Jamon Brown

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I still don't understand why we let him go. He was a very capable player. Depth on the o-line is so important. Especially given Saffold's injury history and Whiteworth's age. He seemed to have a great attitude too so I doubt there were locker room issues or other behind the scenes reasons. Hope he excels in NY.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
McVay mentioned that they were making a point of drafting smart players.
If they made it through camp and on to the 53 we know that they're probably smarter than an average player drafted at that position.
I expect Kromer to continue coaching our O lineman up into solid depth.

What Kromer did with Austin Blythe is legendary.

dang

Legend
Short term - I liked the depth that Brown provided for this year. Something odd about letting him go (vs trading) when he had a fairly light impact on the cap space and had performed at or above average last year. Long term - I hope this means Rams will extend Saffold for another 3 years.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I still don't understand why we let him go. He was a very capable player. Depth on the o-line is so important. Especially given Saffold's injury history and Whiteworth's age. He seemed to have a great attitude too so I doubt there were locker room issues or other behind the scenes reasons. Hope he excels in NY.

They helped him out. He likely asked for a trade. It's his final contract year. He needed to impress someone but couldn't do that by sitting on the Rams bench.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But we only had him for 9 more games at that point.

We make it through the season healthy and it won't matter at all come the offseason.

Well, if he was still valued around the league enough (not a sure thing) there would likely have been a comp pick, at least a late one.

But it's a good policy to treat your players well, including giving those you don't have much space for a chance to play elsewhere. It tells everyone that the Rams won't screw them, so they should sign with the Rams if in doubt.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien

Yea, I watched this game and was reminded how bad he is in pass blocking, that is one reason I am glade he is now with the Giants. I trust our coaches and front office on these personnel decisions, unlike in the past.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea, I watched this game and was reminded how bad he is in pass blocking, that is one reason I am glade he is now with the Giants. I trust our coaches and front office on these personnel decisions, unlike in the past.

I watched it as well and came away with a different impression. He got beat a couple times, but he was a stabilizing force who played solid overall football.

James Otto

Starter
Jamon was JAG. He was an average guard, which was limited in space, and the Rams decided to move on, because he was going to cost more than he was worth. I have 100% faith in this groups ability to develop lineman. Look at Blythe, wow.

fearsomefour

Legend
I watched it as well and came away with a different impression. He got beat a couple times, but he was a stabilizing force who played solid overall football.
Brown looked
Like looked like the same guy to me.
Good run blocker and a solid pass blocker who will get beaten a couple of times a year.
Ogletree looked like the same guy too. Some missed tackles and bad gap responsibility mixed in with some great athletism.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
@payote75 is right on point, living in Upstate, NY (Albany) Brown has solidified their offensive line although in fairness the Giants have played against the 49ers and Buccaneers, but he's been just what the doctor ordered and has also been pass blocking well, although he gave up a sack yesterday.

Now I wanted to hang onto Brown like others and still confused about the release, but I guess it had to do with his contract. The Giants are better and I could not believe a team would not trade for him, just goes to show you sometimes how clueless teams are.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good for him, after a bad game last week her rebounded. But there was a need to cut somebody and it had to be somebody with a cap hit around what Brown had.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
My thoughts here is JB is a very good run blocker & average on his best gm day. JB was not as nimble as Blythe, Noteboom & Allen in the ZBS. A decision was made that JB was not going to be a need resigning in March of 2019 with the other three above OL'ers already signed & in tow.

The Rams have rested both Whitworth & Sullivan all season during early week practices. They have also done the same for Saffold but not to the degree of AW/JS. Thus meaning that McVay/Kromer & Waldron have a good amount of exposures to Blythe/ Noteboom & Allen to provide them all the needed imput on this past decision to release Brown & as to their future here.

Noteboom has been active for every game this far this season. Sullivan has been active for 7 games & every gm since JB was released. I also have to include our OL ginger minority OL who has played three interior OL posts (OG/OC) Aaron Neary who Kromer has kept around since the first of September of 2017. Neary has been waived 3 times by Kromer but he has always returned. Neary is still under contract with the Rams on the practice squad. Another OL'er who Kromer seems to like is the 5th rd pick by Cinn in 2017. JJ Dielman who was with Denver but injured his knee & was eventually released & then signed by Rams on the practice squad. He is a bigger version similar to Blythe where his movement skills are enticing for Kromers interior zone-scheme blockers.

So Jamon Brown was not in the Rams future plans nor was his play that much better that what Kromer already has on board.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
My thoughts here is JB is a very good run blocker & average on his best gm day. JB was not as nimble as Blythe, Noteboom & Allen in the ZBS. A decision was made that JB was not going to be a need resigning in March of 2019 with the other three above OL'ers already signed & in tow.

Agreed and I think he'd be best served in a power/trap scheme that has a lot of run snaps. Seattle comes to mind there. They still run zone concepts but mix it up really well with their man/power scheme and have a lot of run focus.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm thinking that McVay and Kromer must be feeling good enough about our depth to let the kid go.
I thing it had more to do with the fact that, he was more than likely going to sign with another team in the off season anyway.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I watched him as well, and he has played very solid, and he did make that whole line better. IDK, maybe he wanted a chance to start, and we gave it to him. Thing for me, is that he had some trade value, right? Snead sucks.

Ram65

Legend
Here I thought the Rams had good chance to resign him for a very reasonable contract. That was before he lost his starting spot. Rams made the wise move of resigning Havenstein and Brown lost his starting job. Rams releasing him was the money saved, no future as they were not going to resign him as the have confidence in the other players.

Haven't seen him play with the G-Men. He hasn't played much this year so he may need a few weeks to get comfortable on a new line. They sure needed help on the O Line. They should resign him.