Is Stefen Wisniewski still available?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
How much do you think Wisniewski will end up signing for and what do you think the Rams limit is? Unfortunately, I think he will probably get close to his $7 million and you are probably right that the Rams won't pay that much.

I believe the Raiders didn't want to go over 4 million per. I wouldn't the Rams to pay more than they paid Wells. I think 4.5 is reasonable...ditto for Blalock.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
So what the F is up with this guy? Is he on vacation too?

IMO, the Rams are not going in this direction, he's had a couple of visits so he overvalued his stock...Now I would love the Rams to sign an upcoming young center, but they have a couple on the roster and maybe it's finally time for Barrett Jones.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
IMO, the Rams are not going in this direction, he's had a couple of visits so he overvalued his stock...Now I would love the Rams to sign an upcoming young center, but they have a couple on the roster and maybe it's finally time for Barrett Jones.
Well then I believe in him. If Quick gets 3 years to show what he's got then so should Jones. We didn't draft him for no reason.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4

I'd say its about time in regards to Jones. The man makes Bradford look like an iron man.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
The Rams have no offensive line. They had $23 mil in cap space. They need to sign this guy and Barksdale and Blalock.
Either they want to win or they don't.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
How much do you think Wisniewski will end up signing for and what do you think the Rams limit is? Unfortunately, I think he will probably get close to his $7 million and you are probably right that the Rams won't pay that much.

Lots of variables remain on trying to answer your questions here paceram. SW may have made up his mind to wait to get what he wants. Its a gamble to wait like SW is, but many injuries do take place early. Some teams like the Rams may be in a serious pickle if injuries for example like last year where health took first Wells out, back injury took out Barrett Jones, then a should hurt Barnes performance all season long & then Rhaney went out to the IR with a knee. Then overpaying may look real good vs total disaster in the interior of your OL.

I agree he could get what they say he is demanding in a short term contract or a little less in a long term contract. I have posted that If I were the Rams I would be looking @ SW as our starting OLG in a long term considerations with SW centering abilities as secondary position. I feel he fit this Rams team better @ OLG than @ center at the moment...things can certainly change.

The fact that the Raiders released their starting center & then went out & purchased another western division team from KC ....young center Hudson & paid dearly in the process does not really bother me look what the Raiders did last year when they released one of the best smartest strongest young rising talented OLT's in the NFL by the name of Jared Veldheer. :palm: Who just happened to sign for the same amount as SW is demanding. Veldheer is a far much better talent than SW will ever be. In turn the Raiders signed the great all pro who is.....named Donald Penn who was their 31 yrs old starting OLT. :notsure:

No the Rams will not give SW the 7 mil a yr but the pickings are getting slim & Rams sure in need of inserting at least one healthy talented experienced OL'er in this young Ram OL.

ztoben

Professional NFL Couch Analyst
Name
ztoben
The Rams have no offensive line. They had $23 mil in cap space. They need to sign this guy and Barksdale and Blalock.

They aren't going to sign all three, its just not going to happen. You aren't accounting for the cap space that needs to be used to pay for rookies. We would be extremely lucky to sign two of the three.

Honestly, I would guess that Barskdale is going to be the only big-ish oline signing.

paceram

Pro Bowler

IF (That's a Big IF!) Jones could get healthy and stay healthy I think a lot of Rams fans would be pleasantly surprised!

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
IF (That's a Big IF!) Jones could get healthy and stay healthy I think a lot of Rams fans would be pleasantly surprised!
I'd be absolutely floored if Jones panned out. There is no indications besides he's still on the roster that he'll do anything. We are going to need to draft a guy this year IMO... Or pick up Wis if he wasn't a decent contract.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Let's hope so, it will be interesting to see if the Rams add a veteran or not.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
The way its looking Foles better start working on his scrambling ability and Fisher on his resume.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
They aren't going to sign all three, its just not going to happen. You aren't accounting for the cap space that needs to be used to pay for rookies. We would be extremely lucky to sign two of the three.

Honestly, I would guess that Barskdale is going to be the only big-ish oline signing.
At least the Rams signed a TE they just had to have.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
This guys situation is an odd one - he takes a free agent visit or two and then its just crickets. I wonder if there is something medical or if his people just decided to put things on hold for now and see how the market develops.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I feel the same.
Snead and Fisher have built primarily through the draft.
The trend seems to continue. It may not be the immediate fix we would prefer, but it seems to be the smartest and cheapest way of doing so.

If only Long and Wells could have stayed healthy.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If we didn't sign him when we had 23 mil, I doubt we'd try to wiggle him in there now with, from the reports I've heard, $2 million in space.
Wiz is not some savior, his daddy (or uncle) was way better...Poor in pass pro, and not a great run blocker...I'm sure all the past FA signings have Snisher doing their due diligence...No to Wiz...no to Blalock as well...

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
If Wis isn't all that, then I expect a good O-line draft. It's too bad it'll leave a glaring hole if we pick up Cooper. I hope Erving is available in the late first round so we can trade up.

ztoben

Professional NFL Couch Analyst
Name
ztoben
If Wis isn't all that, then I expect a good O-line draft. It's too bad it'll leave a glaring hole if we pick up Cooper. I hope Erving is available in the late first round so we can trade up.

If we can pick up Scherff and Dismukes, while also re-signing Barksdale then our O-line would be pretty decent I think.