Jets Fire Saleh

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Ironically this BS might wake Rodgers up. He is still capable of winning games when his head is on straight. He doesn't have ideal talent to throw to, but he has a defense.

fearsomefour

Legend
Ironically this BS might wake Rodgers up. He is still capable of winning games when his head is on straight. He doesn't have ideal talent to throw to, but he has a defense.
Rodgers is a strange player.
In terms of natural arm talent you can count the number of guys in history with his talent on one hand.
But, he isn't clutch really.
Nothing can stop Rodgers like a playoff game.

fearsomefour

Legend
The Exact Opposite is true.

For the past two years, the NFL has actually had a Heritage Program where they encourage players and coaches to wear flags on their helmets (players) and jackets/shirts (coaches).

You can look it up. Below is one article I found from last October that mentions Puka Nacua's participation.

NFL celebrates international diversity with NFL Heritage Program​

Published: Oct 19, 2023 at 10:27 AM

The National Football League will celebrate players' and coaching staffs' cultural origins this season with its NFL Heritage Program, with all 32 teams represented.

Across Weeks 7 and 8 of the 2023 season, over 330 players and coaches will return to the field wearing international flag decals -- with players adding flags to their helmets and coaches wearing patches on jackets -- to represent the ever-growing pool of various nationalities and cultures that make up the League.

Fans will see 70+ nations and territories represented by athletes including Tua Tagovailoa, Fred Warner, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Puka Nacua, Chris Olave, DJ Moore, Jimmy Garoppolo, Aaron Jones, Efe Obada and Jordan Mailata, among others, as well as coaching staff across 17 clubs including Bill Belichick, Arthur Smith, Ron Rivera, Brian Daboll and more.

"As we continue to prioritize the NFL's growth globally, we're proud to have our players and coaches honor their backgrounds through the NFL Heritage Program," said Peter O'Reilly, executive vice president club business, international and events at the NFL. "This initiative allows us to celebrate the heritage, families and cultures that make up the fabric of the League, and truly showcases the growing global reach and impact of the sport of football and the NFL."

Participants can choose to wear the flag of an international country or territory where relatives have been born or where they've lived for over two years. Players will wear these flag decals alongside the American flag, and are able to represent their backgrounds throughout the remainder of the season.

"My grandmother was born and raised in Samoa, and recently left us in 2021," said Nacua, Los Angeles Rams wide receiver, who will display the Samoan flag on his helmet. "To be able to represent our family's heritage and feel like she is here with me on the field is the most incredible thing. I'm proud to play for all of our Samoan fans out there and can hopefully inspire future generations of Samoan athletes."
The NFL doing their weird, pointless lip service BS and an owners opinion of what and how they want things displayed may well be different.
Bottom line, its a winning business.
Win and none of it would matter or even come up.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The NFL doing their weird, pointless lip service BS and an owners opinion of what they want things displayed may well be different.
Bottom line, its a winning business.
Win and none of it would matter or even come up.
Yes. The Jets owner could have been offended by the flag and the timing of displaying it. Like I originally suggested. Some people have been calling Saleh a Piece of Shit for wearing that shirt on that date.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I was told he had a meeting, got fired, and security walked him out. No team meeting, nothing.

Frigid cold, he's a better coach than that.
No, he's literally not..... And it didn't happen regardless.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Smart Move, that should only entrust Nathaniel Hackett to pick up the towels and put them in the bin.
I don't know that this other dude is worth a shit either. But I suppose all that matters is Rodgers gets his shit together. They need him to lead that team.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
What’s Hackett’s job then and why was it important to retain Hackett?
FOAR.
1728592757167.png

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sign of the times, everyone wants a conspiracy when Occam's razor clearly applies
Saleh has been awful since day 1, shouldnt have been hired in the 1st place. The team is 2-3 and could easily be 4-1. But they arent and before the season slips away any further, you have to make the move. Its that simple

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Saleh's record in SF for Points scored against:
2017: 25th
2018: 28th
2019: 8th
2020: 17th
Ryans takes over and goes
2021: 9th
2022: 1st

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sign of the times, everyone wants a conspiracy when Occam's razor clearly applies
Saleh has been awful since day 1, shouldnt have been hired in the 1st place. The team is 2-3 and could easily be 4-1. But they arent and before the season slips away any further, you have to make the move. Its that simple
He has been terrible. Poster child for what it looks like when you don't have a QB in place, which is why Morris and his initial offseason with the Falcons stands out, to me at least.

But all that aside I would not have fired him at 2-3. The season is still ahead of them. If I'm the owner for me to fire him he would need to come in my office and act like a fuckhead. Because they do have a lot of the pieces to make a run.

So the rest of the way they'll be one of the most interesting teams to watch. I'm curious to see how they respond to this.