moderators, we are very choosy as to when we will get involved with arguments between members. I was going to leave this whole thing alone but you are being very daft. When you post something like you did, throwing out a general insult to unnamed members of this board, it is still an insult.

You have a report that has been up for some time that complains about someone calling a certain type of opinion cultish. The calling it cultish was at least aimed at a specific opinion. But you running off calling non-specific members here Karens and then trying to defend it by saying it is not against the rules is ripe. It is quite obvious to anyone reading it that your definition would include anyone complaining about things you deem unworthy of complaint.

I think most people enjoy your content for the most part. But I'd suggest the next time you want to make a post that suggests you have a superior mindset, you reconsider and use the "Think before you post" suggestion in the comment box.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Sonova...
~ The Reverend

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Big Mahalos to Brudda @RamFan503 for addressing the bullshit I just stumbled upon in this thread. I'm thanking you because I wouldn't have handled it as diplomatically.

Hopefully this bs behavior is over so that I don't have to prove that I failed Diplomacy 101.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This Harblah hire makes me happy for 1 reason...

I will no longer have to look at the angel my sister puts on the top of her Christmas tree that she put a Harblah head on. She replaced the angel's real head with a Harblah head that she made and she even put a halo on top of it. Total blasphemy in my book. Hell, now that I just thought about it... she's probably gonna keep putting it up until some other coach leads them back to a Natty a hundred years from now.

Fuck.

My little sis' husband and oldest son graduated from Michigan. Their basement might as well be a museum for Michigan athletics. That fucking Harblah angel though is just too much.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Fuck.

My little sis' husband and oldest son graduated from Michigan. Their basement might as well be a museum for Michigan athletics. That fucking Harblah angel though is just too much.
Well, my nephew (Sister's Son) is a big Jim Harbaugh fan. My nephew tends to root more for coaches then teams (God knows where he got that from) so now with Harbaugh with the Chargers, I expect him to be on the Charger bandwagon moving forward. I love him dearly and he loves sports and is a great athlete or was went to college on a baseball scholarship and now is a scratch golfer, but I do not approve of all of his choices and will have to deal with him rooting for the Bolts moving forward.