Jalen Ramsey

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I could see the big spending Dolphins making a move for him to try to put them over the top in a tough AFC where stopping those big name QBs is critical. Could give them a great secondary.

I’m not yet necessarily advocating that the Rams trade Ramsey; but if they did, I too, had thought dolphins. The fish went out and got an anchor at LT and bolstered their passing game with weapons. Sound familiar? They have some good players on defense but, as you mentioned, a tough cover corner would help vs the bills, chiefs, and bengals.

This might be the last opportunity to possibly get back a 1rst or 2nd rounder for Ramsey.

The problem is no one has emerged as a potential #1 CB for the Rams. I’m not sure anybody has stepped up as a future #2. This is one more reason to start getting the “future talent” on the field these last few games.

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good call ! I will say it is a mistake to have Taylor Rapp starting. Yeast would even be a better option now..
—I’m a Raheem Morris fan,but Rapp stinks. The fact RAMsey & Rapp fought against Baltimore last season was disgusting for young players.
All you say is true. Rapp getting hurt was the only way The Ramsnwin a SuperBowl. Thank you Eric Weedle.

Fuller is slow . Lake will find his way on the field2023.
All this is spot on.. what do the coaches see? It boggles my mind. Thanks for this post.

Psycho_X

Legend
Disagree with getting rid of Ramsey, agreed with benching Rapp... have been clamoring for that to happen for years. Playoffs are a lost cause now and even if they want to pretend they aren't it's time to see what youth can upgrade both sides of the ball because it's obvious what's being put on the field isn't going to do it.

I'm baffled why Durant was talked up and displayed for a few games, made a few really nice splash plays (frankly more than any other defensive back this season in just a few games), got injured, and now that he's healthy seems completely forgotten about. He basically played in one and a half games with any kind of significant playing time and had an interception and a sack. Play him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
All this is spot on.. what do the coaches see? It boggles my mind. Thanks for this post.

My guess is Raheem Morris trust Rapp? David Ling got burned a couple times,but seems to be in good position.On the edge he takes bad angles though.
Bobby Evans playing LT? Weird thing is that in the preseason he looked ok there compared to guard? Talk about poor O’Line health! Remember back when Scott Linahan.
As much as we all can complain. The Rams franchise is in better shape than we think.
—Saw a season ticket holder yesterday & he seemed sort of depressed from how the season has gone.

WHOSE HOUSE? Sad - The Best part is even though more 9er Fans make it to SOFI! The Rams beat them for the first & only time to advance to The SuperBowl & win it all.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Disagree with getting rid of Ramsey, agreed with benching Rapp... have been clamoring for that to happen for years. Playoffs are a lost cause now and even if they want to pretend they aren't it's time to see what youth can upgrade both sides of the ball because it's obvious what's being put on the field isn't going to do it.

I'm baffled why Durant was talked up and displayed for a few games, made a few really nice splash plays (frankly more than any other defensive back this season in just a few games), got injured, and now that he's healthy seems completely forgotten about. He basically played in one and a half games with any kind of significant playing time and had an interception and a sack. Play him.

My only question mark on Rapp,Long,ect…. Is Rams want to get a Comp Pick if possible.

There is a price to that thinking though & yes It’s time to go into preseason type of mode IMO.

Love B. Perkins getting a chance to start? The only reason I say that is because The Rams have kept 3 QB’s & his value is either there or not ? I like the way he reads defenses & makes the right play for the most part.If he can become accurate he could be a nice piece as a backup for a few seasons.Call ME Crazy ,but I drink the Kool-aide & don’t mind the process.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Ramsey is simply playing out of position. Playing that damn star role is not his bread n butter. Locking up with the opposing teams No1 WR is his game. Yet the Rams want him more involved in the rest of the defense, playing him in the star role, or spy, and sometimes blitzing off the edge. He has one sack in his career btw....

Maybe when the Rams had DWilliams and Hill covering the field, with Fuller roaming it was better suited to play. But with these current cast of players...It's astounding they haven't changed it up.

Speaking of Fuller... Is he in the dog house??? I thought he was healthy.

Psycho_X

Legend
Ramsey is simply playing out of position. Playing that damn star role is not his bread n butter. Locking up with the opposing teams No1 WR is his game. Yet the Rams want him more involved in the rest of the defense, playing him in the star role, or spy, and sometimes blitzing off the edge. He has one sack in his career btw....

Maybe when the Rams had DWilliams and Hill covering the field, with Fuller roaming it was better suited to play. But with these current cast of players...It's astounding they haven't changed it up.

Speaking of Fuller... Is he in the dog house??? I thought he was healthy.
Fuller is still on IR. Wish someone would ask about him and Hardy as they both have been forgotten about it seems like by the media.

Agreed on Ramsey, would rather they left him on the outside and not having to focus on other stuff other than shutting down a receiver. Put Hill back into the star position which he did a lot of several seasons ago and while he wasn't great in coverage he had a nose for making turnovers at least. Or Durant who showed a penchant for making plays in his brief glimpse before injury yet he is now healthy and not being used.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Ramsey was targeted a team-high six times and gave up five catches for 84 yards and two touchdowns.

ouch!

Rams4life

Rookie
Name
Bud
Ramsey has cost us some games with his dropped INTs. A couple would have been game changers. IMO, he is starting to slide. I would trade him and his huge salary while we can still get something for him. We need the $$$ to add some needed depth.
I agree. They talked about it last year. Get something for him while he's still fairly young.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ramsey was targeted a team-high six times and gave up five catches for 84 yards and two touchdowns.

ouch!

Yeah - he is no HOF CB & it shows he might be better off gone.

I say that from the standpoint of value. What happens to Nick Scott?
I know a different position,but how many players can The Rams lose ?

RR31 ? Is he a bust ?

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Its as sad and disappointing as the 2023 season realizing how many of you guys have all forgotten everything you learned from being a Rams fan prior to 2017

Bad rosters/seasons make really good players look mediocre too.

Ramsey is absolutely still a special player.
He's just in need of some better coaching and scheming in our secondary.

But a lot of you are only interested in pushing your emotionally driven agenda. Being rational, looking at the contributing factors, that shits for pussies and nerds, amirite?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Its as sad and disappointing as the 2023 season realizing how many of you guys have all forgotten everything you learned from being a Rams fan prior to 2017

Bad rosters/seasons make really good players look mediocre too.

Ramsey is absolutely still a special player.
He's just in need of some better coaching and scheming in our secondary.

But a lot of you are only interested in pushing your emotionally driven agenda. Being rational, looking at the contributing factors, that shits for pussies and nerds, amirite?

Now your going to BLAME Shula & Morris on top of it!!

I guess you forgot The Rams won the Superbowl & still The Champs. They might still be mathematical in it to win it? Good luck with the lottery.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams also would take a near 20 mill dead cap hit if they were to trade/release Ramsey

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would not let Ramsey go. And i hope he doesn't demand a new contract. Remember last year when he was commenting on the big salaries that the wide receivers were getting?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Correct me if I'm wrong.. 12 million, post June 1.
Its still a near 20 mill dead cap hit. Post June 1 they can push off 12 mill of dead cap to 2024 and "only" take an 8 mill hit in 2023. That's an incredible amount of dough to leave on the table in order to get rid of a 28 year old shut down player

Tano

Legend
Its still a near 20 mill dead cap hit. Post June 1 they can push off 12 mill of dead cap to 2024 and "only" take an 8 mill hit in 2023. That's an incredible amount of dough to leave on the table in order to get rid of a 28 year old shut down player
And personally I think he is playing well when given a chance to play his style

Morris defense has completely paralyzed his abilities

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would not let Ramsey go. And i hope he doesn't demand a new contract. Remember last year when he was commenting on the big salaries that the wide receivers were getting?

Imagine Ramsey waking into the front office asking for more money. The Rams would laugh at him.