If Jared Verse is this strong at 23…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I was pretty excited when we drafted Jared Verse. Having watched him at FSU, I knew we were getting a polished, athletic EDGE who could beat OTs with quickness and technique.

I didn’t appreciate his strength, though. He is routinely bull rushing OTs who outweigh him by at least 50 lbs. and pushing them into the backfield.

And he’s only 23! Give him a year or two in a pro conditioning program, and he’s going to be an absolute monster!

Great selection!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't know much about Verse, Lailatu, or anyone else but I drank the kool-aid about Latu being the most polished Edge. Now? I believe Verse will be a star and no one else matters. In hindsight... I wouldn't have cared if the Rams drafted him with the #1 pick in the entire draft.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Dude is a genetic freak. Guy put on 60lbs during his time off during covid, which was a few months long at most? Wish I had that dudes genetics.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Dude is a genetic freak. Guy put on 60lbs during his time off during covid, which was a few months long at most? Wish I had that dudes genetics.
That was what blew me away as well. IIRR, his dad bought him a small gym worth of equipment, and worked with him. He said when he came back, no one recognized him because he was a completely different person.

I can't help but wonder if we're in for watching even more transformations from the guy.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Unless its mostly fat that would be called steroids.
Yes and no. You need to have very good genetics in order to gain that much weight in that short of time, regardless of steroids. I've used steroids for a little over a decade for bodybuilding purposes and never put that much weight on in that short of time. I have personally put on 60 lbs in a little over a year naturally when I first started eating properly and training, but never put that much on when I was using gear.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Guy has fucking tree trunks for arms and is just incredibly strong. He's a rook and yet he abuses veteran OL with strength alone.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I didn't know much about Verse, Lailatu, or anyone else but I drank the kool-aid about Latu being the most polished Edge. Now? I believe Verse will be a star and no one else matters. In hindsight... I wouldn't have cared if the Rams drafted him with the #1 pick in the entire draft.
Latu is still going to be a star IMO, but, I'm very happy we ended up with Verse.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
1729965775821.png

Toothsayer

Rookie
Name
Richard H Stee
I was looking for the vid in which Chris Sims gets uncomfortably detailed in his assessment of leading edge prospects' butts & singles Verse out as having inadequate junk in the trunk to handle NFL OTs. Couldn't find it, but came across this thread-derailing delight. The watermelon helmet alone justifies the board faux pas, imo, though.

View: https://youtu.be/S3Y92uAAUJ0?si=rOzrLDCVXpkeMvpZ

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
When I was looking at the edge possibilities one thing that stood out was the strength of Verse. I wasn't sure who they'd pick but I figured if he was still there that it would be a good choice. I also remember Snead's comment about how violent a pass rusher he is. Him and Young should form a good edge duo for the next few years. With Fiske and Turner in the interior the defensive front should be very formidable. Get a solid ILB and maybe a couple good corners and this could be a good defense in a year or two.