Is it just me…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
Baseball is like reading a book. Everything gets so drawn out. I love reading but many times i find i kind of scimm over long drawn out discriptions of very mundain acts to get to the better parts.
Baseball i have started to record, so i can do the same thing. It might be different if Vinny was filling the gaps with his stories and antidotes.
Vinny made me want to listen to games on the radio. Quite frequently the game was secondary to the stories Vin would tell.

When I was out camping, I would sit around a campfire with my friends listening to Vinny call a game.

Tano

Legend
Baseball is like reading a book. Everything gets so drawn out. I love reading but many times i find i kind of scimm over long drawn out discriptions of very mundain acts to get to the better parts.
Baseball i have started to record, so i can do the same thing. It might be different if Vinny was filling the gaps with his stories and antidotes.
Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time books were just like that. Gawd he would draw out parts of a story before getting to the great parts.

dang

Legend
I can respect that. Allen and the way the media portrays him rubs me the wrong way. He doesn't have any control over the media narrative so I'll give him a pass there though I don't think he's accomplished anything worth the praise he receives. Outside of the hero ball he plays, I've never seen a guy use his size and speed like he does only to turn into a complete bitch when he gets tackled hard. I can't count the number of times I've seen him pushing guys off him, starting shit when they react only to walk away when his offensive line rolls up to defend him.

Diggs is just your stereotypical #1 receiver: great when he gets the ball and a whiner when he doesn't. Not that it's right but I'm pretty much used to that. They can't all be like Kupp and that's ok, I know special when I see it.
Kupp is generationally special. I hope he has 4-5 more outstanding years so he can be put onto the Mount Rushmore of NFL WRs with Rice and Moss. 4th spot reserved for Tutu Atwell.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Have to give it up to the Bengals, they channeled their disrespect and foiled everyone thinking that the Bills were headed to the Super Bowl.
Big time Bengals and Joe Burrow fan. They actually went and invested on the problems on the team and it paid off. Interesting how that works.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Vinny made me want to listen to games on the radio. Quite frequently the game was secondary to the stories Vin would tell.

When I was out camping, I would sit around a campfire with my friends listening to Vinny call a game.
I found a game better listening on the radio better than watching it on tv

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Big time Bengals and Joe Burrow fan. They actually went and invested on the problems on the team and it paid off. Interesting how that works.
Your statement confuses me. How did the rams win a SB if they didn't invest in fixing the problems?

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
Your statement confuses me. How did the rams win a SB if they didn't invest in fixing the problems?
I'm talking about this Off-season. New the OL and EDGE would be an issue and put all the eggs into the von miller basket, and resigned two often injured guys in Noteboom and Brian Allen to rely on again. With very shaky depth.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I'm talking about this Off-season. New the OL and EDGE would be an issue and put all the eggs into the von miller basket, and resigned two often injured guys in Noteboom and Brian Allen to rely on again. With very shaky depth.

Yep, they targeted their weakness, but don’t seem to have done a great job. BUT it seems to have been enough.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
They signed two guys who they drafted in 2018 and developed. One went on IR in 2019, missed most of 2020 and played really good OC in 2021, helping them win a SB. The other guy went on IR in 2019, missed the rest of that season, played 9 games in 2020, 7 at LT, 2 at OG and did pretty well. Spotted a couple of games in 2021 and did really well, including a crucial playoff game in Tampa. Their LT retired and they let their RG walk. I think they did address the problem but it didn't work out. Should they have signed guys from outside the organization who were never injured? Give me some names.

"Knew the OL and Edge would be an issue and put all their eggs in the Von Miller basket"? They announced the signing of Noteboom and Allen on March 13th. On March 14th, Andrew Whitworth announced his retirement (though the Rams probably knew before signing Noteboom and Allen). Von Miller signed with the Bills on March 15th. 2 days after Miller signed with Buffalo, the Rams announced the signing of Allen Robinson. On March 23rd they traded Robert Woods to Tennessee. The statement "they put all their eggs in the Von Miller basket...." doesn't fit timeline. A connection between Miller signing in Buffalo and Allen Robinson signing with the Rams, then the trade of Robert Woods to Tennessee has a more logical connection than Miller and the OL.....IMHO.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
They signed two guys who they drafted in 2018 and developed. One went on IR in 2019, missed most of 2020 and played really good OC in 2021, helping them win a SB. The other guy went on IR in 2019, missed the rest of that season, played 9 games in 2020, 7 at LT, 2 at OG and did pretty well. Spotted a couple of games in 2021 and did really well, including a crucial playoff game in Tampa. Their LT retired and they let their RG walk. I think they did address the problem but it didn't work out. Should they have signed guys from outside the organization who were never injured? Give me some names.

"Knew the OL and Edge would be an issue and put all their eggs in the Von Miller basket"? They announced the signing of Noteboom and Allen on March 13th. On March 14th, Andrew Whitworth announced his retirement (though the Rams probably knew before signing Noteboom and Allen). Von Miller signed with the Bills on March 15th. 2 days after Miller signed with Buffalo, the Rams announced the signing of Allen Robinson. On March 23rd they traded Robert Woods to Tennessee. The statement "they put all their eggs in the Von Miller basket...." doesn't fit timeline. A connection between Miller signing in Buffalo and Allen Robinson signing with the Rams, then the trade of Robert Woods to Tennessee has a more logical connection than Miller and the OL.....IMHO.
I'm get and agree with most of what you said. The Miller comment was referring to not being in on any other EDGE. But yet resorted to trying to rely on often injured Lewis and kind of a journey man in (forget the other guy's name). Would've rather they spent the Arob money on an EDGE or DB personally.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I'm get and agree with most of what you said. The Miller comment was referring to not being in on any other EDGE. But yet resorted to trying to rely on often injured Lewis and kind of a journey man in (forget the other guy's name). Would've rather they spent the Arob money on an EDGE or DB personally.
Well the bad thing is our season is over. The good thing is there's another off season coming......and we will all have another chance to critique their moves. :biggrin:

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
Well the bad thing is our season is over. The good thing is there's another off season coming......and we will all have another chance to critique their moves. :biggrin:
I'm sure I'll lead the train because I'm a professional after-the-fact I knew better guy :laugh4:

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I guess they could have not signed AD and Kupp and Stafford. Then they probably would have had the money to go out and sign whoever they wanted to fill the holes. To do what they did to win the SB left them with choices. I think the choices they made will make a difference in the long run. Their will always be trade offs. The SB win was a trade off for this season. I think the next will be more what we would like to see.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The Dodgers for some reason do badly against some terrible teams.

For example - Dodgers are almost 500 with the Cardinals - that is so wrong (okay waits for the wrath of fury to come from @Memento)

Who has more World Series championships? I'll wait.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Who has Jackie Robinson? *drops mic....

Who gave Branch Rickey his first job so he could scout out Robinson? stomps on your mic, picks it up and drops it

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who gave Branch Rickey his first job so he could scout out Robinson? stomps on your mic, picks it up and drops it
Yes, but who had Kurt Gibson, hobbling to the plate in the 9th inning, hitting a two run homer to win game one of the 1988 World Series? Down went Steroid Brothers Mark McGuire and Jose Canseco! BTW, it's not the number of World Series victories that matters, it's the quality of the wins!

(damn, it's hard being this good!_