Jamon Brown

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
i called it when the Rams released him that he would certainly be claimed by the Giants and by no means are the Giants a powerhouse but being a Rams fan living in ny I keep an eye on that stuff and let me tell you he has made an impact for a horrific line. If he keeps it up he will be one wealthy man as the Giants may move mountains to keep him. Of course he has to continue this but it's weird it's kind of he made a difference to the o-line overall kind of stabilized it for now anyway but most importantly brown is doing what he did for Gurley and opening holes for Barkley. Guess I'm bored with no Rams today lol. Off topic saints are annoying AF here we are complaining about losing Kupp and they plugging in these no names and basically have one wideout but somehow keep churning points in all ways which is worrisome.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I don't understand why we let him walk. Maybe McVay was trying to do right by a kid who worked hard for him? Jamon is getting an opportunity to earn a contract rather than sit on the bench. Still, I hate losing valuable OL depth. Jamon is an average starting OG. Most teams don't have two average or better OGs. We had three.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good for Jamon....No hard feeling against him.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Definately no I agree I hope he continues to do well but it still stings. I been crying for fowler or Murphy sine basically week one but double edged sword didn't think it would come at the expense of brown but I hope he does do well. At least we will know when the Giants overpay him that we can take comfort in well we couldn't afford to spend that much for that position at this time lol. Other thing I here in ny which annoys me is that the jets with 100 million in cap space will be spending it and a main target of theirs is Dante fowler. Hopefully he falls in love with everything Rams and try's to make it work. I think based off of his numbers we could sign him with in budget it's just that the jets have crazy money so that might hurt us. Still early we shall see.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man, the Giants are like the X-Rams at this point. Jenkins, Ogletree, Barwin, Brown, and Greco,

I am not sure we couldn't have kept him with the money coming off the books. Suh, Joyner, and likely Talib won't be coming back at what they are making this year if at all. That frees up over $30M.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I don't understand why we let him walk. Maybe McVay was trying to do right by a kid who worked hard for him? Jamon is getting an opportunity to earn a contract rather than sit on the bench. Still, I hate losing valuable OL depth. Jamon is an average starting OG. Most teams don't have two average or better OGs. We had three.

Because they probably planned to let him walk in FA. Sucks the way it went down but I'm glad they let the guy go who they obviously weren't going to pay.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am not sure we couldn't have kept him with the money coming off the books. Suh, Joyner, and likely Talib won't be coming back at what they are making this year if at all. That frees up over $30M.

I think Talib comes back. Joyner & Suh are gone in FA though. And Peters they'll hold onto because next year is his contract season and he'll ball out for the big payday he wants.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yeah, I wish we would've kept Jamon as well.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He's always been iffy picking up stunts and slow to react mentally. Dude is a brute in the run game when he gets leverage on guys, but I think that style of OL fits the Giants better than it does a McVay offense.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I feel OL is the primary core of any team and was shocked and saddened when we let him go. I still upvote his tweets and wish him the best.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Thanks, I knew that there was one other one I was forgetting. Didn't realize he had gotten cut. LOL

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Jamon is an average starting OG. Most teams don't have two average or better OGs. We had three.
But we only had him for 9 more games at that point.

We make it through the season healthy and it won't matter at all come the offseason.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Back in the day they were calling the Redskins the Ramskins in 1971 when George Allen traded with LA to get some ex-Rams over to Washington. I'm calling NY the G-Rams!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But we only had him for 9 more games at that point.

We make it through the season healthy and it won't matter at all come the offseason.

That's the point of depth, though. If somebody gets injured, we can trust our depth to step in.