Jets release Jachai Polite... RAMS Sign Him To PS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seattle signed him to their practice squad. I wish we'd grab him up. I'd really prefer Seattle not be the team that gets through to him.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Polite is garbage. Should fit right in with Seattle and they can replace their former "Man of the Year" candidate Michael Bennett with another steaming turd.

Checkmate

Ram HOF'er
Name
Shaun

Wouldn't be surprised to see ryan groh signed after week one and neary put on IR. I think its pretty obvious since they decided to not ir neary yet even though his season is over that they plan to add another ol here soon

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Wouldn't be surprised to see ryan groh signed after week one and neary put on IR. I think its pretty obvious since they decided to not ir neary yet even though his season is over that they plan to add another ol here soon

I'll be surprised if it's Groh, but yes, we definitely need an upgrade over Demby as a back-up Center. jmo.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Please, I miss the days of the Rams carrying headcases. Can't we get him? Puhleaze?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Heard from somebody tapped into the Gator world. Polite is having major mental health issues. Right now, he has to get treated and get that sorted before football should be a priority. Think of Tre Mason. If the kid wants to come back to football, I hope he can get the treatment he needs and make it back. He's unbelievably gifted. But he has no shot at a career until he gets help.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
No thanks. Too much other stuff to worry about. Bringing in a guy who isn’t serious enough to show up will just be a headache.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Heard from somebody tapped into the Gator world. Polite is having major mental health issues. Right now, he has to get treated and get that sorted before football should be a priority. Think of Tre Mason. If the kid wants to come back to football, I hope he can get the treatment he needs and make it back. He's unbelievably gifted. But he has no shot at a career until he gets help.

As a person who was once in a relationship with a mentally ill woman and mentored some mentally ill terns; They don’t like to be told that they need a psychiatrist. They need to accept the truth first, which is often difficult to admit.

Once they do get help it’s always a question of when he will go off of his meds.

I feel for anyone in his situation but doubt he could ever dedicate himself to football at this level.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
When was the last time you saw a team cut a rookie who was a 3rd rd pick or higher?

Fowler was on his way to being cut. He was a 1st rounder and was barely getting snaps when we got him. Pretty sure at the end of the season, teams would have waited for him to be cut or used a 6th or 7th for him.

This coaching staff is different. They are EXTREMELY focused on accountability without tearing a guy down.

Other teams do all that old school shouting and ripping on dudes (think of that asshole on Hard Knocks with the Rams asking Jared if he even wanted to be in the NFL? And aggressively questioning his desire when that was NEVER a real question)

That might work in the military and many of us experienced that, but it works less and less with modern athletes.

Some folks miss the point, too. It’s not about coddling anyone, McVay certainly doesn’t do that. It’s about simply having expectations, giving players the tools via coaching, game planning and play calling and expecting them to execute. It’s treating players like grown ups and if they don’t step up, well no one can say they didn’t have a chance here.

This is why this coaching staff can take players who are trouble on other teams like Fowler, Peters and others and they fit in fine here.

Edit: Polite clearly has things to work out, so no for him, but my larger point stands.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Fowler was on his way to being cut. He was a 1st rounder and was barely getting snaps when we got him. Pretty sure at the end of the season, teams would have waited for him to be cut or used a 6th or 7th for him.

This coaching staff is different. They are EXTREMELY focused on accountability without tearing a guy down.

Other teams do all that old school shouting and ripping on dudes (think of that asshole on Hard Knocks with the Rams asking Jared if he even wanted to be in the NFL? And aggressively questioning his desire when that was NEVER a real question)

That might work in the military and many of us experienced that, but it works less and less with modern athletes.

Some folks miss the point, too. It’s not about coddling anyone, McVay certainly doesn’t do that. It’s about simply having expectations, giving players the tools via coaching, game planning and play calling and expecting them to execute. It’s treating players like grown ups and if they don’t step up, well no one can say they didn’t have a chance here.

This is why this coaching staff can take players who are trouble on other teams like Fowler, Peters and others and they fit in fine here.

Edit: Polite clearly has things to work out, so no for him, but my larger point stands.

I meant in the same year they were drafted.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Takes Allen’s spot. Let’s see what they can do for the young man on and just as importantly off the field.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
PS is fine... Gives him a chance to get his head on straight without giving him a roster spot. Now can he learn to be accountable and if not sayonara MFer.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Well, I guess they think they can reach him. Let’s hope they can.

If they catch lightning in a bottle with this kid, I’ll gladly eat crow.