Jake Long update?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
Sando says we're still talking to Jake, and Snead remains hopeful.

According to a Dolphins fan on one of the Miami forums Peter King says that he thinks a decision is expected soon (possibly tonight or tomorrow) and he thinks it is a close race but he thinks Long is leaning toward Miami. I hope he is wrong! If he is right I hope the Rams move quickly on Vollmer or Smith!

bluecoconuts

Legend
paceram said:
bluecoconuts said:

According to a Dolphins fan on one of the Miami forums Peter King says that he thinks a decision is expected soon (possibly tonight or tomorrow) and he thinks it is a close race but he thinks Long is leaning toward Miami. I hope he is wrong! If he is right I hope the Rams move quickly on Vollmer or Smith!

[tweet]313434000867880960[/tweet]
[tweet]313434493937651712[/tweet]

He's probably right. Torry Holt has been pushing for the Rams. Even had a few exchanges with Incognito. However...

[tweet]313435900182941698[/tweet]

So I'd assume that the Rams are working stuff getting ready. It's all speculation still, but they probably assume the same thing we do. Long probably wanted a fresh start, his wife didn't want to move, and he goes with her. Unless he was trying to use the Rams for leverage, in that case it didn't work since neither team is moving from their offer, and they're both supposed to be similar.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[tweet]313437610670432256[/tweet]

paceram

Pro Bowler
bluecoconuts said:
paceram said:
bluecoconuts said:

[tweet]313434000867880960[/tweet]
[tweet]313434493937651712[/tweet]

He's probably right. Torry Holt has been pushing for the Rams. Even had a few exchanges with Incognito. However...

[tweet]313435900182941698[/tweet]

So I'd assume that the Rams are working stuff getting ready. It's all speculation still, but they probably assume the same thing we do. Long probably wanted a fresh start, his wife didn't want to move, and he goes with her. Unless he was trying to use the Rams for leverage, in that case it didn't work since neither team is moving from their offer, and they're both supposed to be similar.

Do you think there is any chance that the Rams will make one last push and increase their offer or do you think they stand pat?

bluecoconuts

Legend
My guess is they stand pat. Jake Long is good, but personally I don't think he's worth this much trouble. I'd rather trade up for Lane Johnson, at least it wouldn't kill us in the cap.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
So if you want to be a great player you have to be voted on by random fans, what a joke...

Speeps

Starter
Ever since the Snead-Fisher era began here in STL, we've been pretty good at closing out deals at the last minute. Getting Long in here will be just like that, also, this may be a good sign that people are hearing Long back to Dolphins.

24hrs before Fisher became the Rams head coach, reports said he was going to Miami.
1 hr before Jared Cook became a Rams, reports said he was going to Miami.

There's an empty spot up there, waiting to be filed in the Rams - Miami saga. I like our chances.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Speeps said:
Ever since the Snead-Fisher era began here in STL, we've been pretty good at closing out deals at the last minute. Getting Long in here will be just like that, also, this may be a good sign that people are hearing Long back to Dolphins.

24hrs before Fisher became the Rams head coach, reports said he was going to Miami.
1 hr before Jared Cook became a Rams, reports said he was going to Miami.

There's an empty spot up there, waiting to be filed in the Rams - Miami saga. I like our chances.

Man,I hope he comes here we will have a great lt and have shit in Miamis,cherrios,yet again lol

A55VA6

Legend
I have a feeling he goes back to the Dolphins.. but the Rams are a better choice for his career in my opinion.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
A55VA6 said:
I have a feeling he goes back to the Dolphins.. but the Rams are a better choice for his career in my opinion.
I'm okay with that. Either way, I'm confident that we'll get a great OL player either in FA or the draft. But this entire Long episode has been quite entertaining. I actually never thought we'd get this close to getting him. So if we do, it's just another big win for us.

paceram

Pro Bowler
A55VA6 said:

I have a very bad feeling that Long is just waiting to get the best offer he can from the Dolphins before he agrees to terms with them. I hate being a pessimist and I sincerely hope I am wrong! I just don't have a good feeling about Long choosing the Rams.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Rabid Ram said:
Im going to be,different I say Jake signs with the,rams

I hope you are right! I would love to be wrong!

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Rams and tackle Jake Long 'still chatting'

By Mike Sando | Mar 17, 2013 6:55 PM

PHOENIX -- With NFL owners, executives and head coaches gathering Sunday for three days of meetings, I had a chance to speak with St. Louis Rams general manager Les Snead on several subjects relating to the team's development.

The team's pursuit of Miami Dolphins free-agent tackle Jake Long stands as the No. 1 short-term issue, and on that front, Snead sounded hopeful.

"We're still chatting," he said, affirming that the Rams feel as though they still have a shot at landing the four-time Pro Bowl left tackle.

Long, who turns 28 in May, spent three days in St. Louis before returning to Miami without a contract. The Dolphins remain in the mix to re-sign him.

Snead would not get into specifics regarding negotiations or concerns over Long's injury history. In general, though, he said injury concerns were not a factor from the Rams' standpoint.

"What I'll say is, health is not a problem," Snead said.

Long missed four games last season and two the year before. He never missed a game during his first three seasons. Shoulder and knee problems bothered Long in 2011 before a torn biceps ended his season. A torn triceps was the issue in 2012.

Signing Long would give the Rams added flexibility heading into the draft. The team has two first-round choices and a greater need at tackle than anywhere else, in my view.

Snead still hopful and in contact cant say Snead is slacking on this one

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
If he really wanted to go the the Rams, he would've done so already. It's taking so long, my gut says he goes back to Miami. The cap on all the guys they signed is really quite small, so his salary shouldn't be a problem for them.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Long signed with the Rams
[tweet]313505665563889665[/tweet]
[tweet]313504998917042176[/tweet]

If you believe them.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
And of course Jake Long signs with the Rams after I type that. LOL.

A55VA6

Legend
Haha yess. I believe them. I'll definitely believe them when I see schefter post it.