Is it just me…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I’m a Bills fan. They are my AFC team to root for. With that said I recognize both Allen and Diggs as great NFL players but they both rub me the wrong way. They are both emotional guys but fueled a bit too much on bravado vs smart play/leadership. I prefer Stafford and Kupps quiet clutch play/leadership.

That’s a real good way to describe why some talented teams reach the next level and others don’t. (y)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, but who had Kurt Gibson, hobbling to the plate in the 9th inning, hitting a two run homer to win game one of the 1988 World Series? Down went Steroid Brothers Mark McGuire and Jose Canseco! BTW, it's not the number of World Series victories that matters, it's the quality of the wins!

(damn, it's hard being this good!_
@Memento
Its really adorable watching you two arguing over who the 2nd best team in the history of MLB is.
Since we all know who is King
1674736684858.png

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yes, but who had Kurt Gibson, hobbling to the plate in the 9th inning, hitting a two run homer to win game one of the 1988 World Series? Down went Steroid Brothers Mark McGuire and Jose Canseco! BTW, it's not the number of World Series victories that matters, it's the quality of the wins!

(damn, it's hard being this good!_
Who had Ozzie Smith hitting his first home run from the left side to send your Dodgers home? Who had David Freese hitting a walkoff homer against the Rangers when we were down to our final strike twice?

I’ll wait.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Wow I counted and 1 more HOF than the Dodgers - just like wins and losses will go back and forth
You really think The Machine and Yadi will go through in as Dodgers? (And if Wainwright has a good enough year, maybe he gets in as well.)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who had Ozzie Smith hitting his first home run from the left side to send your Dodgers home? Who had David Freese hitting a walkoff homer against the Rangers when we were down to our final strike twice?

I’ll wait.
Who called historic Ebbetts Field AND Chavez Ravine, home? (Aint no way Memo's got a comeback for THIS!)

I'll wait.

Tano

Legend
But I will say that the website counted all players that played for St Louis and Dodgers at some point in time

I have no clue on the old timers which ones went in as Dodgers and which ones went in as Cardinals

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I guess they could have not signed AD and Kupp and Stafford. Then they probably would have had the money to go out and sign whoever they wanted to fill the holes. To do what they did to win the SB left them with choices. I think the choices they made will make a difference in the long run. Their will always be trade offs. The SB win was a trade off for this season. I think the next will be more what we would like to see.

Not Trading Robert Woods, signing A Robinson and not signing Bobby Wagner would have saved a ton of money for an edge.

I think we could have been okay and ILB and WR had they not done either. Wagner played great, but feels like money not well spent.
Thinking we could have been okay with Jones in his stead...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not Trading Robert Woods, signing A Robinson and not signing Bobby Wagner would have saved a ton of money for an edge.
They did have the money for Edge, they had actually offered more $$ to Von Miller than Buffalo did, and the way they put together Wagner's deal, it seems likely they could have afforded him too.

Tano

Legend
They did have the money for Edge, they had actually offered more $$ to Von Miller than Buffalo did, and the way they put together Wagner's deal, it seems likely they could have afforded him too.
Hey - this turned into a baseball thread - keep on track

Memento

Name
Jemma
Who called historic Ebbetts Field AND Chavez Ravine, home? (Aint no way Memo's got a comeback for THIS!)

I'll wait.

Who has stayed in one city for the entirety of their being?

I'll wait.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Well Kershaw for sure

Kershaw for sure, absolutely. But the Cardinals already have 18 to your Dodgers 16, and Pujols and Molina are for sure going in as Cardinals. You have an uphill climb.

But I will say that the website counted all players that played for St Louis and Dodgers at some point in time

I have no clue on the old timers which ones went in as Dodgers and which ones went in as Cardinals

https://www.baseball-almanac.com/hof/hofstat.shtml

That's the website I used. Not sure if it counts managers and builders alongside players.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who has stayed in one city for the entirety of their being?

I'll wait.
What team was so important, that one city couldn't hold them forever?
I'll wait.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

nighttrain

Legend
Kershaw for sure, absolutely. But the Cardinals already have 18 to your Dodgers 16, and Pujols and Molina are for sure going in as Cardinals. You have an uphill climb.

https://www.baseball-almanac.com/hof/hofstat.shtml

That's the website I used. Not sure if it counts managers and builders alongside players.
Lasorda didnt make many mistakes, but he trade Hall of Famer Pedro Martinez for a middlin 2nd baseman, huge error
train

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

I think we could have been okay and ILB and WR had they not done either. Wagner played great, but feels like money not well spent.
Thinking we could have been okay with Jones in his stead...
The Wagner signing was a good one. Not for too much money either. Yes they made mistakes, they always have, but to say they didn't try to plug the holes is not true.

The Rams first pick in the draft was a big lineman. Can't help he got hurt.

So many thought they should have drafted Humphrey, but they had just given a contract to what they thought was their starting center. McVay wanted a deep threat, but then he got hurt and Skow happened and his versatility kept Tutu off the field.

I guess what I am saying is, just because their plan didn't work out doesn't mean they werent addressing holes.

I don't agree with all they have done, but what they have done is give me a SB winner and that is worth giving them a chance before we piss all over them.