Is Jo Jo Natson on the Bubble?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Two fumbles on 26 punts - one lost. How is that sure hands?
Yeah, admittedly, the fumble he lost, that sucked. All I can say is— it was a fluke deal where it squirted out of his hands during the return.

When I say “sure hands”, I’m talking about the ability to catch the damn ball, cleanly, securely, no bobbles, no muffs. IMHO, when Jojo is back there, I have confidence he’ll catch the damn ball cleanly. (That has NOT been the case for me with plenty of Rams punt returners over the years).

BTW, I’m not saying Jojo is all-world or anything, I’m just saying I think he’s the best the Rams have right now.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Two fumbles on 26 punts - one lost. How is that sure hands?

I've seen much worse, IMO., Natson was not bad with ball security. Could he do better? Absolutely, but only one fumbled lost is not bad in the scheme of things, but any fumble lost is not a good thing. I love the fair catch for example and the offense comes back on the filed.

Tend to concur with @Selassie I on Natson's size, that does concern me taking some big hits, but Jo Jo had some nice returns and actually had a big day yesterday in OTA's as a receiver, however, I would like to look at other options, that's for sure.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Natson was sure handed when he replaced Pharoah, who was kicked to the curb over his fumbling issues. Then Natson fumbled....

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, admittedly, the fumble he lost, that sucked. All I can say is— it was a fluke deal where it squirted out of his hands during the return.
Coopers fumbled once in the playoffs as an all pro returner and people wanted him gone asap. I think return man is one of the only spots we really have a battle for this preseason.

oldnotdead

Legend
Bachman is fast, good length, good hands, with experience returning both KO and punts. If he shows anything in camps and TC he would be the one to keep over JoJo considering he's a much better WR prospect. Bachman's problems are experience and technique related. Like almost all rookies he needs to learn how to run routes at this level. If he can earn his keep as a kick returner than he's probably worth keeping on the 53 as he develops into a WR.

After watching Josh Reynolds, I think they should move him to TE. He's a long strider which is why he's a Y receiver anyway. Long striders are not as exposive off the snap as you want your outside WRs to be. As a TE he'd be covered by LB's and safeties. He's a size mismatch for safeties and a speed mismatch for most LBs.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Bachman is fast, good length, good hands, with experience returning both KO and punts. If he shows anything in camps and TC he would be the one to keep over JoJo considering he's a much better WR prospect. Bachman's problems are experience and technique related. Like almost all rookies he needs to learn how to run routes at this level. If he can earn his keep as a kick returner than he's probably worth keeping on the 53 as he develops into a WR.

After watching Josh Reynolds, I think they should move him to TE. He's a long strider which is why he's a Y receiver anyway. Long striders are not as exposive off the snap as you want your outside WRs to be. As a TE he'd be covered by LB's and safeties. He's a size mismatch for safeties and a speed mismatch for most LBs.

Your thinking way outside the box with Josh Reynolds. He is having trouble just bulking up as a WR.

To think outside of the box though would be to think of The Rams new special team ace !!

I remember watching The Rams against the great Rod Woodson.I believe with the Vikings even ?? Going off memory.

Back in the day a lot of DB’s would return Kicks & Punts. Scott played RB at Penn St.
I think adding depth of game day is an added value. So Reynolds doesn’t play special teams. Now you have an offensive player from a defensive spot.

Food for thought, but this adds a fame day roster spot. Kromer use less O’lineman on game day as well.During the season though you never know where the injury bug may come from.