Hurricane Ian

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I have been keeping a close eye on this big storm towards my Ramily in FL.

Our thoughts are with you and truly hope you are all being safe.

We are truly concerned.

Football means nothing right now.

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I must be bad if they are talking about it on the news here in the UK. I went through hirrucances whilst living in Florida that people back home didn't even know about.

This is nudging Cat 5 now.

Best of luck people!

1664364191107.png

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
According to local forecasters this is looking extremely grim, especially with concerns to the storm surge. Still looks like our house is taking a direct hit in North Port.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
According to local forecasters this is looking extremely grim, especially with concerns to the storm surge. Still looks like our house is taking a direct hit in North Port.

Hey Brudda

Are you guys hunkering down at home or did you head inland?

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
SW Fla… stay safe!

Here in Seminole county, we’re hunkering down, but we won’t see anything as severe as you folks will.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, last I checked, sustained were 155mph and cat 5 starts at 157, but the cat 5 certainly for things like roofs and windows is 155, so… I dunno. Close enough for government work, either way…

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The potential rain totals are insane. What are you guys seeing there?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It's been raining all day. Winds are starting to pick up as the bands pass through.

I heard we will get 20+" of rain here in Central Florida which is going to be an all time record if it happens. This is a slower moving storm so it's gonna dump lots more rain in 1 area than most storms normally do. My pool is already full to the brim and the real strong stuff isn't supposed to happen until tomorrow for us.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It's been raining all day. Winds are starting to pick up as the bands pass through.

I heard we will get 20+" of rain here in Central Florida which is going to be an all time record if it happens. This is a slower moving storm so it's gonna dump lots more rain in 1 area than most storms normally do. My pool is already full to the brim and the real strong stuff isn't supposed to happen until tomorrow for us.
Are you guys bunkered down?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Are you guys bunkered down?

Not trying to be a wise guy but it's hunkered down...

Yeah... we are home and sitting through it. This will be our first storm in our new house... but she's been through many with no problems in the past. I had a big live oak cut down that was close to the house last year that concerned me with a storm so that was good.

I worked at the school all day... just got home. Gonna go pour a stiff drink and start chilling.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Not trying to be a wise guy but it's hunkered down...
Miss J Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Do you hunker down or bunker down?​

It depends on what kind of emergency you are facing. A bunker in the First World War was a reinforced concrete underground shelter, designed to withstand a bomb. To bunker down is to find shelter against attack, whether that shelter is physical or metaphorical. People preparing for a cyclone would bunker down.

To hunker is to squat on one’s haunches. Originally – and we are talking the 1700s in British English – there was no particular connotation associated with it. You might hunker down to have a rest or to play cards or any other game that required you to squat on the ground.

SWAdude

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
63 looks like he took a direct hit.

I do pray him and the L-wife are safe.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This is what I think is going on @Selassie I … you squatting in your haunches, aren’t you? Whatever that means.

:laugh4:

Funny thing about that is I normally refuse to even use that damn saying. It irritates the shit out of me for several reasons. I almost didn't say anything to you about it because of it. LOL

My friend in Naples is getting hit hard right now. By Irma and his wife. He decided not to put up his expensive custom hurricane shutters that is wife told him to do. Hopefully he survives the wife-surge.

We are getting 50 mph gusts right now.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
63 looks like he took a direct hit.

I do pray him and the L-wife are safe.

Yeah... they are right in the eye's path. That's why I put that radar shot up.

Hope they don't have any damage.

SWAdude

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Yeah... they are right in the eye's path. That's why I put that radar shot up.

Hope they don't have any damage.
I was not certain if they evacuated. Did anyone find out?