Jets Fire Saleh

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Won't happen guys

Him coming here that is.
Not this year and I would be shocked if he went back to San Francisco, he will look for another opportunity with another organization IMHO and if the Rams decided to open up the DC job, he would be a possibility IMHO.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This interim hire could stick. If I was Ulbrich I would bring in another OC because Nathaniel Hackett cannot spell Cat, if you spotted him the C & the A. Even though he drinks beer with Rodgers.
Agreed. Saleh's the HC so the failure is ultimately on him, but his firing doesn't fix their problem.
GZXexPiW0AAFGgY.jpeg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not this year and I would be shocked if he went back to San Francisco, he will look for another opportunity with another organization IMHO and if the Rams decided to open up the DC job, he would be a possibility IMHO.
I understand and appreciate wishful thinking. But an honest question here, has McVay ever fired a coordinator? Pretty sure Bones contract expired.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I understand and appreciate wishful thinking. But an honest question here, has McVay ever fired a coordinator? Pretty sure Bones contract expired.
McVay isn't firing his friend. I could see him bringing him in as a defensive consultant if he wants to take a one year hiatus from coaching.

Psycho_X

Legend
As far as where Saleh goes, I'd put a bet in for Green Bay for the time being as a consultant. Him and LaFleur are best friends if I recall.

fearsomefour

Legend
This interim hire could stick. If I was Ulbrich I would bring in another OC because Nathaniel Hackett cannot spell Cat, if you spotted him the C & the A. Even though he drinks beer with Rodgers.
Thats the part that was strange to me.....what the Jets need is a competent offense and they hire Hack(ett)?

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Saleh could be the next Steve Spagnuolo. Nobody will touch Steve with a ten foot pole when it comes to HC, but damn can he coach a defense. Same could be said with Saleh, whatever team gets him will have a coordinator for a long time. It would behoove the rams not to take a look at him. Who cares if him and Shula are buds, it's a business not a local pub hangout where they talk football.

fearsomefour

Legend
Saleh could be the next Steve Spagnuolo. Nobody will touch Steve with a ten foot pole when it comes to HC, but damn can he coach a defense. Same could be said with Saleh, whatever team gets him will have a coordinator for a long time. It would behoove the rams not to take a look at him. Who cares if him and Shula are buds, it's a business not a local pub hangout where they talk football.
I loath Spags.
Maybe the second worst head coach in Rams history.
A total disaster.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He's a good DC. So depending on how things go with Shula the rest of the way we'll see, maybe he ends up being in the mix in the offseason.

Definitely deserved the firing though in NY. And not too bad a look for him, IMO, as raising the fortunes of a perennial loser is not an easy coaching gig. I'm sure he's a lot wiser now.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
I loath Spags.
Maybe the second worst head coach in Rams history.
A total disaster.

I just wanted to say thank you for cherry picking the only part of my statement that wasn't relevant to the point I was making.

Spags has what, 5 or 6 superbowl rings as defensive coordinator? He'll probably go down as one the best in NFL history, but yeah he was a terrible HC. lol.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think there is room for them to get things going because they have talent at QB, an OC who can get along with him, and a DC who knows what he's doing. They have talent on defense. Just gotta tune that offense up to complement them.

Their offense lacks quality in playmakers, like ours, but they don't have two elite players on the injury list who will return. So there's a lot on Rogers to make that offense work. Which means you can't fire his buddy OC without the entire thing imploding unfortunately.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
No, but I think he gave Liam Cohen a gentle push back to Lexington and also quite sure he fired John Bonamego and Joe DeCamillis albeit both being of the special teams variety.