It's getting ridiculous

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
Well we have the money but the plan was not to transfer it to 2024 even with the hugh CAP jump due to new TV contracts

They want to go all in on 2024 which is fine since it would have been just a little fix for 2023 to spend money this year.

dang

Legend
My recommendation is to watch if you want to evaluate young talent in 2023. But if ur concerned about W/L record pick up golfing/skiing/bowling/ cannabis growing/drinking/dancing/skirt chasing hobbies until March 2024. Then come back and watch the Rams having a big ‘ol FA/Draft Party likes it’s 1999.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Meh.

Long never really developed into what he was supposed to become, and I'd rather the Rams not invest money in a 2nd contract for him, even a 1-year deal. Let the other guys play and develop.

Besides the pick-six against the Cardinals in the playoffs, I have a hard time remembering any big plays he made.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Brandon Powell is signing with Minnesota, in case anyone thinks that moves the needle.

We need a new punt returner, but it doesn't move the needle in any significant way on offense.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
We have no money.

I don't know how many more ways I can say this?

WE HAVE NO FUCKING MONEY
Sober-when-broke.jpeg

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Just so we are all aware, we have the 10th least available cap currently, yet, we have BY FAR the fewest players on our roster (44) with the second fewest having 9 more guys on the roster then us (53). Tampa has the least cap available at -$578k and the 2nd fewest guys on their roster. Not sure how we can feasibly have a full roster with only 8.4m in cap room. 8-10m is needed for the draft alone.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Just so we are all aware, we have the 10th least available cap currently, yet, we have BY FAR the fewest players on our roster (44) with the second fewest having 9 more guys on the roster then us (53). Tampa has the least cap available at -$578k and the 2nd fewest guys on their roster. Not sure how we can feasibly have a full roster with only 8.4m in cap room. 8-10m is needed for the draft alone.

Following the draft and assuming 11 drafted and another dozen UDFA's added, that's 67 players total, and at roughly the same cost. Remember, you've already calculated the draftees into the CAP, and the UDFA's will fit outside the 'Top 51' as minimum wage players not increasing the CAP. We'll still have 90 players going to camp, how many might be free agents earning over the 'Top 51' is yet to be determined. The Rams might restructure Cooper Kupp, and who knows, another CAP casualty or trade or two and more CAP space suddenly becomes available. jmo.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Not sure how we can feasibly have a full roster with only 8.4m in cap room. 8-10m is needed for the draft alone.
I heard we've had 3 scouts at every XFL game, so my guess is that's the plan. Snead continues to set the standard for innovation amongst NFL front offices.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I thought that if they restructure Kupp, they are dipping into the '24 cap space they so covet. I could be wrong, I'm not good with the cap shit :laugh3:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
On another site, a fan said, "OTC has estimated the rookie cap number to be between 8 and 9 mil but only a cap charge of around 2 mil because of the top 51 rule". So is the theory we only have enough money for our rookie class, accurate or not?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I thought that if they restructure Kupp, they are dipping into the '24 cap space they so covet. I could be wrong, I'm not good with the cap shit :laugh3:

They would be, and I'd personally be against that, anythings possible though. I far prefer the trade approach to gaining extra CAP space.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
On another site, a fan said, "OTC has estimated the rookie cap number to be between 8 and 9 mil but only a cap charge of around 2 mil because of the top 51 rule". So is the theory we only have enough money for our rookie class, accurate or not?

Our final 8 draft picks are very low, so I'd venture to say that the OTC fan is closer to the truth. However, most teams prefer to carry a CAP 'cushion' into the next season as insurance against potential injury replacements, something up to about $4/5 Mil. seems logical. jmo.

Last edited:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
We have no money.
Spotrac says we have 11.257 mil
We have 44 signed players
We have to pay the rookie class but the only rookies who will count against the cap are if they fall into the top 51.
Right now, that would be 7 of them.
But rookies don't get signed until May or June. Actually after UDFAs are signed.
So 'theoretically' we could sign two or three 'actual' free agents, possibly 4 as long as we leave enough money for an emergency and only the first 3 or 4 picks would count against the cap (2 mil?)
It's really not as bad as it's made out to be
My guess is they're waiting for things to kinda calm down, make a few moves, do the draft and possibly make some more moves afterwards.

Last edited:

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Obviously, we are throwing away the 2023 season. At least to me it is obvious.

What good is it to pay these big salaries next year for nothing?

Is AD really going to play for a losing cause? That dude is too passionate to accept throwing away a year IN HOPES it pays off in 2024.

I guess this is how you fix selling our future to win a SB in our house. Stafford and AD may get only one ring in their career.

I wish I could feel like we are at least trying to do the best we can. And likely this is it and I just can't see it.

Love our SB win. And knew we may be selling our future with the risk. Just didn't imagine this would suck this much. It is what it is.

GO RAMS!!!