Its official... we draft Robinson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
if you're "flawed logic" is too point out watkins ability to take a short gain and make it a big one, well then you're on the opposite spectrum of logic my friend...

Yea, that wasn't it. I've actually clarified exactly what I was saying multiple times so if you're going to choose to ignore it, I'm not going to waste anymore time here.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Is by no accounts comparable to sammy watkins
Disagree. I like Jordan Matthews games more in some respects. Sammy is a guy who made his living on designed screens and YAC. Tavon can do that better IMO. Givens is great at that too. Get Matthews I , Ha Ha and Matthews again in the second and I am a happy happy Rams fan.

iced

Yea, that wasn't it. I've actually clarified exactly what I was saying multiple times so if you're going to choose to ignore it, I'm not going to waste anymore time here.

no the problem is you're trying to bring Watkins into a debate where peoples rallying cries for Robinson have been "Keep Sam upright!" - which is hilarious since pass blocking is his knock. And as I have pointed out, Matthews is a much better prospect - and one who definitely fits more of the mold of "Keep Sam upright!"

Pre-combine: it was Matthews as the clear cut.. now after a work out in gym shorts and suddenly Robinson is shooting up the boards? Robinson wasn't even the top player at his position.

That's another reason why I don't buy into the combine hype - we've seen work out monsters flop before (Vernon Gholston). Robinson to me reminds me a lot of Jason Smith - just a lot more athletic. "Mauling Run Blocker that needs to work on his technique and pass pro."

Btw I don't ever recall claiming Watkins was a great route runner or a finished product (What draft prospect is?) - but you'll never see me saying "Keep Sam Alive with a Great Route Runner!" :D

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
no the problem is you're trying to bring Watkins into a debate where peoples rallying cries for Robinson have been "Keep Sam upright!" - which is hilarious since pass blocking is his knock. And as I have pointed out, Matthews is a much better prospect - and one who definitely fits more of the mold of "Keep Sam upright!"

Pre-combine: it was Matthews as the clear cut.. now after a work out in gym shorts and suddenly Robinson is shooting up the boards? Robinson wasn't even the top player at his position.

That's another reason why I don't buy into the combine hype - we've seen work out monsters flop before (Vernon Gholston). Robinson to me reminds me a lot of Jason Smith - just a lot more athletic. "Mauling Run Blocker that needs to work on his technique and pass pro."

Btw I don't ever recall claiming Watkins was a great route runner or a finished product (What draft prospect is?) - but you'll never see me saying "Keep Sam Alive with a Great Route Runner!" :D

Jared Abbrederis and Jake Matthews it is. :whistle: