Janoris Jenkins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I think he does an excellent job setting/holding the edge in the run game.

He does however have poor tackling technique far too often.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Way too many people thinking that because he is being called out as a poor tackler that the other areas of his game are in question too. His coverage skills have nothing to do with his tacking, his ability to read a play and undercut a route again nothing to do with his tackling. Its ok to see the deficiencies and want these guys to do better.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I can never make up my mind on Jenkins. When he is your CB, you just have to know going into the season that he is going to make incredible plays and he is going to miss plays he should have made. If you want consistency, he is not your guy. However, be careful what you wish for, consistency goes two ways.

Dre Bly anyone? Remember the pissing and moaning about him?
Then remember missing him?

Then remember having shit at CB for a decade?

Remember?

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man, I love the guy, he's one of my favorite corners in a long time....love the way he tackles..that kid can tackle, I trust my eyes.. sure he misses some but damn. How many corners have we had that scores all the TD's he has over the years? Gimme 3 Janoris'..

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Dre Bly anyone? Remember the pissing and moaning about him?
Then remember missing him?

Then remember having crap at CB for a decade?

Remember?

Oh yes. At the very least we don't have Justin King out there. I can remember that game vs Baltimore where he gave up 3 long TD passes in a row on basically identical play calls.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
JJ and tackles....I won't even touch this one...I feel like going Charles Barkley here....

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://sports.live.stltoday.com/Event/Rams_chat_with_Jim_Thomas_77?Page=4

If the coaches love Jenkins so much, can they coach him then? I know that sounds flip but the guy get's burned constantly. Just doesn't seem to have the discipline and do the film study, relies too much on his athleticism. Given how heavy we went in the 2014 draft for defensive backfield last year, is he really this important in the Rams plans?
by Greg, Rams Fan in Maryland 2/10/2015 10:11:08 PM 4:11 PM yesterday

• I would think Jenkins would've outgrown some of his bad habits by now. I don't know if that's attributable to coaching issues or Jenkins simply not maturing. I tend to think it's the latter. This is a contract year for Jenkins, so if he doesn't improve this year in terms of those habits, it's probably never going to happen.
    by jthomas 2/10/2015 10:13:01 PM 4:13 PM yesterday

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
http://sports.live.stltoday.com/Event/Rams_chat_with_Jim_Thomas_77?Page=4

If the coaches love Jenkins so much, can they coach him then? I know that sounds flip but the guy get's burned constantly. Just doesn't seem to have the discipline and do the film study, relies too much on his athleticism. Given how heavy we went in the 2014 draft for defensive backfield last year, is he really this important in the Rams plans?
by Greg, Rams Fan in Maryland 2/10/2015 10:11:08 PM 4:11 PM yesterday

• I would think Jenkins would've outgrown some of his bad habits by now. I don't know if that's attributable to coaching issues or Jenkins simply not maturing. I tend to think it's the latter. This is a contract year for Jenkins, so if he doesn't improve this year in terms of those habits, it's probably never going to happen.
    by jthomas 2/10/2015 10:13:01 PM 4:13 PM yesterday
First of all he isn't constantly getting burned. It happened a few times last year and people remember those plays over all others. Some also lose sight of the fact of how young our entire backfield is. He and Johnson are the old grizzled vets of the group. So I suppose it isn't possible that someone else missed an assignment leaving him to try to make up for lack of help over the top.

I'd say JJ's height is his biggest problem and he can't really do anything about that. But I've seen him shut down some serious receivers for an entire game. Weak corners can't do that.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
we have 3 starting CB in Gaines Jenkins and Tru. pluse a few decent depth. put Jenkins against the slot. other two play outside. we ran mostly nickel the back half the season with Baron in the box at LB. the package is their. just have the right matchups. it's a passing league now and we have the two quickest QBs in the division. get LB depth from draft of FA. retain or find equal replacement for Langford. need to retain top quality depth on the line for this D.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
we have 3 starting CB in Gaines Jenkins and Tru. pluse a few decent depth. put Jenkins against the slot. other two play outside. we ran mostly nickel the back half the season with Baron in the box at LB. the package is their. just have the right matchups. it's a passing league now and we have the two quickest QBs in the division. get LB depth from draft of FA. retain or find equal replacement for Langford. need to retain top quality depth on the line for this D.
Don't know. I think you'd be wasting JJ's skill set by putting him on the slot.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Don't know. I think you'd be wasting JJ's skill set by putting him on the slot.

I think Jenks is perfect for the slot role. He is more quick than fast and he loves to gamble on short routes. Gaines and Tru can both play the outside and have better ball skills when they are trailing the WR. Ever notice how terrible Jenks plays the ball when he is running with the WR? He is at his best when he can make a quick decision and anticipate the route and jump it. This would also allow a competition at FS between Joyner and McLeod assuming he's brought back.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think Jenks is perfect for the slot role. He is more quick than fast and he loves to gamble on short routes. Gaines and Tru can both play the outside and have better ball skills when they are trailing the WR. Ever notice how terrible Jenks plays the ball when he is running with the WR? He is at his best when he can make a quick decision and anticipate the route and jump it. This would also allow a competition at FS between Joyner and McLeod assuming he's brought back.
You could be right and I can see your point about jumping the ball but I think he'd be in a position of having to tackle more than we'd like against TEs and RBs - something for which he doesn't have the build - and I also don't agree with Tru and Gaines being better at covering WRs trailing or not. It would be interesting to see how that might play out though.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Jenkins is a solid CB.

Game day... It's tough out there. Win some. Lose some.

That said...

My biggest worry is his judgement off the field. Sure, he's been clean with the Rams... But he's got a history of issues and his Twitter presence isn't a confidence builder.