In the interest of sparking a good debate during this slow season...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
They do....

Curious...why don't you want to include the 1st quarter? When a game is in the balance...When momentum can be grabbed?

oh....cause a drive ended with Kupp
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201801060ram.htm#all_pbp
1st Q....5:47
What does the 3rd down passes in this game have to do with anything? Why does it matter when one is targeted? Oh yeah, I've seen that PFF post....he was successful on 3rd down at a very high %%%...but for some reason, not this game....biggest game of the season...ok....

13 targets...whenever they came....8 completions...whenever they came...for 69 yards....

If he was only running 4 yards downfield...he shouldn't have gotten any passes...

After the 1st....The Rams kinda woke up...kinda...cause I'd take10 points a quarter any day....after the 2nd quarter...they went back to sleep...blame the D if YOU want....Offense....number 1 ranked scoring offense...crap the bed...at home. Almost a choke job in my book.

Yeah, we're gonna disagree....the drive say...Punt, punt, punt, fumble, punt, TD, FG, punt, FG, downs, downs....

Defense....blame them....my lying eyes say different.

How many times do I have to say this. The Rams had a bad first quarter. Atlanta had the Rams number in the first quarter. I have seen many teams with good to great offenses have a bad first quarter. Most recent - Brady in the Superbowl against Falcons had a bad FIRST HALF. (Brady was able to make a comeback only because his defense didn't let him down in the second half. They gave up only one score and were able to get turnovers.)

Then McVay made adjustments in the second quarter and the Rams offense looked good and drove downfield on every drive except the one in the third quarter where Goff did a dump off to Gurley on 3rd and 7 for a really short gain.

Bad third down play. You got me there. The first field goal occurred because they ran out of time in the second quarter. Havensteins hold didn't help either. Their second field goal because Goff got sacked.

The last two drives that ended on downs. The first one ended after two contested throws that in my opinion both should have been caught for TDs but were dropped. Goff did his job on that drive. The second one that ended on downs, the first pass should have been caught for a TD as well. But it got dropped. And from what I could tell, that really killed the momentum for Goff because he made poor throws on the next 3 downs. You got me there too.

I never said he had a great game but he had a respectable game from those drives that he made. But he got let down by the defense in the second half.

Falcons drives in the second half

Long time consuming drive for a field goal
Long time consuming drive for a field goal
Long time consuming drive for a TD
3 play drive where they tried to run out the clock - punt
Game Over drive

That is a D by the Rams defense in my mind.

It would have been an F if not for only allowing two field goals and stopping the Falcons so the Rams still had a chance (extremely small chance that is) in the last two minutes.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Atlanta had the Rams number in the first quarter.
entire game...we scored 13 points
I have seen many teams with good to great offenses have a bad first quarter.
Me too....but they don't happen at home...in the playoffs...that's an average offense...again...IMO
(Brady was able to make a comeback only because his defense didn't let him down in the second half.
Brady threw for 500 yards....Pats defense was terrible, (so was Philly's)...I don't think Philly punted once...what game were you watching?
Arguing just to argue...using shit that's not relevant to the topic...stay on point...
The first one ended after two contested throws that in my opinion both should have been caught for TDs but were dropped.
Contested means...contested....we all would have liked them to be caught....but hey, defenders get paid too...

They were good passes...but not great...probably hung in the air too long for my liking...probably why the defender was able to close the distance and make a play...

My point...everyone on here keeps saying Sammy Dropped passes....he didn't....he didn't win the 50/50 balls...but the defender did get his hands on them...

Higbee's was an out and out drop....shit he's done all his career....why we're targeting him STILL...in the biggest game of the year...you need to talk to your BOY....If I had to bet...I bet Hemingway beats him out by game 4 or 5.
But he got let down by the defense in the second half.
Team game....the defense could say the offense and ST's let THEM down...on the field in back to back situations...but they battled a tough opponent...held them the best they could...and....the D wasn't the strength of our team last year...we won a lot because of the offense....the #1 scoring offense....we scored 13 points...at home...you guys can shape this like you want...but the game was watched by all...and is recorded....13 points....man to man...press coverage....this miracle separator....great team speed on that Atl defense...and they were all pretty young. So, they aint going nowhere.

Until I see an actual game...Woods is now the #1 wr....Gurley is the number 1 option....no one is scared of any other offensive target on the team.

Tano

Legend
Brady threw for 500 yards....Pats defense was terrible, (so was Philly's)...I don't think Philly punted once...what game were you watching?
Arguing just to argue...using crap that's not relevant to the topic...stay on point...
I'm talking the Falcon game dude

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Have never used the ignore feature - don’t even know how.....
.....yet.

Tano

Legend
Higbee's was an out and out drop....crap he's done all his career....why we're targeting him STILL...in the biggest game of the year...you need to talk to your BOY....If I had to bet...I bet Hemingway beats him out by game 4 or 5.
This is the one area that we do agree on.

I do not like all the passes that he has dropped either. He has caught a few clutch passes but not enough to make up for all his drops. I too am hoping that Hemingway of Everett come alive this year.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Have never used the ignore feature - don’t even know how.....
.....yet.

Click on the screen name or pic of the member you want to ignore. If there's a popup, click "profile page." Usually it will take you straight to the profile page. At the top of the page it will say "ignore." Click that.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Yeah , funny enough.
But even I’m not stupid enough to compare Robinson to Whitworth.

You really outdid yourself.

Congratulations.

But hey Champ, keep bringing up a two second clip from over two years ago about the QB that took the shit fucking team we’ve all been watching for fifteen fucking yeas to the NFC championship.

It’s the QB, stupid.
It’s the QB, stupid.
It’s the QB, stupid.

You are officially hopeless.

I’m too old too keep reading your drivel.

Congrats, first poster I’ve ever ignored.