I thought _______ would be a huge star!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
What draft pick (or free agent if you want to go there) were you convinced was going to be a huge star, and you were either pumped the Rams got him, disappointed the Rams didn't get him, or would have wanted the Rams to get him if there was a need at the position...

...and you turned out to be absolutely wrong about him?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Adam Carriker. I didn't know jack shit about how the draft worked but I knew the Rams needed to get their terrible run D better. Was super excited at this DT, and he had a pretty good rookie season to boot. Then Clifton Ryan played just as well has he, and I was like yeah, DT set for the next 5 years!!! Well...

Then there's Mardy Gilyard, Jon Wade (remember him being the best player at camp yada yada), Greg Salas, etc etc.

Oh and I was really excited for Jason Brown. He was a stud his first year, then he just didn't seem to care. Thought he'd be here for another 6, 7 years.

Pissed at Jacksonville for taking Justin Blackmon. You gotta wonder if he was here, if he still would've been in all this trouble.

This year, I'm disappointed the Rams passed on Jake Matthews, but it's in the past.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Jason Smith. Hearing the reports from Boudreau in their first year together, I thought for sure we had the makings of a dominant RT to bookend Saffold for the next decade, and he had just lacked proper technique, coaching and motivation.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Right about: BJ Raji: As a BC alum I wanted this guy.
Wrong about: Courtland Finnegan and Mardy Gilyard. I thought Gilyard was a steal when we got him.

Jury still out on Stedman Bailey and Tavon Austin. Didn't like trading up for Austin and thought Bailey in the 3rd was great.

PaRam24

UDFA
Vernon Gholston, he was a beast at Ohio State and an absolute workout warrior that I loved. Turned out to have zero translation to the NFL game.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Oh, and Barrett Jones. I was convinced he was the steal of the draft (along with Chris Faulk and Marcus Lattimore) and will be a high-caliber mainstay on our offensive line for a decade.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I thought I. Pead was gonna be a cross between Chris Johson and Marshall Faulk

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ronnie Hillman out of SDSU. Thought he was going to be a studly change of pace HB. Can barely get on the field in Denver due to fumbling issues.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I'm with those of you that were expecting good things from Gilyard. Even met him and got an autograph. I wanted him to succeed. But oh well. Another was Bradley Fletcher. Oh wait......

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
James Hardy. I was flipping channels and caught an Indiana game his last year in college. He was a man amongst boys. He reached over a db on an under thrown corner fade route in the end zone and got a simultaneous possession touchdown. Lifted the ball up over his head with the db still holding it, and lifted the guy off the ground. Probably why you are not supposed to grade a player based on one game!

I also was on the Gilyard bandwagon after the Sports Science clip of him running routes blind folded and making the catches.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Tye Freaking Hill. After he got that pick in the first game vs Denver I thought we had finally found a #1 corner.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Tye Freaking Hill. After he got that pick in the first game vs Denver I thought we had finally found a #1 corner.

I love Clemson, I remember wanting hill bad. Just thought we reached. I hoped he would do well tho. We know how that turned out.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I thought Brian Leonard would be a cross between a fullback and Amp Lee, getting in on 3rd downs getting tough yards, pass blocking. He ran a 4.49 as a fullback, benched 225 28 times. Then shoulder surgery and a regime change then see ya Brian.

SierraRam

Recreational User
It's tough to nail just ONE down. There's too many! :(

I remember cheering when we took the best player off the ESPN board & filled a huge need by taking our TE of the future:

Joe Floppenstein
images

…..

Legend
It's tough to nail just ONE down. There's too many! :(

I remember cheering when we took the best player off the ESPN board & filled a huge need by taking our TE of the future:

Joe Floppenstein
images

Yup...me too. I thought he would be our TE for years to come.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Oh, and Barrett Jones. I was convinced he was the steal of the draft (along with Chris Faulk and Marcus Lattimore) and will be a high-caliber mainstay on our offensive line for a decade.

Jones? That's probably a little premature. He's still developing, don't you think?