Jake Bo(n)g always keeps it real

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's not exactly how it happened. He told everyone that the Rams were about to have a franchise altering off-season and iirc the way he advertised it was as if the Rams were gonna be ultra aggressive with big names in free agency. Nobody knew about Donald retiring except the Rams.

View: https://twitter.com/JKBOGEN/status/1766237949992001704?t=cY3yltObtUA_X2Oh5LdK5Q&s=19

I think he made the call & had inside information. EVERY RAM PLAYER KNEW(coaches,front office etc.,etc) & his comments are exactly right.

It is FRANCHISE CHANGING !! I was like there is nothing about The Rams offseason that can be franchise changing ?? He never said what it was & couldn’t say either way.

The Rams had already signed Johna Jackson & The Rams had no CAP SPACE . A TRADE ???What AD99 to Pittsburg ? CRAZY !!

PARAM

Hall of Fame
TBF, he didn’t come in here boasting about inside info that he was holding. Ppl were questioning the credibility of him and his sources, so then he was like “I do know about something BIG that will happen by the end of the week”. It’s not his fault you were duped. He didn’t lie.

I think he made the call & had inside information. EVERY RAM PLAYER KNEW(coaches,front office etc.,etc) & his comments are exactly right.

It is FRANCHISE CHANGING !! I was like there is nothing about The Rams offseason that can be franchise changing ?? He never said what it was & couldn’t say either way.

The Rams had already signed Johna Jackson & The Rams had no CAP SPACE . A TRADE ???What AD99 to Pittsburg ? CRAZY !!
I still say, as I did after it all went down, we can't blame him for being duped. He was told there was a franchise altering move coming but wasn't told what it was. And I'd bet his source didn't know what it was. That shit was being held very close ro the vest. Afterwards we learned Snead and McVay knew but it was on AD to make it public. Does anybody think with their integeity, they would tell anybody who might leak it to a podcaster? It was "whisper down the lane" which is why Jake played it the way he did. Everybody....Jake, his source and the people here at ROD thought it was an acquisition or trade. But that will never be admitted to because that would elicit a lack of confidence in him and his 'source'.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Jake puts in the work, he does way more research than I ever would but something about him saying that AD should just play this season, take the money and have a big farewell tour just rubbed me the wrong way. Sure, I wish he would play this year but I have no idea what it takes to prepare mentally and physically to get double and triple teamed seemingly every play. I have no idea how hard you have to work to be the best in the league for a decade. So if Donald says he’s spent I wish him well.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
TBF, he didn’t come in here boasting about inside info that he was holding. Ppl were questioning the credibility of him and his sources, so then he was like “I do know about something BIG that will happen by the end of the week”. It’s not his fault you were duped. He didn’t lie.
Gotta disagree, he made it sound like it was related to a FA acquisition. I now doubt he knew about the retirement as I would believe McVay and Snead over a podcaster. I truly believe it wasn't leaked out of respect for AD and now believe that Jake tied it to his saying it was a big move because I'm guessing the big move he was trying to predict just didn't happen. I'll call it a save an egg on the face moment.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I still say, as I did after it all went down, we can't blame him for being duped. He was told there was a franchise altering move coming but wasn't told what it was. And I'd bet his source didn't know what it was. That shit was being held very close ro the vest. Afterwards we learned Snead and McVay knew but it was on AD to make it public. Does anybody think with their integeity, they would tell anybody who might leak it to a podcaster? It was "whisper down the lane" which is why Jake played it the way he did. Everybody....Jake, his source and the people here at ROD thought it was an acquisition or trade. But that will never be admitted to because that would elicit a lack of confidence in him and his 'source'.
Well EVERY PLAYER KNEW ? I don’t know & in theory you could be right.Either way He was RIGHT !!

I do know Jake was thinking The Rams wanted & might sign the DE FA from tHe Vikings.That was not going to be franchise changing & how The Rams were going to make a TRADE was not going to be FRANCHISE CHANGING !

You attacking Jake imo the way you did was wrong,but it’s not my place to say judge if you’re wrong or right.
Just as it is to not say what he knew was true.I enjoyed seeing what it was & have to admit & sort of admire the call.

NEVER thought AD99 was going to retire. There was a lot of report though pointing to him not being a RAM or retiring.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here you go @So Ram. For your face.

1711702287022.png

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He said that before free agency began I'm pretty sure. But even in his comments he said he was predicting Danielle Hunter and some other things. A lot of it is just predictions.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Here you go @So Ram. For your face.

View attachment 65011

Yep Merlin- that’s some dirty stank.

Who do you have The Rams drafting right now.I know you always liked offensive line way back in the past. The St.Louis days when you NEVER thought The Rams were going to move .

I TOLD everyone back in 2014.That was FRANCHISE changing.Still we at Rod couldn’t discuss it because of feelings sourness.

Getting rid of Gurley.Sort of SAD !! I don’t know why The Rams signed him to that contract.Gurley was actually The last 1st rd pick before Jared Goff. Why did he get resigned so fast ?

It just shows even with Mcvay The Rams can mess a couple things up IMO.Signing both those guys to extensions still in there 4th season & having added the 5th they were AFRAID of a Holdout ??? AD99 had done it twice.

When The Rams draft in the 1st rd in 2024 this Ram will get his contract to The Olympics 2028 SOFI & LA Coliseum .

Thank you Stan - for building our Field of Dreams !! Hollywood Park was The Place Al Davis used to win his LAW SUITE against The NFL. That was before Jake was born.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He said that before free agency began I'm pretty sure. But even in his comments he said he was predicting Danielle Hunter and some other things. A lot of it is just predictions.
Well then The Franchise changing & News gives him even more credit ? I was LOL thinking what it could be & BOLD STATEMENT . His credibility was On The Line.

The way I look at it Jake is pretty good about not name calling.He seemed pretty upset of how he was attacked for letting us Rod posters know something big was going to happen.

I like the banter - if we want the creditability we can bring out My Pillow guy & maybe he has my pajama’s & My Coffee.It’s going to be a long Good Friday,but Easter & the weekend is near.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well then The Franchise changing & News gives him even more credit ? I was LOL thinking what it could be & BOLD STATEMENT . His credibility was On The Line.

The way I look at it Jake is pretty good about not name calling.He seemed pretty upset of how he was attacked for letting us Rod posters know something big was going to happen.

I like the banter - if we want the creditability we can bring out My Pillow guy & maybe he has my pajama’s & My Coffee.It’s going to be a long Good Friday,but Easter & the weekend is near.
But making blanket statements will always come true lol. He said something major was going to happen by the end of the week. It was the first week of free agency. There was a pretty decent bet that something major was going to happen. And look at all the Rams players he kept mentioning that jourdan later refuted, stating that they never showed any legitimate interest in those players at all. Jake has good content. I like listening to his reactions to Rams related content a lot. He definitely embellishes his knowledge of what's happening in the Rams building. He makes a ton of predictions and statements that people seem to latch onto when they happen. I said the Rams should go after Darious Williams and Tre'Davious White. That doesn't mean I have inside knowledge. I just also predicted about 20 other players that they should get lol

fearsomefour

Legend
That’s why imo Jimmy G is the better fit all around as The Rams backup QB under Sean Mcvay. He will be put in that situation that all he has to do is make his reads & throws.

Wentz is not the QB Jimmy G is with throwing the football.Stetson can do all those scout team reps.

We’ll see where Carson ends up & how much he’s going to make.Could he go to the Falcons ? Zac Robinson did a lot of extra work with him.
I think Wentz certainly has more arm talent.
Does that mean all that much in terms of back up?
Not really in the case of a vet with a track record.
The Rams have never really had a top back up under McVay, so, it will be interesting to see how he is used....hopefully we don't find out.
McVay not calling plays with Wentz vs the Whiners and his many run reps was interesting. Just as much a cover for a back up OL than anything else I suspect.