If Jared Verse is this strong at 23…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Yes and no. You need to have very good genetics in order to gain that much weight in that short of time, regardless of steroids. I've used steroids for a little over a decade for bodybuilding purposes and never put that much weight on in that short of time. I have personally put on 60 lbs in a little over a year naturally when I first started eating properly and training, but never put that much on when I was using gear.
Very true.
Genetics and hard work still are huge elements.
Sixty pounds is a ton.....Im also assuming an athlete like Verse was not underweight, but, maybe he was.
I have trained some athletes and could never get any of them to even approach that sort of gain....didnt want them to either.
Eating properly and proper recover are huge.
Im making unfair assumptions really.
Why do you think the lesser gain when you were juicing....recovery related to over working?

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
C'mon people. David Robinson gained around 6 inches AFTER he committed to Navy. Some kids just grow because of their genes. Steroids? I really don't think so. And I have to believe that these kids are tested before, during, or after their college careers.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Very true.
Genetics and hard work still are huge elements.
Sixty pounds is a ton.....Im also assuming an athlete like Verse was not underweight, but, maybe he was.
I have trained some athletes and could never get any of them to even approach that sort of gain....didnt want them to either.
Eating properly and proper recover are huge.
Im making unfair assumptions really.
Why do you think the lesser gain when you were juicing....recovery related to over working?
I'm not genetically a very big guy. I went from 135 to 195 at 5'8 in a little less than a yr and a half naturally. I fluctuate b/w 190- 200 depending on my diet atm, but i look alot better at 190 now then i did naturally (leaner and more muscle). My goal as always been to be around 230-240, but it's just not in the cards. I think I reached my limit genetically before I started using steroids, if not really close to it.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
C'mon people. David Robinson gained around 6 inches AFTER he committed to Navy. Some kids just grow because of their genes. Steroids? I really don't think so. And I have to believe that these kids are tested before, during, or after their college careers.
Olympic athletes are tested harder than nfl athletes and PEDS run rampant through out olympic sports.

But I agree, his genetics are obviously superior than 99.99% of the world population.

dang

Legend
That was what blew me away as well. IIRR, his dad bought him a small gym worth of equipment, and worked with him. He said when he came back, no one recognized him because he was a completely different person.

I can't help but wonder if we're in for watching even more transformations from the guy.
Put him and the entire DL under Aaron Donald’s mentorship.

Toothsayer

Rookie
Name
Richard H Stee
Where did this 60 lb in one year thing come from ? I remember reading about the jump from 215 to 255 during the Covid year. It's still remarkable, but not crazy for a guy who was a running back & track athlete (part of state champ 4x400 team) as a teen, not a defensive lineman.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I was pretty excited when we drafted Jared Verse. Having watched him at FSU, I knew we were getting a polished, athletic EDGE who could beat OTs with quickness and technique.

I didn’t appreciate his strength, though. He is routinely bull rushing OTs who outweigh him by at least 50 lbs. and pushing them into the backfield.

And he’s only 23! Give him a year or two in a pro conditioning program, and he’s going to be an absolute monster!

Great selection!

We need to get him a good partner on the other side of the D line. And upgrade the LB corps.

Tano

Legend
Man - I would like to know Aaron Donald thoughts looking at this D-Line. Maybe something like this...

With myself on this DL - what would opposing teams do - Triple team me and go one on one with everyone else?

Somebody is going to be free. Even double team me and they would be in trouble.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I gained 60lbs during covid too!
But it came from the kitchen not the gym.:woozy:

fearsomefour

Legend
Olympic athletes are tested harder than nfl athletes and PEDS run rampant through out olympic sports.

But I agree, his genetics are obviously superior than 99.99% of the world population.
Also, a player isn't announced as failing a PED test in the NFL until the third test that pops him, or so Ive heard.