Jeff Fisher says he left Rams in 'good shape,' lauds Sean McVay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well if you would have taken the time to read what I quoted. The poster was blaming injuries hurting Fisher but not Mcvay
But you quoted my post though that didn’t have anything to do about injuries

Turducken

Starter
We would be worse off with Fish this year (more 8-8 bullshit) but so would the Vikings. Fish is too stubborn to cut bait when he thinks someone has unrealized talent. He would have kept Keenum on the roster for one more year at $2mil.

whitedk57

Ram fan for life
Name
Duane

https://audioboom.com/posts/6566443-jeff-fisher-with-the-midday180

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...fisher-los-angeles-rams-sean-mcvay/978860001/

The Los Angeles Rams’ turnaround season is partly due to former coach Jeff Fisher.

At least that’s what Fisher believes.

"I'm a huge fan of the Ram players," Fisher told Nashville's The Midday 180 radio show on Friday. "They're basically — I don't want to say my players, but I had a lot to do with that roster. Left them in pretty good shape. And Sean (McVay), as he's proven in this very short period of time, is an outstanding young coach. And he's got the offense rolling, which they needed."

Fisher coached the Rams from 2012-16, compiling a 31-45-1 record, with an offense that never finished higher than 21st in scoring and 23rd in yards. Fisher was fired after Week 14 in 2016, a season in which the Rams ranked last in scoring and yards.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...fisher-los-angeles-rams-sean-mcvay/978860001/

The Los Angeles Rams’ turnaround season is partly due to former coach Jeff Fisher.

At least that’s what Fisher believes.

"I'm a huge fan of the Ram players," Fisher told Nashville's The Midday 180 radio show on Friday. "They're basically — I don't want to say my players, but I had a lot to do with that roster. Left them in pretty good shape. And Sean (McVay), as he's proven in this very short period of time, is an outstanding young coach. And he's got the offense rolling, which they needed."

Fisher coached the Rams from 2012-16, compiling a 31-45-1 record, with an offense that never finished higher than 21st in scoring and 23rd in yards. Fisher was fired after Week 14 in 2016, a season in which the Rams ranked last in scoring and yards.

Watching Lance Kendrick miss a few easy passes for GB ? Keeping Reynolds around for ever.
Tim Barnes ??
— His love to trade up for Mo Alexander.
Drafting Greg Robinson & having the whole Redskins draft come out as Captains.
Keeping Joyner as a small nickel covering 6’6 TE’s.
Resigning Tavon Austin to that huge contract .

_We can continue to go on ? It’s not like The Rams are winning that big ? The difference is coaching.

—- Look at all the parts The Rams brought in. Biggest of all is a Bookend LT who probably would not signed if Fisher was the HC ?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
roster construction not results
What does that has to do with him leaving the roster in good shape
To start with, many like to suggest Fisher began with nothing. Well, not exactly:
Fisher inherited a couple of his best players too in Quinn and Saffold.
Fish inherited Bradford, Steven Jackson, Roger Saffold, Chris Long, James Lauranitis, Robert Quinn, Eugene Sims, Lance Kendricks, Micheal Hoo Hoo, James Hall, Jacob Bell, and probably a few others that I just can't think of.
So, while Fisher didn't inherit a payoff caliber roster, it's not quite accurate to say he inherited next to nothing. There are some very good players in that list above.

But, work needed to be done to get them to the next level... and that was Fisher's job. And... Fisher was provided enormous opportunities to create an excellent roster.
with the draft picks we had almost any coaching staff would have left a good roster therefore fisher gets no credit.
Yup.
Jeff Fisher stockpiled some talent, but when you're constantly drafting high, that's to be expected.
Yup.
Fisher is bragging about having a great roster, but he was able to build it, in large part, due to sucking as a head coach, which gave him high draft choices.
Yup.
4 years picking in the top ten and luckily RG3 hype allowing extra first rounders you better nail some talented players
And... yup.
Plenty of opportunities... the "misses" have been documented here too. Fact is, given all the opportunities he had, he really didn't do well at all.

But the thread wasn't just about the roster "improvement", the thread was created as a result of the interview Fisher gave wherein he at least implied he wants credit for the success the team is enjoying this year. And that goes back to his character flaws and inability to connect with reality.
The following are some examples of the flaws I saw in him the day he was hired as Rams Head Coach:
There's something so disingenuous in the way he talks.
And just the fact that he says he has no regrets really shows how hard headed this fool is
It’s the most ballsy freakin attempt to appropriate glory that I have ever heard!
egregious in their attempt to prop themselves up as the architects of this emerging power steamrolling its way across the NFL
widely myopic,

But, you say...
ALL the good things that did happen
Here's ALL the good things that did happen:
When he was finally let go with three games left in the 2016 season, his final tally as the chief architect of the Rams was 31-45-1 and not a single playoff appearance. By the end of his run the Rams were getting worse, not better.
Gee, I really enjoyed ALL those good things.

And, of ALL the good things Fisher gave us, we should thank him for Kenny Britt's amazing accomplishment (one year):
Britt was our most productive wide receiver in almost a decade whether people liked him or not.
I used to hear this frequently... so, I'll use my analogy again... Britt being the best WR on the putrid Fisher offenses is like being the best driver on the Jamaican bobsled team.

I don't think he even realized this flaw in his thought process:
talking publicly about how great a job he did in building a talented roster, hurts him more than it helps him imo. Theres no way to pat yourself on the back about that without also admitting you failed at coaching (or hiring the right coaches, either way not a good look).
of course him saying these are basically my players is pretty much confirming that he’s not a very good coach.

he doesn't need to be patted on the back and told he did a great job.
But that's what he feels he deserves... again, a disconnect with reality. He should just keep his mouth shut and hope some mismanaged franchise makes the mistake of giving him more money.

This... this... and, finally, this!!!
McVay is so far ahead of Fisher as a head coach it’s not even funny. This is his first year too.
He realized things 1 month in that fisher couldn’t realize in his 5 years here.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21852646/jeff-fisher-says-left-los-angeles-rams-pretty-good-shape

Earlier this week, Fisher's longtime right-hand man, Dave McGinnis, now a radio color commentator for the Titans, was asked about the resurgent Rams by The Tennessean and said: "First of all, Jeff Fisher and I, we built this roster, you know what I'm saying?"

Words Dave McGinnis apparently never read :

Credit is a system whereby a person who can't pay gets another person who can't pay to guarantee that he can pay.
Charles Dickens

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To start with, many like to suggest Fisher began with nothing. Well, not exactly:

So, while Fisher didn't inherit a payoff caliber roster, it's not quite accurate to say he inherited next to nothing. There are some very good players in that list above.

But, work needed to be done to get them to the next level... and that was Fisher's job. And... Fisher was provided enormous opportunities to create an excellent roster.

Yup.

Yup.

Yup.

And... yup.
Plenty of opportunities... the "misses" have been documented here too. Fact is, given all the opportunities he had, he really didn't do well at all.

But the thread wasn't just about the roster "improvement", the thread was created as a result of the interview Fisher gave wherein he at least implied he wants credit for the success the team is enjoying this year. And that goes back to his character flaws and inability to connect with reality.
The following are some examples of the flaws I saw in him the day he was hired as Rams Head Coach:

But, you say...

Here's ALL the good things that did happen:

Gee, I really enjoyed ALL those good things.

And, of ALL the good things Fisher gave us, we should thank him for Kenny Britt's amazing accomplishment (one year):

I used to hear this frequently... so, I'll use my analogy again... Britt being the best WR on the putrid Fisher offenses is like being the best driver on the Jamaican bobsled team.

I don't think he even realized this flaw in his thought process:

But that's what he feels he deserves... again, a disconnect with reality. He should just keep his mouth shut and hope some mismanaged franchise makes the mistake of giving him more money.

This... this... and, finally, this!!!
How many players did fisher inherit??
Quinn Saffold who else.?
Lmao the guys that was here before didn’t get another job in the nfl the guys that left in free agency with Fisher was HIGHLY sought after even the above mentioned Britt.

Let’s talk about draft picks then since people assume it’s so easy to find talent even if you had a lot of picks but one of the reason why we had a lot of picks was because Fisher was smart enough to trade out of them. Let’s not act like that wasn’t a factor lol he could have stayed put and took 1 player vs 3-4. That’s what it means by roster construction he realized 1 PLAYER wasn’t enough. Let’s talk about his misses.

Quick Pead I think it was Wroten or some guard he drafted

But his hits where crazy no draft is 100 percent but fisher did a damn good job. Granted they was mostly on the defensive side of the ball
Richardson, Stacy, Havenstein Brown, Jenkins,McLeod, Brockers, Tru, McDonald, Tavon, Alexander,Donald and so many other,his hits far outweigh his misses.

You think the browns front office would have picked those guys. It’s cool to down play his accomplishments because no one likes him anymore lol but that doesn’t change the fact that the roster was left healthy. The guy had to gut the entire roster depth players special team players and everything he did that. If you honestly think that if McVay has to do a complete rebuild like fisher did that we would be in the playoffs right now I don’t know what to say to that.

Fisher went with youth and that youth now is the core to this team and they are experienced they are battle tested and whether you like fisher or not but he prepared them for the ride to come McVay is the beneficiary with a new voice and new message for them to feed off of.

From my take of the interview he was comparing where he left the roster for McVay compared to how the roster was left for him. Either way I don’t really care I’m done with this topic