Jets release Jachai Polite... RAMS Sign Him To PS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Polite’s rude
Poupon.jpg

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I dunno why, but I got a good feeling about him just like I had a good feeling about Fowler.

McVay has found a way to get excellence from players without being R Lee Ermey. Not everyone responds to that.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
McVay has found a way to get excellence from players without being R Lee Ermey. Not everyone responds to that.
I respect your comment and agree that McVay does extract excellence from his players. However, what separates McVay from other coaches is establishing a culture (we not me) and selling a vision with the players to identify their role and contributions to the team.

If players do not buy into the culture and place value within their roles, they do not last with the team. Suh never put in the effort to be a run stopper and it showed during his regular season efforts. Saffold and TruJo chased money and personal glory, and were let go. Neither of these players accepted their role or the team culture, and were not resigned.

If Polite cannot adopt the culture and accept his current role, he will find himself looking for another job rather quickly.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dunno why, but I got a good feeling about him just like I had a good feeling about Fowler.

“Who’s the dirty little cucksucker who said that!? ~ R Lee
“It was me, Sarge” ~ Mac the knife
“ Why I admire your honesty. I’d let you come home and #$&@ my sister (punch in the gut). You will not laugh. you will not cry, I will teach you!” ~ R Lee
“ We, not me Sarge! I like the human being you’ve become. Now give me fifty”~ Mac
“SONOFA” ~ R Lee

**fade to black

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Great Post and when I played I thought every coach had to be like a drill instructor, however, playing Air Force ball we had a coach that was low key never raised his voice and would encourage you and offer suggestions that made you a better player...Learned so much from him...It was eye opening for sure, although he did bench me for following an opposing player into his team huddle as I was trying to clarify what he said to me...Cost us 15 yards and all the coach said to me when he took me off the field was "Den have a seat." I didn't play the rest of the game, it was truly something and made me want to coach.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I respect your comment and agree that McVay does extract excellence from his players. However, what separates McVay from other coaches is establishing a culture (we not me) and selling a vision with the players to identify their role and contributions to the team.

If players do not buy into the culture and place value within their roles, they do not last with the team. Suh never put in the effort to be a run stopper and it showed during his regular season efforts. Saffold and TruJo chased money and personal glory, and were let go. Neither of these players accepted their role or the team culture, and were not resigned.

If Polite cannot adopt the culture and accept his current role, he will find himself looking for another job rather quickly.

I agree with all, but Saffold.

He deserved to get paid and the Rams couldn't have afforded him at half the price. He was arguably the best LG in the game last season. Careers are short enough as it is.

It's unfair as fans to expect a guy to FINALLY get to the pinnacle of his position only to be expected to take half or less to remain with his team. Had he not taken that second contract with the Rams, I might have agreed with you, but he arguably outplayed his contract the last two years and I bear him no ill will for pursuing the contract he's earned.

Rest assured, if the Rams could have afforded him, they'd have paid him.

Trujo and Suh weren't really fits. That's different.

fearsomefour

Legend

He deserved to get paid and the Rams couldn't have afforded him at half the price. He was arguably the best LG in the game last season. Careers are short enough as it is.

It's unfair as fans to expect a guy to FINALLY get to the pinnacle of his position only to be expected to take half or less to remain with his team. Had he not taken that second contract with the Rams, I might have agreed with you, but he arguably outplayed his contract the last two years and I bear him no ill will for pursuing the contract he's earned.

Trujo and Suh weren't really fits. That's different.
He also signed with Oakland forgoing a good offer for the Rams.
The Rams were lucky to get him back then.
I was very happy to see the Saffold get to win with the Rams.
He wanted the jack and always was moving toward that. Nothing wrong with that. It’s his choice.
What could Rams pay him? $24M for four years compared to $44M? Who knows?
It would have been a big difference for a guy likely on his last contract.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He also signed with Oakland forgoing a good offer for the Rams.
The Rams were lucky to get him back then.
I was very happy to see the Saffold get to win with the Rams.
He wanted the jack and always was moving toward that. Nothing wrong with that. It’s his choice.
What could Rams pay him? $24M for four years compared to $44M? Who knows?
It would have been a big difference for a guy likely on his last contract.

i just had a look. the raiders signed him for 5 years for $42.5m then cancelled it the next day. he came back to the rams for their original offer, 5 years for $31.7m.

no wonder he went after the dollars from the titans. after every defeat he'll go have a look at his bank balance and he'll be all happy again.

fearsomefour

Legend
i just had a look. the raiders signed him for 5 years for $42.5m then cancelled it the next day. he came back to the rams for their original offer, 5 years for $31.7m.

no wonder he went after the dollars from the titans. after every defeat he'll go have a look at his bank balance and he'll be all happy again.

He has made something like $44 M in his career before the Titans deal.
It is business after all.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Jets third-rounder Jachai Polite ready for ‘fresh start’ on Rams practice squad

The Rams signed edge rusher Jachai Polite to the practice squad.
Polite, who played at Florida, was selected by the New York Jets in the third round of the draft in April. He did not make the roster after reportedly accruing fines for tardiness and other issues. The Seattle Seahawks signed him to the practice squad but released him Wednesday.

“Fresh start for sure,” Polite said. “You got to try to change for the better.”
Said McVay: “He’s going to be held to the same standards and expectations as everybody else in this building. ... Everybody has got a standard to uphold and he will be in the same line in terms of those things.”

The Rams have a history with former Florida pass rushers with bumpy starts to their pro careers. Dominque Easley played well for the Rams before his career ended because of knee injuries, and Dante Fowler has flourished.“I’m moving forward by taking every opportunity I have and giving it my all,” Polite said. “The Rams gave me another opportunity and I’m going to make the most of it.”

Last edited:

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Polite's gonna look over and see Aaron MFing Donald and all the stars on this roster working their @$$es off every practice snap. That culture is real. So if he really wants to clean up his BS and be a part of something now's his chance.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
what's the over-under on him getting put onto the active roster?

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
what's the over-under on him getting put onto the active roster?
Same as anyone else on the practice squad: not good unless there is an injury. I know he was a third round pick with some first round projections. But right now all that is sunk cost with other teams. If the powers that be thought he was good enough to be on the 53-man roster, he would already be there.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

They could have traded or cut Brockers to make room for a new Saffold contract. Perhaps our final 3'rd round draft pick for Bobby Evans would have been better spent on a DT/DE ? jmo.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They could have traded or cut Brockers to make room for a new Saffold contract. Perhaps our final 3'rd round draft pick for Bobby Evans would have been better spent on a DT/DE ? jmo.
And the future years of Saffold, every year after this year is $12+ million, wouldn't have allowed them to extend the people they did which they clearly wanted to more than sign Saffold. Saffold is off the books and Brockers will be next year. They have gone about clearing cap so they could extend Goff after they signed Donald. Saffold was never going to happen especially at the price he signed for.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
It was the right time to let Rodger Saffold go out & earn the best the biggest payday possible. He earned it!

At this point the OL'er Bobby Evans selection looks to have been a big reach with a second day pick invested. On the flip side Snead looks to have gotten a steal with the 5th round selection of OL'er David Edwards. OG Demby certainly does not look like a bona fide future starting right OG jmo. I foresee Snead drafting our future starting RG next season, unless Chandler Brewer catches fire. Kolone Just do not see him fitting in well Kromer's OL.

Who would have guessed that DL'er John Franklin-Myers would come off his rookie season & get cut. There is a good chance that Snead will be forced to go without UFA DL'er Brockers after this season. His back up (Fox) is also involved in FA'cy, Leaving the 5 tech cupboard bare except for UDFA Copeland. Could be Justin Lawler 6-4 265 plus pounds can easily BULK up enough to be in contention in this post. But yes a 5 tech DL'er appears to be a need in 2020. Rams have 3 listed NT's with SJD, Gaines & Smart.