Jake Long update?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Does anyone have any updates on the Rams pursuit of Jake Long? Last I heard he was scheduled to meet with the Rams tomorrow? Did I read somewhere that he is also scheduled for a physical while he is in St. Louis? I hate being skeptical but I will be glad when he actually shows up for his meeting and signs a deal (I have heard of too many of these type meetings that the player signs with another team before the actual meeting ever takes place). I think if the Rams can sign Long that will be HUGE for the Rams!

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A55VA6 said:
[tweet]311680646433087488[/tweet]

Basically, this.

So, basically, if Jake Long passes his physical tomorrow he will sign with the Rams? I hope that is correct and I will be keeping my fingers crossed that he passes his physical!

Vault 82

Rookie
I am really hoping Jake Long signs too. Probably more excited about this than Jared Cook or anyone else.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Well considering Phil Loadholt resigned and da Bears signed Jermon Bushrod...kinda eliminates them.

We'll see tomorrow. I'm again gonna keep my expectations low.

But at the same time, I'm wondering why they didn't go after Dashon Goldson (so far). Jared Cook and Dashon Goldson would've been awesome.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Angry Ram said:
Well considering Phil Loadholt resigned and da Bears signed Jermon Bushrod...kinda eliminates them.

But at the same time, I'm wondering why they didn't go after Dashon Goldson (so far). Jared Cook and Dashon Goldson would've been awesome.

Good question! I'm thinking it must be price. They probably think Delmas can be had for much cheaper than Goldson because it would be great to weaken a divisional foe like the 49ers! I still think Cook, Long, and Delmas wouldn't be too shabby either if health holds up.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Agree on the Goldson shout, would have been an awesome pickup - especially as Detroit didn't re-sign Delmas after they'd given him a physical...

But I guess it all comes down to finances

paceram

Pro Bowler
Just curious - Normally, what comes first - A contract agreement or the player taking the physical? If, Jake Long is really scheduled to take a physical for the Rams does that mean they probably already have an agreement in place or do the negotiations usually take place after the player passes his physical? I am hoping a deal has already been ironed out and agreed upon with the physical being the only item remaining to finalize the deal.

nighttrain

Legend
when a player takes a physical for a team (the Rams) the contract is almost always in place, pending the player passing the physical. Once passed, done deal
train

paceram

Pro Bowler
nighttrain said:
when a player takes a physical for a team (the Rams) the contract is almost always in place, pending the player passing the physical. Once passed, done deal
train

I was hoping that was the answer! So, hopefully, Long passes his physical and becomes a Ram today!

nighttrain

Legend
paceram said:
nighttrain said:
train

I was hoping that was the answer! So, hopefully, Long passes his physical and becomes a Ram today!
and i hope my answer was correct, pass that physical Mr Long..
train

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Ramhusker said:
Angry Ram said:

Good question! I'm thinking it must be price. They probably think Delmas can be had for much cheaper than Goldson because it would be great to weaken a divisional foe like the 49ers! I still think Cook, Long, and Delmas wouldn't be too shabby either if health holds up.

Yeah maybe 3 > 2 or 1.

But Dashon Goldson would basically make the D one player @ OLB away from a top 5 defense.

nighttrain

Legend
Angry Ram said:
Ramhusker said:
Angry Ram said:

Yeah maybe 3 > 2 or 1.

But Dashon Goldson would basically make the D one player @ OLB away from a top 5 defense.
HEY! We're gonna be a top 5 D this season, with or without
train

paceram

Pro Bowler
There sure seems to be a lot of conflicting stories about Jake Long agreeing to terms with the Rams. Hopefully, Long will officially agree to terms soon!

A55VA6

Legend
Just people getting ahead of themselves. I expect a deal to be done around dinner time tonight/shortly after.

jap

Legend
paceram said:
There sure seems to be a lot of conflicting stories about Jake Long agreeing to terms with the Rams. Hopefully, Long will officially agree to terms soon!

Damn sports journalists trying to get scoops by anticipating what is gonna happen before it does!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
jap said:
paceram said:

Damn sports journalists trying to get scoops by anticipating what is gonna happen before it does!
That's why I was skeptical when the first report came out. I just remember all of the hoopla about Fisher becoming a Dolphin or similar reports that just were not true. When JT tweets it, I'll believe it, since he tends to make sure this is true before he tweets it.

paceram

Pro Bowler
brokeu91 said:
jap said:
paceram said:

That's why I was skeptical when the first report came out. I just remember all of the hoopla about Fisher becoming a Dolphin or similar reports that just were not true. When JT tweets it, I'll believe it, since he tends to make sure this is true before he tweets it.

Am I the only one that thinks if Long leaves St. Louis without a contract that there is very little chance he will actually sign with the Rams? If they want him they better sign him while he is in town!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
paceram said:
Am I the only one that thinks if Long leaves St. Louis without a contract that there is very little chance he will actually sign with the Rams? If they want him they better sign him while he is in town!

Thats probably a fair assessment.

But; I'm confident KD knows what the right dollars are. At some point the other party needs to agree or let them walk.