I thought _______ would be a huge star!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
How about Donnie fuckin Avery? We could of had Desean Jackson. Hopes were real high for Donnie.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I was pissed when we took J. Smith over Mark Sanchez. I thought Sanchez was going to be a very good qb.
So, yeah. Mark Sanchez.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I thought Brian Leonard would be a cross between a fullback and Amp Lee, getting in on 3rd downs getting tough yards, pass blocking. He ran a 4.49 as a fullback, benched 225 28 times. Then shoulder surgery and a regime change then see ya Brian.
Even before the regime change, Linehan kept trying to change what he was rather than use the player he got. Carriker suffered from this as well.

How about Donnie freakin Avery? We could of had Desean Jackson. Hopes were real high for Donnie.
We could have had Desean Jackson. But I don't think he would have done much better than Avery (who was really killed by injuries) with his attitude.

Now that we're better than we were, sure. But then, no. You don't need a diva in the locker room when you're rebuilding from scratch.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Robert Thomas.
I am a staunch UCLA supporter and I loved this guy. Met him shortly after he was drafted and was thinking he would kill for that defense......not.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Not a Rams player but Mark Ingram.

I still look at his tape and wonder what the heck happened. He was a beast.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Jones? That's probably a little premature. He's still developing, don't you think?
Er, yeah... I missed the last part of the OP. I'm still convinced Jones is going to be a beast.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Oh, Limas Sweed and Devin Thomas. Thought those dudes would be the tits.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Wake Forest LB Aaron Curry & Florida State DE Andre Wadsworth seem to fit the bill.

Can't say I thought they would be huge stars, but as far as actual Rams, no one in the world was going to be able to convince me that 2001 draftees LB Brian Allen and WR Milton Wynn weren't the steals of the 2001 draft.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Givens. after the way he started I thought we had our #1. Now I think every coach in the NFL has his number!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Trent Richardson

I can't believe how bad he's been.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Aaron Curry, I remember really really wanting Aaron Curry. Turns out we lost out on that draft either way...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I wasn't going to say this out of fear of public humiliation but since other guys have copped to some duds......

Trung. Fuckin'. Canidate.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I thought that Klopfenstein would be our own Jason Witten, to be honest. Turns out that he couldn't hack it in the NFL.