Jalen + ??? (The most intriguing camp battle)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I agree Hill is insurance against the kids - but can’t get on board with Hill not making the team. Hill will make the team out of TC, will play a lot and will be somewhere else in 2023.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I agree Hill is insurance against the kids - but can’t get on board with Hill not making the team. Hill will make the team out of TC, will play a lot and will be somewhere else in 2023.
Hill will for sure make the team.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hill will for sure make the team.

Easy call,but I don’t see him going anywhere in 2023 either.

I’ve always said he is underrated.I going to really enjoy watching back as a Ram. Like I’ll continue to say as well.Unbelievable how the Browns just give up on players.

IMO last season they drafted the best CB in the draft.Hill got hurt & this Watson signing made any cap space welcomed.

Mcvay phrased Troy Hill & basically said he didn’t know what he meant until he was gone.

I still don’t think Ram Fans understand the mentoring that
makes this we thing so important.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Easy call,but I don’t see him going anywhere in 2023 either.

I’ve always said he is underrated.I going to really enjoy watching back as a Ram. Like I’ll continue to say as well.Unbelievable how the Browns just give up on players.

IMO last season they drafted the best CB in the draft.Hill got hurt & this Watson signing made any cap space welcomed.

Mcvay phrased Troy Hill & basically said he didn’t know what he meant until he was gone.

I still don’t think Ram Fans understand the mentoring that
makes this we thing so important.
You think Rochelle was the best CB in the draft?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

We'll see. I agree that most likely, he'll make the team, but only because I believe that one or both of Rapp and Burgess will be dealt. I feel that the kids will all make it.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i think the only players we can pencil in as starters right now are ramsey and hill.

i feel like long and rochell will be fighting it out for the other spot.

the rookies will have to bide their time.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
There is lots of love for Robert Rochelle and praise for the way David Long finished the season.

If the Rams bringing Troy Hill back was simply an insurance plan, this was some of the best cornerback insurance you can invest in.

As of today 05/19/2022, I'm on board with the current depth chart.

Until training camp chatter begins and if/how injuries to the cornerback room juggle starting reps, the raw talent of the second-year players and rookies will need to ball out to unseat the players ahead of them on the depth chart.

LCB - David Long (Robert Rochell) (insert player)
NB - Troy Hill* (Decobie Durant*) (insert player)
RCB - Jaylen Ramsey* (insert player)

S - Jordan Fuller (Terrell Burgess) (Quentin Lake)
S - Nick Scott (Taylor Rapp) (Insert player)

R.12d8e1299f039c736ad6867395c9edcf

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You think Rochelle was the best CB in the draft?

Greg Newsome was the first CB taken
In 2021.

I’d say Scotter has a chance to be a real good CB & The Rams did very well in drafting him.

I think Troy Hill will mentor RR31 better as a Rams CB than he would have in Cleveland.Just for the fact of Roberts person alone.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
There is lots of love for Robert Rochelle and praise for the way David Long finished the season.

If the Rams bringing Troy Hill back was simply an insurance plan, this was some of the best cornerback insurance you can invest in.

Until training camp chatter begins and if/how injuries to the cornerback room juggle starting reps, the raw talent of the second-year players and rookies will need to ball out to unseat the players ahead of them on the depth chart.

What does the dime defense look like ?

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
You think Rochelle Rochell was the best CB in the draft?

There is lots of love for Robert Rochelle Rochell and praise for the way David Long finished the season.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
We'll see. I agree that most likely, he'll make the team, but only because I believe that one or both of Rapp and Burgess will be dealt. I feel that the kids will all make it.
Wonder if having more CB & Dime packages keeps AD99 off the field more ? Bobby Wagner is going to make such a big difference when it comes to all the different defenses The Rams can run.

WestCoastRam

Legend

i think the only players we can pencil in as starters right now are ramsey and hill.

i feel like long and rochell will be fighting it out for the other spot.

the rookies will have to bide their time.

Most likely... and also, it's not like a guy can't take a starting job after the season starts!

The one thing I'd bet for next year is the starter at outside CB opposite Ramsey at the beginning of the season is different than the one at the end. Same could be true for nickel.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Wonder if having more CB & Dime packages keeps AD99 off the field more ? Bobby Wagner is going to make such a big difference when it comes to all the different defenses The Rams can run.

Why would we keep AD off the field... are we throwing a game?

WestCoastRam

Legend

I'd be curious how much dime Rams ran last two years given the penchant for 5 on the line.

Really, I think whether it's dime or something else, I'm curious who the 6th DB will be. Most likely Rapp but will be interesting to see if one of the rookies can beat him out for certain coverages.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
We know who Hill is... And if he is a starter come week 8 or beyond... we've got a fucking problem.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Decobie Durant....His Hips Don't Lie.

d52da05c-64e6-4457-b7ff-58bbf16124b1_1140x641.jpg

@den-the-coach is very supportive in agreement with the breakdown analogy (oily hips) tied to the Rams 2022 4th round pick #142 cornerback Decobie Durant.

If memory serves me correctly, coach den is a huge fan of Durant and backs it up with some kind of magic oil Decobie rubs on his hips.

71hQVoJYwHL._SX425_.jpg

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
@RamsOfCastamere is our ROD English teacher and he gets his hair frizzed up when any of us spell 2nd year small school talent sensation Robert Rochell's last name incorrectly.

Yes Mr. Castamere, the correct name on his birth certificate is ROBERT R O C H E L L. So all of us need to quit spelling it (ROCHELLE)...

Thank you sir, for pointing out our sloppy ROD forum laziness.

Just playing my Rams brother, I have no issues with constructive criticism and spelling pet peeves.

R.d39e819283fc2d1c71cd8193291eef21

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
@den-the-coach is very supportive in agreement with the breakdown analogy (oily hips) tied to the Rams 2022 4th round pick #142 cornerback Decobie Durant.

If memory serves me correctly, coach den is a huge fan of Durant and backs it up with some kind of magic oil Decobie rubs on his hips.
Huge fan of the kid and if he played at South Carolina instead of South Carolina State, he would've went in the early 2nd round. Durant has confidence is not going to play scared and will get right in any receivers grill....I'll take that with hope that Robert Rochell & David Long continue to improve.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

That is a great a question @So Ram

The dime package is super important in today's NFL. Especially on obvious long yardage passing downs.

I don't have a strong guess at this time prior to training camp.

I'm deferring to the current depth chart, but when you add in all the possible dime packages with our DB group, it's very difficult to project at this time of the year.

They could have 2, 3 or 4 dime packages based on the strength of the other teams personnel.

Maybe...

CB - David Long
CB - Robert Rochell
CB - Troy Hill
CB - Jaylen Ramsey*
S - Jordan Fuller
S - Nick Scott

OR

CB - Robert Rochell
CB - Decobie Durant
CB - Troy Hill
CB - Jaylen Ramsey*