Jamon Brown

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Haven't seen him play with the G-Men. He hasn't played much this year so he may need a few weeks to get comfortable on a new line. They sure needed help on the O Line. They should resign him.

They way he's playing right now, they will as he's better than what they had. Brown has played really well IMHO, Barkley has broken a few runs off of him and as to pass protections, he's given up one sack in 8 quarters.

I understand why they released him as it had to do with more dollars & cents then talent. Also @BonifayRam makes a good point about having the likes of Neary & Dielman on the practice squad, however, the development of Noteboom to be able to play both guard and tackle and Allen too being able to play both center plus guard. Overall though, I liked Brown's size, but Blythe has showcased the ability to create leverage, which makes him very effective in the zone blocking scheme also, Blythe is very smart I see him calling things out assisting Sully and that has created cohesion along the offensive front.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Here I thought the Rams had good chance to resign him for a very reasonable contract. That was before he lost his starting spot. Rams made the wise move of resigning Havenstein and Brown lost his starting job. Rams releasing him was the money saved, no future as they were not going to resign him as the have confidence in the other players.

Haven't seen him play with the G-Men. He hasn't played much this year so he may need a few weeks to get comfortable on a new line. They sure needed help on the O Line. They should resign him.

Not doubt that Jamon Brown would have been a valuable plug in next season if Rodger Saffold departs.So yes was a decent chance to resign him IF desired. I agree released for the $$$ saved.

If Andrew Whitworth does return as a 37 yr old & oldest starting LT in the NFL again next season Noteboom is sure to remain married to the OT positions. Now the 6-2 305 lb 2nd yr interior OL'er Brian Allen is a different story. He very well maybe ready to take up one of the vacant LG posts when Saffold goes.But Snead will be forced to draft a few more good back up next season just like this season. Problem is he does not have an abundance of draft selections.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
We saved only a few hundred thousand dollars by releasing him, so we didn't save much and we didn't need that little cap room this year anyway. IMO the team did him a favor by letting him go now so he could play somewhere this year and sign somewhere as a FA next year.